Options

Borgata

2»

Comments

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    touringfan wrote:
    2000 tour? Yes you need to say more, cause I think you got your years messed up. ;)
    Oh, yes I do. I was thinking of Saratoga. Now I feel stupid. :(
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 469
    Sadly I think those were the dates that George Carlin was going to be there

I was on the Borgata website about 2 weeks ago and Carlin had scheduled shows

Not to say PJ might not jump in there but I think thats why the dates are "open" right now
    correct

whoops...guess im wrong

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    According to the Borgata's web site, George Carlin was supposed to be there on July 26th. They still have his shows listed, though they mention being canceled now.

http://www.theborgata.com/Main.cfm?Category_1=5000&Category_2=5100&SectionID=&Page=2
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    Sadly I think those were the dates that George Carlin was going to be there

I was on the Borgata website about 2 weeks ago and Carlin had scheduled shows

Not to say PJ might not jump in there but I think thats why the dates are "open" right now

George Carlin was scheduled to perform July 26th, an 8pm at 11pm.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    I really hope Ed or all of Pearl Jam plays the Borgata soon, not between AUG 20th-27th as I will be taking the Wife to Maui. I missed the 2005 show ( I was actually in Atlantic City one of those nights, just without tickets at the Tropicana), I don't want to miss them again in Atlantic City.

I get comp rooms for Borgata, would love to make a weekend of it.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    yeah, the borgata would blow for this show...not to mention go against everything that is rock and/or roll....the tower would be perfect and i bet my life on it that it will be there...have seen neil young solo there many times and it is absolutely awesome
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    yeah, the borgata would blow for this show...not to mention go against everything that is rock and/or roll....the tower would be perfect and i bet my life on it that it will be there...have seen neil young solo there many times and it is absolutely awesome

I'm betting heavily on two Tower shows, but a Borgata one-off, especially in the smaller Music Box, wouldn't surprise me. AC is almost as close to NY as it is to Philly.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    though you might be onto something...the music box tix for this show would go for at a minimum of $300...that's why it would be the epitome of douche-baggery and I would want nothing to do with it...not to mention the counltless hours i would end up in the poker room possibly losing my entire savings if it's "one of those nights", ifff ya know what i mean
  • Options
    A friend of mine works the concerts and told us pearl jam were playing there, we assumed it was prob Ed. He isnt a fan so its possible someoene told him the singer from pj.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Nice on some shows - whether is be EV or PJ!

As long as it's within a few hours & I can get tickets, I am there!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    though you might be onto something...the music box tix for this show would go for at a minimum of $300...that's why it would be the epitome of douche-baggery and I would want nothing to do with it...not to mention the counltless hours i would end up in the poker room possibly losing my entire savings if it's "one of those nights", ifff ya know what i mean

I hear ya! I bet there'd be 10C tix, though, so we'd at least have a shot to get reasonably priced tickets. If not, screw it, I'd just shoot for the Tower. No way Borgata is the only "Philly" show...
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    haha, wait a minute, i didnt even realize i was in the borgata thread...haha.. i mustve hit next thread after reading the eddie solo thread....so wait, is this definite there are borgata shows? oh, and by the way, if there are 10 club tix to a borgata show the price would not be different, you'd just have the chance of getting them....i'd rather no borgata shows at all, and just tower shows and ny shows - where ever they may be
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It is much easier to ship one person, his guitar, a pair of white pants and a peace sign shirt and an old suitcase than it is to ship a whole band.
    :)

white pants :D
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    STT757 wrote:
    George Carlin was scheduled to perform July 26th, an 8pm at 11pm.

Oh Ok

I couldn't remember the exact dates

Maybe PJ is going to show up !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    my2hands wrote:
    white pants :D
    What? :p
    I love those white pants.
    If I had someone to wash and dry and hang up my clothes everyday, then I might consider wearing the same thing all of the time too.
    And no, those weren't the George Carlin dates.

Either way, I am very excited about his little tour.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    well i hope it doesn't start on 8/10 cuz im seeing peter frampton and jethro tull at mohegan sun
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011