Just got through to MSG I - This 10 minute thing is BS

Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I had tickets in my cart for over an hour.

Just kept trying and trying and trying. Seriously tried to check out probably 30-40 times. After the first dozen times or so I pulled up my online banking page and was refreshing that as well to see if I were charged.

Finally, just a few minutes ago I was again timed out after getting to step 3 of checkout, however this time my available checking balance went down $173.00.

Checked my order history and there is my order.

So I'm happy obviously, but I totally feel for people who got locked out. This system is ridiculously flawed. This is like 1999 internet practices. I didn't even get a confirmation or anything. If I didn't check with my bank, I'd have assumed I just lost the tickets. And why was I able to have them in my cart for over an hour while trying to check out?

Again, I'm psyched it worked out for me, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole process needs a major overhaul.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Spot on ! :ugeek:
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    i'm not a programmer or web guru, so but I imagine it isn't easy to prepare a server using https for 50,000 simultaneous hits...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • MF3973MF3973 Posts: 5
    with a weeks notice no it is not easy to upgrade to whatever they need to handle this load....

but this has been going on for how many years? somebody at the 10 Club needs to buy a clue and seriously look into an upgrade of SOMETHING!
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    I agree. But don't other bands due this? Dave fans are pretty rabid, they have a ticketing system no?

What about other bands? Radiohead? I know a lot of them cop-out and route you right to Ticketmaster, but not all of them.

I love the 10-Club and have been very fortunate with their ticketing policy, but it's clearly outdated. Why does the 10-Club give so many people the perception that they are just a poorly run operation. They are slow with news, info, mailings, ticketing system, etc. There really isn't anything they do well, we just all tolerate them because we're obsessed with the band. They should be better at some of this stuff by now. How many years of operation will it take for them to deliver mail timely? How many tours before they can have a smooth online ticketing operation?

It's embarrassing for them and frustrating for us. You gotta be really doped up on the Kool-Aid to continue to defend some of these business practices.
  • pearljim10pearljim10 Posts: 404
    wow it's like the op was watching me over my shoulder. i did the same exact thing. i'm still holding my breathe until i get the email confirmation.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    I agree. But don't other bands due this? Dave fans are pretty rabid, they have a ticketing system no?

What about other bands? Radiohead? I know a lot of them cop-out and route you right to Ticketmaster, but not all of them.

I love the 10-Club and have been very fortunate with their ticketing policy, but it's clearly outdated. Why does the 10-Club give so many people the perception that they are just a poorly run operation. They are slow with news, info, mailings, ticketing system, etc. There really isn't anything they do well, we just all tolerate them because we're obsessed with the band. They should be better at some of this stuff by now. How many years of operation will it take for them to deliver mail timely? How many tours before they can have a smooth online ticketing operation?

It's embarrassing for them and frustrating for us. You gotta be really doped up on the Kool-Aid to continue to defend some of these business practices.

Exactly. If this was any other business people would have jumped ship years ago.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • pearljim10 wrote:
    wow it's like the op was watching me over my shoulder. i did the same exact thing. i'm still holding my breathe until i get the email confirmation.

Yeah that's me too. I did a screen shot of that order history real quick.
    Borgata II, Philly 05, ER 1 06, ER 2 06, Camden I 08, MSG I 08, MSG II 08, Mansfield II 08, EV 1 NYC, EV NJPAC

Hard To Imagine
  • BUSH-lager wrote:

the wh does a lottery. you put in your requests over a set time period. once that is over you get a confirmation saying confirmed or declined. than seating is done be seniority for the most part
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Radiohead doesn't announce their onsale times...if you really want to get fan club tickets, you need to stay up all night and refresh 1,000s of times. They handle the sales in the UK, so often times, they put them onsale at 10am GMT, which is 4am eastern time. Truly survival of the unsleepy!
  • BUSH-lager wrote:
    I had tickets in my cart for over an hour.

Just kept trying and trying and trying. Seriously tried to check out probably 30-40 times. After the first dozen times or so I pulled up my online banking page and was refreshing that as well to see if I were charged.

Finally, just a few minutes ago I was again timed out after getting to step 3 of checkout, however this time my available checking balance went down $173.00.

Checked my order history and there is my order.

So I'm happy obviously, but I totally feel for people who got locked out. This system is ridiculously flawed. This is like 1999 internet practices. I didn't even get a confirmation or anything. If I didn't check with my bank, I'd have assumed I just lost the tickets. And why was I able to have them in my cart for over an hour while trying to check out?

Again, I'm psyched it worked out for me, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole process needs a major overhaul.

Exact same thing happened to me. To a T.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    My question is why do they have a THREE SCREEN PROCESS for checking out? All the info can be entered on one page and submitted... makes no sense.