Anybody want some tips/help with LN or TM onsales?

preble69preble69 Posts: 135
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Well do you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VH123058VH123058 Posts: 151
    yes please
  • SCMike10SCMike10 Posts: 195
    Why, yes. Yes I do.
    Irvine Meadows - Sep 13, 1992
    Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003
    Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003
    Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004
    Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008
    Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008
    ALL FOUR 09 PHILLY SHOWS!!
  • yes please

its always a game it seems to me. better seats become available at random long after sale starts and show begins.
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • if it helps get better tickets then...FUCK YEAH!!!! :mrgreen:
  • preble69preble69 Posts: 135
    Go to time.gov

If tickets go on sale at 10AM, Ticketmaster does not actually have them available until some time between 10AM and 5 seconds and 10AM and 8 seconds, according to the time shown at time.gov. So, basically, you want to refresh the ticket order page sometime between 10:00:05-10:00:08. I did this with Hampton and it really was smooth as butter...no slow page loads, went right through the process and easily got tickets.

I just did the Fleetwood Mac concert which went on sale using the HYPERLINK "http://time.gov" \t "_blank" time.gov method and I started with the Live Nation site (would have gotten pretty sweet seats too). It's exactly the same. Go to the event page and refresh about 5 seconds after tickets are supposed to go on sale. "Buy tickets" will show up where it used to say the time tickets were supposed to go on sale. Then, it will kick you over to Ticketmaster, and the steps are the same from there.

Don’t over think it. All you’re doing is manually adjusting the time on your computer to match time.gov. It takes a few tries to get them within a half-second.

On a dry run someone synched up their pc clock with time.gov, tickets for most events seemed to come up at 10 sec after the hour, just like Ticketmaster.

Get a Live Nation Account

Then, enter in your CC info by going to purchase another show already on sale, go up to the point where you have entered your CC and are ready to confirm - then cancel the order, log out, or just close the window. The next time you try to buy tickets, your info will be in there already.

Then if you try and buy tickets for something already on sale today, you will see that your CC info is in there, you will just have to put in your 3-digit verification code from the back of your card.

Someone figured out the whole “storing CC info' trick” and placed a bogus order for 2 tickets for The Pretenders, got all the way up to just before the confirmation and closed the browser.
Now when you go and try to order tickets, simply enter your username and password and the next screen should be prompting for your CID number on the back of your credit card that it has stored (along with billing address)

HIGHLY recommend doing this or that’s about 2-3 minutes you'll spend on order day!!!

* This may be key for possibly getting multiple shows

*Not all events listed on live nation are sold thru their system, Oftentimes it will forward to TM or other regional ticket outlets. It appears that only venues that have the “A LIVE NATION VENUE” over their name on their venue page are actually sold thru the Live Nation system. I tried this today, after getting the redirect on an earlier on sale. All the ones I predicted would be sold thru Live Nation were. This means Jones Beach, Camden, Starlake, Alpine, Deer Creek, Great Woods are all Live Nation venues. Asheville is NOT and will probably redirect to TM
-Just like TM, it is helpful to be logged into your acct with cc info saved. Note that there are two different accounts there, “live nation”, and “live nation ticketing”. The “live nation ticketing” is the one that saves your billing, shipping, or cc info. It’s similar to TM, where all your info is on file, and you just need to add the 3-digit security code at checkout.

**Live Nation seems to process order a number of different ways, meaning you should be prepared for whichever way pops up for your show.

It has been noted that some shows will link through HYPERLINK "http://Ticketmaster.com" \t "_blank" Ticketmaster.com, so that is one possible route to be prepared for on Friday & Saturday.

Live Nation also links through to an internal processing page like the one linked here for the Disco Biscuits show at the HYPERLINK "http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/401913/" \t "_blank" AtlantaTabernacle. So be prepared for this screen to pop up once you click "buy tickets."

Live Nation also links through some shows this way, as it does for the Disco Biscuits show at the [a href=" HYPERLINK "http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/402335/]HOBinHouston[" \t "_blank" http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/402335/]HOBinHouston[ /a]

So, it looks like we should be prepared for whatever of these three options we are given, depending on which show we're trying for.

****For events going on sale at the same time, you can have a tab open for each event, select them individually, you have 10 mins, so it’s easy to get multiple events in your cart. If I was looking at multiple venues on fri/sat (fortunately im not in that position), I would skip to requesting tix for event 2 right after the captcha on event 1 is clear and its “searching for tickets.”

****Check your confirmation for registration email. Apparently “Live Nation Ticket Club” is the correct place you want to register to purchase tickets. Not “Live Nation Ticketing.”

Hope this helps cover another potential issue.

Here are my registration confirm emails:

customercare@livenationtix.com to me 
show details 10:03 AM (3 hours ago) Reply

Dear Customer:

Thank you for creating a customer account at Live Nation Ticketing.

Your user name is: xxxxxx
Your password is: xxxxxx

When you place an order you will receive a separate order confirmation email.

You can review your purchase history and reprint Print at Home tickets by logging into your Live Nation Ticketing account through My Tickets. Please note that your Live Nation Ticketing account is separate from your My Live Nation account, or other Live Nation partner accounts. You can access your Live Nation Ticketing account here:

ticketsupport@livenation.com to me 
show details 12:59 PM (18 minutes ago) Reply

Congratulations and Welcome to the Live Nation Ticket Club.

Your email address has been verified as valid.

To continue purchasing tickets, please click the link below:

***I've noticed something different about the two kinds of tickets being offered on Live Nation. Try purchasing a Motley Crue ticket right now, it will send you through Live Nation Ticketing, whereas purchasing an Infected Mushroom ticket will send you through the five step process. These are definitely different procedures with way different captchas and checking out procedures. Be aware of having to enter your CC info in come game day.

Captcha Information (the stupid annoying fucking words you have to type from the boxes)

Captchas are similar to TM, the “only type 1 word” trick works just about as well (not always, depends on relative length of words it seems)

Only enter one word on the captcha screen, just enter the longer of the two words you do not need to enter any special characters or numbers. This will work 99.9% of the time that's pretty god damn good odds. If you get a very illegible word, where the letters are more distorted than usual, or include symbols- these words are also typically not necessary. They are put in there solely to confuse bots I suppose. So try and use your better judgment. If you get two words of similar length and legibility, I would just enter both to avoid a misfire. But typically one will be the obvious "money" word.

**2 words each UNDER 4 letters = need to enter both to be on the safe side.

Examples straight from someone doing a dry run on Phantasy Phish:

“Some captchas I’ve gotten, and which word I picked, which one worked (in bold) and my reasoning”:
    were/wore (hard to read), drinks - success 
batch, bor (fragment) - success
McCanrey (hard to read), Attila - success
shoes, 305 (numbers) - success
Queen? (included question mark), Leconte - success
plummer, encroach - success (in this case neither word stood out as the right one, but I guessed plummer and got lucky. I wouldnt have done this on game day)
boyship, cullen (hard to read) - success
riter, bust- (included hyphen) - success (sidenote: "Riter" was a bit harder to read than most correct words but I automatically disqualified "bust-" based on the symbol. This seems to be a dead giveaway)
Japan, Twenty-seventh (included hyphen, and very long) - success
run. (included period, too short), Europe - success
issues, eighty - failure: another case of both words seemingly equal. Again, I would have typed both if I was really trying, but the tail of the "U" in issues was distorted heavily, whereas "eighty" looked relatively normal.

So overall, I was 9/10, pretty good I think. In 8 of these instances one word was the obvious answer.

**To you guys talking about 1 and 2 word captchas, you are going off a Ticketmaster redirect. Try buying disco biscuits HOB tickets and you will see the Live Nation captcha. It's 6 numbers/letters on a grid with a space in the middle. DO NOT ENTER THE SPACE. You only have room in the captcha to put 6 characters in. None of them are spaces and they aren't words, just random numbers and letters.

UPDATE - There seem to be two kinds of Live Nation captchas; the one that I mentioned and the one in the link above. It'll be interesting to see which ones the Phish tickets are, but I don't think we'll know until Friday. 

Information If You Are Trying For Tickets By Phone:

Here’s a tip for you all on how I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday for Hampton. I tried calling the TM numbers about a half hour before on sale. There was a yellow page list of numbers of which most were busy but I was eventually able to find one that was not. So after calling, I just kept cycling the machine to keep giving me information on Phish in Hampton, and then by practicing the timing the night before I had it send me to buy tickets right after 10 rolled around on time.gov. This got me 2 to Saturday, and I simultaneously got 2 for Sunday through online.
    You can cycle indefinitely through the prompts if you choose the right ones. There are certain prompts that if you chose would put you on hold for an agent. Trick is to avoid those, so you never have to deal with being on hold waiting for an agent, and are speaking to the machine by the time the on sale time arrives!

5. Quick Summary of Key Points:

1. Not ALL shows will be on Live Nation
2. Make sure you GET A LIVE NATION ACCOUNT!
3. Enter your CC info by going to buy tickets already on sale, then canceling before the last confirmation
4. Multiple browsers open on Live Nation seems to work fine
5. USE TIME.GOV between 10:00:05 - 10:00:08
6. Recaptcha (the word you type in) is the same, usually only one word needed
    7.They don’t seem to lock you out for refreshing too fast - don’t be afraid to refresh.
    8.Multiple orders don’t seem to be a problem, “The LN lady is full of shit. I pulled up HYPERLINK "http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/shows.cgi?dateID=09-2-27" 2/27/09 in one tab and HYPERLINK "http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/shows.cgi?dateID=09-2-28" 2/28/09 in the other. I did the first captcha, then the second very quickly. I finished the order in the second window and both shows popped up and I was able to check out no problem.” The only problem with the whole cart thing is that this whole thing is about speed. Basically you have to have your order in fast enough that it is complete by the time the system gets really bogged down. If you keep adding shows to your cart, by the time you go to check out, the system will be so crazy that it may freeze or knock you out when you go to check out. You may only want to do one show at a time to be on the safe side.
    9. With respect to the “best section available” controversy hopefully this is what pans out on game day: “It would be money if there is a best available day of...possibly after tickets go on sale you will be able to select where you want to sit just think it through...even TM and LN

GOOD LUCK

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    good info
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    interesting...
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    good shit
    preble69 wrote:
    Go to time.gov

If tickets go on sale at 10AM, Ticketmaster does not actually have them available until some time between 10AM and 5 seconds and 10AM and 8 seconds, according to the time shown at time.gov. So, basically, you want to refresh the ticket order page sometime between 10:00:05-10:00:08. I did this with Hampton and it really was smooth as butter...no slow page loads, went right through the process and easily got tickets.

I just did the Fleetwood Mac concert which went on sale using the HYPERLINK "http://time.gov" \t "_blank" time.gov method and I started with the Live Nation site (would have gotten pretty sweet seats too). It's exactly the same. Go to the event page and refresh about 5 seconds after tickets are supposed to go on sale. "Buy tickets" will show up where it used to say the time tickets were supposed to go on sale. Then, it will kick you over to Ticketmaster, and the steps are the same from there.

Don’t over think it. All you’re doing is manually adjusting the time on your computer to match time.gov. It takes a few tries to get them within a half-second.

On a dry run someone synched up their pc clock with time.gov, tickets for most events seemed to come up at 10 sec after the hour, just like Ticketmaster.

Get a Live Nation Account

Then, enter in your CC info by going to purchase another show already on sale, go up to the point where you have entered your CC and are ready to confirm - then cancel the order, log out, or just close the window. The next time you try to buy tickets, your info will be in there already.

Then if you try and buy tickets for something already on sale today, you will see that your CC info is in there, you will just have to put in your 3-digit verification code from the back of your card.

Someone figured out the whole “storing CC info' trick” and placed a bogus order for 2 tickets for The Pretenders, got all the way up to just before the confirmation and closed the browser.
Now when you go and try to order tickets, simply enter your username and password and the next screen should be prompting for your CID number on the back of your credit card that it has stored (along with billing address)

HIGHLY recommend doing this or that’s about 2-3 minutes you'll spend on order day!!!

* This may be key for possibly getting multiple shows

*Not all events listed on live nation are sold thru their system, Oftentimes it will forward to TM or other regional ticket outlets. It appears that only venues that have the “A LIVE NATION VENUE” over their name on their venue page are actually sold thru the Live Nation system. I tried this today, after getting the redirect on an earlier on sale. All the ones I predicted would be sold thru Live Nation were. This means Jones Beach, Camden, Starlake, Alpine, Deer Creek, Great Woods are all Live Nation venues. Asheville is NOT and will probably redirect to TM
-Just like TM, it is helpful to be logged into your acct with cc info saved. Note that there are two different accounts there, “live nation”, and “live nation ticketing”. The “live nation ticketing” is the one that saves your billing, shipping, or cc info. It’s similar to TM, where all your info is on file, and you just need to add the 3-digit security code at checkout.

**Live Nation seems to process order a number of different ways, meaning you should be prepared for whichever way pops up for your show.

It has been noted that some shows will link through HYPERLINK "http://Ticketmaster.com" \t "_blank" Ticketmaster.com, so that is one possible route to be prepared for on Friday & Saturday.

Live Nation also links through to an internal processing page like the one linked here for the Disco Biscuits show at the HYPERLINK "http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/401913/" \t "_blank" AtlantaTabernacle. So be prepared for this screen to pop up once you click "buy tickets."

Live Nation also links through some shows this way, as it does for the Disco Biscuits show at the [a href=" HYPERLINK "http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/402335/]HOBinHouston[" \t "_blank" http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/402335/]HOBinHouston[ /a]

So, it looks like we should be prepared for whatever of these three options we are given, depending on which show we're trying for.

****For events going on sale at the same time, you can have a tab open for each event, select them individually, you have 10 mins, so it’s easy to get multiple events in your cart. If I was looking at multiple venues on fri/sat (fortunately im not in that position), I would skip to requesting tix for event 2 right after the captcha on event 1 is clear and its “searching for tickets.”

****Check your confirmation for registration email. Apparently “Live Nation Ticket Club” is the correct place you want to register to purchase tickets. Not “Live Nation Ticketing.”

Hope this helps cover another potential issue.

Here are my registration confirm emails:

customercare@livenationtix.com to me 
show details 10:03 AM (3 hours ago) Reply

Dear Customer:

Thank you for creating a customer account at Live Nation Ticketing.

Your user name is: xxxxxx
Your password is: xxxxxx

When you place an order you will receive a separate order confirmation email.

You can review your purchase history and reprint Print at Home tickets by logging into your Live Nation Ticketing account through My Tickets. Please note that your Live Nation Ticketing account is separate from your My Live Nation account, or other Live Nation partner accounts. You can access your Live Nation Ticketing account here:

ticketsupport@livenation.com to me 
show details 12:59 PM (18 minutes ago) Reply

Congratulations and Welcome to the Live Nation Ticket Club.

Your email address has been verified as valid.

To continue purchasing tickets, please click the link below:

***I've noticed something different about the two kinds of tickets being offered on Live Nation. Try purchasing a Motley Crue ticket right now, it will send you through Live Nation Ticketing, whereas purchasing an Infected Mushroom ticket will send you through the five step process. These are definitely different procedures with way different captchas and checking out procedures. Be aware of having to enter your CC info in come game day.

Captcha Information (the stupid annoying fucking words you have to type from the boxes)

Captchas are similar to TM, the “only type 1 word” trick works just about as well (not always, depends on relative length of words it seems)

Only enter one word on the captcha screen, just enter the longer of the two words you do not need to enter any special characters or numbers. This will work 99.9% of the time that's pretty god damn good odds. If you get a very illegible word, where the letters are more distorted than usual, or include symbols- these words are also typically not necessary. They are put in there solely to confuse bots I suppose. So try and use your better judgment. If you get two words of similar length and legibility, I would just enter both to avoid a misfire. But typically one will be the obvious "money" word.

**2 words each UNDER 4 letters = need to enter both to be on the safe side.

Examples straight from someone doing a dry run on Phantasy Phish:

“Some captchas I’ve gotten, and which word I picked, which one worked (in bold) and my reasoning”:
    were/wore (hard to read), drinks - success 
batch, bor (fragment) - success
McCanrey (hard to read), Attila - success
shoes, 305 (numbers) - success
Queen? (included question mark), Leconte - success
plummer, encroach - success (in this case neither word stood out as the right one, but I guessed plummer and got lucky. I wouldnt have done this on game day)
boyship, cullen (hard to read) - success
riter, bust- (included hyphen) - success (sidenote: "Riter" was a bit harder to read than most correct words but I automatically disqualified "bust-" based on the symbol. This seems to be a dead giveaway)
Japan, Twenty-seventh (included hyphen, and very long) - success
run. (included period, too short), Europe - success
issues, eighty - failure: another case of both words seemingly equal. Again, I would have typed both if I was really trying, but the tail of the "U" in issues was distorted heavily, whereas "eighty" looked relatively normal.

So overall, I was 9/10, pretty good I think. In 8 of these instances one word was the obvious answer.

**To you guys talking about 1 and 2 word captchas, you are going off a Ticketmaster redirect. Try buying disco biscuits HOB tickets and you will see the Live Nation captcha. It's 6 numbers/letters on a grid with a space in the middle. DO NOT ENTER THE SPACE. You only have room in the captcha to put 6 characters in. None of them are spaces and they aren't words, just random numbers and letters.

UPDATE - There seem to be two kinds of Live Nation captchas; the one that I mentioned and the one in the link above. It'll be interesting to see which ones the Phish tickets are, but I don't think we'll know until Friday. 

Information If You Are Trying For Tickets By Phone:

Here’s a tip for you all on how I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday for Hampton. I tried calling the TM numbers about a half hour before on sale. There was a yellow page list of numbers of which most were busy but I was eventually able to find one that was not. So after calling, I just kept cycling the machine to keep giving me information on Phish in Hampton, and then by practicing the timing the night before I had it send me to buy tickets right after 10 rolled around on time.gov. This got me 2 to Saturday, and I simultaneously got 2 for Sunday through online.
    You can cycle indefinitely through the prompts if you choose the right ones. There are certain prompts that if you chose would put you on hold for an agent. Trick is to avoid those, so you never have to deal with being on hold waiting for an agent, and are speaking to the machine by the time the on sale time arrives!

5. Quick Summary of Key Points:

1. Not ALL shows will be on Live Nation
2. Make sure you GET A LIVE NATION ACCOUNT!
3. Enter your CC info by going to buy tickets already on sale, then canceling before the last confirmation
4. Multiple browsers open on Live Nation seems to work fine
5. USE TIME.GOV between 10:00:05 - 10:00:08
6. Recaptcha (the word you type in) is the same, usually only one word needed
    7.They don’t seem to lock you out for refreshing too fast - don’t be afraid to refresh.
    8.Multiple orders don’t seem to be a problem, “The LN lady is full of shit. I pulled up HYPERLINK "http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/shows.cgi?dateID=09-2-27" 2/27/09 in one tab and HYPERLINK "http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/shows.cgi?dateID=09-2-28" 2/28/09 in the other. I did the first captcha, then the second very quickly. I finished the order in the second window and both shows popped up and I was able to check out no problem.” The only problem with the whole cart thing is that this whole thing is about speed. Basically you have to have your order in fast enough that it is complete by the time the system gets really bogged down. If you keep adding shows to your cart, by the time you go to check out, the system will be so crazy that it may freeze or knock you out when you go to check out. You may only want to do one show at a time to be on the safe side.
    9. With respect to the “best section available” controversy hopefully this is what pans out on game day: “It would be money if there is a best available day of...possibly after tickets go on sale you will be able to select where you want to sit just think it through...even TM and LN

GOOD LUCK

Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • preble69preble69 Posts: 135
    thanks guys just trying to help
  • Tickets for MSG Saturday, Does it start of this page
    http://www.thegarden.com/tickets/index.html#leftcolumn

I didnt see any info at all on ticketmaster directly for the show only through the link.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Tickets for MSG Saturday, Does it start of this page
    http://www.thegarden.com/tickets/index.html#leftcolumn

I didnt see any info at all on ticketmaster directly for the show only through the link.

TM will have them posted at their site well before Saturday.