Posters for new tour?

eddievedderspantseddievedderspants Posts: 121
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Any word on posters for the new tour?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• All Tom Tomorrow.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Please god, no. I know I'll get bashed for this but those Philly posters are FUGLY!!! And I don't care for the backspacer artwork either.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Lots of people don't. TT is a political cartoonist and satirist who's style may not be accessible to rock poster fans, or maybe doesn't translate well into one-panel images... It's hard to explain.
    The best way to look at it is like having INSERT A SEMI-POPULAR AUTHOR'S NAME THAT ONLY YOU KNOW ABOUT HERE write a Pearl Jam song. The author doesn't normally write rock songs, but they're great at what they normally work at, so the outcome may not be what anyone is used to. I'm sure I'm not making sense. Think of TT's experience with pearl Jam as an experiment in multi-media crossovers. No one was really sure what was going to happen. If you shift the way you see it, you might end up at least appreciating the attempt or intent.

http://www.thismodernworld.com/arc/2009/TMW2009-09-09colorlowrespy.jpg

Not that I disagree with you. It might be time to end the experiment and find some new blood.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I think I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. I think Eddie just wanted to give him a job, imho.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • All Tom Tomorrow.

don't even joke about that!
  • ponner1us wrote:
    I think I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. I think Eddie just wanted to give him a job, imho.

Good point. There's that, too!
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    his chitown poster was gross, but i think he did a nice job with philly and he did a phenomenal job with the backspacer artwork.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    ponner1us wrote:
    those Philly posters are FUGLY!!!
    I agree 100%
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia