Ticket Brokers

CH82258CH82258 Posts: 21
edited March 2010 in The Porch
How do these bastards do it? If you do a search for PJ tickets for KC, there are tons of tickets for sale (for alot of money). I would assume that this is the case for all cities. Since a majority of the tickets give a section/seat number, I assume that they are getting "backdoor" tickets from ticketmaster. Hopefully, they have not infiltrated the Ten Club to steal away tickets. Isn't there anything that can be done to insure that tickets are sold on a "first come, fist serve" ligitimate basis?? It seems that the true fans don't really have a chance of getting a good seat, unless that are willing to spend alot of money. Even at that, this shouldn't be done, as it only feeds the fire and is even ripping off the band. I know that us Ten Club memebers can beat this system somewhat, but what about non-member fans and other bands in general? I know that this is an age old discussion and that there is probably not an answer, but what are your thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I think these are seats held by season ticket holders at each particular venue.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786

Ding ding ding. And venues are plenty happy to have scalpers as season ticket holders.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489

Ding ding ding. And venues are plenty happy to have scalpers as season ticket holders.

So long as they get paid, why would they care who is sitting in the seat?

The only way you could stop people selling their tickets is to sell them at the door - no exit after entry. But even then you'd get doughebags who'd sell their spot in line.

The only people who can really stop scalpers and 'brokers' (I fail to see the distinction actually) are us, the fans. If we stopped buying from them, it would take no more than one or two major events to wipe out these clowns forever. They'd lose that much money they'd be burnt for life.

Unfortunately, we all want to go to the show so bad, we're happy to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get in. We may complain and bitch about it, but ultimately we must be happy because we do it.

I know on my trip to NYC, if I can't get a pair of tickets here or at TM, I'll probably be paying that much through stubhub or similar. Failing that I'd be looking for someone outside the venue to sell me a ticket. There's just no way I'm going to be in NYC at the same time as PJ and not go to MSG.

We drive the market and scalpers exist because of the demand. And unfortunately there will always be those of us with either, the means, the desperation or the lack of brains to purchase from a scalper/broker.

It sucks but it is capitalism - at its worst.