Why do people get so worked up about presale tickets?

TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I got MSG!!!! I GOT NY ONE!!! Boston here I come!!! WoooHoooo whoppity doo....

Why the rush over the presale and the ticketmaster sales? I buy my tickets two days before the concerts, get better seats, and are cheaper... Ive seen PJ in Boston 3 rows back, for 70 bucks, PJ front row upper level center for 40, and Isat front row for the Eddie Vedder solo show for 20 bucks! Other than that, Kings of Leon 6th row, black keys 3rd row, and john mayer 10th row all for half price...Hell, I saw ben kweller in the front row and bought two tickets for .99 cents total....

I dont understand the hoopla. Maybe I just have a stroke of luck?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TM248419 wrote:

Why the rush over the presale and the ticketmaster sales? I buy my tickets two days before the concerts, get better seats, and are cheaper... Ive seen PJ in Boston 3 rows back, for 70 bucks, PJ front row upper level center for 40, and Isat front row for the Eddie Vedder solo show for 20 bucks! Other than that, Kings of Leon 6th row, black keys 3rd row, and john mayer 10th row all for half price...Hell, I saw ben kweller in the front row and bought two tickets for .99 cents total....

wow! like. you are so cool. omg. will you be my bff?
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    Is this thread any cooler than.... "OMG I GOT MSG AT 3:40!!!!" Like....Who fucking cares?
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    TM248419 wrote:

Maybe so, maybe you are just lucky.
    I don't think your story is the typical one.

That having been said, what's wrong with people being excited and happy?
    Don't step on it, man. Just join the party.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • TM248419 wrote:
    Like....Who fucking cares?

exactly.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    TM248419 wrote:

Don't listen to these people. I happen to agree with you. They're true narcissists of the rarest form. They're all the biggest fan. You get my drift... and I have had the same "luck" with tickets outside of the 10C. Maybe I'm jaded. I also think Kat should lock this thread because the initial post was legitimate... the responses are idiotic and serve no purpose.
  • Yep. Nice thing is that this tour is so close to the last one where I got to go 4 night spectrum, I'm not flipping out over MSG tickets. Going to try to get some in an hour, if I do...wuhoo. If not, I'll keep trying ticketmaster (or whoever is brokering) for a good pair where I'll be comfortable.

MSG doesn't do it for me though. Three shows there on fanclub tix and they all have sucked so far in terms of seat position, the floor there is just terribad and that's where I always get stuck.
  • TM248419 wrote:

i've never understood the big deal either. ticketmaster has always worked better and with less hassle.
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    MrSmith wrote:
    TM248419 wrote:

i've never understood the big deal either. ticketmaster has always worked better and with less hassle.

To each their own, yeah?

Personally, I don't like the uncertainty of waiting until right before the show to try to get tickets. I'm happy it's always worked out so well for you, and it's probably worth trying, but I know I would be pulling my hair out between now and then.

And ticket days are exciting. Everyone wants to share it. It's just human nature.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • I GET CAUGHT UP IN THE EXCITEMENT TOO!!!!!!!!! I strangely feel obligated to purchase 10C tix, even though I have usually scored better beats from brokers. But I love my boys and love supporting them and have given my 10C tix away when the seats were shitty and I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase better ones. Hey if my episode at Philly didn't make me quit 'em, nothing will! How is this for a kick in the teeth... I was able to score tix from 10C for 3 of the 4 nights in Philly... as I was picking up my tix on 10/31 a kid strolls up to the window and asks "Any tix left for tonight?" I'm like yeah you got no shot kid! I almost collapsed when she pushed a ticket out to him and he pushed her back some cash... BUT THATS NOT THE BEST PART...the best part is my tix were in the 300's and his was in the 100's.... I was so hurt, but I still had a great time!
    JAMMER FOR LIFE!
  • RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    Yeah Im with ya, I have a shitty 10C# anyway so ticketmaster always comes up better...how funny, years ago we hated ticketmaster, now they save my ass
  • I have a decent # so I get a little antsy!!! It's all good though!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.