Kansas City Pre-Pre Party!!!

KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I am heading to Kansas City 2nd of May..A day before the concert date..Does any fans want to meet up Sunday at a bar in downtown Kansas City?...For a pre-pre party....If anyone is interested?...Just get with me and we discuss a place to meet..

Jeremy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Count my wife and I in.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    jambayleaf wrote:
    Count my wife and I in.

Hi Jambayleaf,

We can work on a bar to meet at in K.C...Maybe, one with a good jukebox and rock some pj...Hopefully, we can get a lot of fans to show up..

Jeremy
  • i'm sure the official Pre-Party fundraiser will be announced very soon -
    i'm sure the official Pre-Party fundraiser will be announced very soon -

Hi,

Did you read my post?...I mean meeting up Sunday night...Not Monday....For the fans who will be in Kansas City Sunday...Just something to do fo the fans who are in a day before the show...I will be at the official pre party...I usually never miss them before pearl jam concerts...

{Kansas City Pre-Pre Party}.. This won't be a fundraiser or charity party...Just fans meeting up to have a good time etc..

Jeremy
  • i'm sure the official Pre-Party fundraiser will be announced very soon -

Hi,

Did you read my post?...I mean meeting up Sunday night...Not Monday....For the fans who will be in Kansas City Sunday...Just something to do fo the fans who are in a day before the show...I will be at the official pre party...I usually never miss them before pearl jam concerts...

{Kansas City Pre-Pre Party}.. This won't be a fundraiser or charity party...Just fans meeting up to have a good time etc..

Jeremy
    clearly i didnt read it very closely :oops: my bad......
    i'm sure the official Pre-Party fundraiser will be announced very soon -

Hi,

Jeremy
    clearly i didnt read it very closely :oops: my bad......

No Biggie...

Jeremy
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Yes, I'm talking Sunday as well!
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Hubby and I are flying in from Atlanta Sunday would love to party that evening just name it
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    I will be in KC all weekend working the races, but sunday we should be done pretty early. Staying at the Embassy Suites at the airport if anyone else is staying there too. Gotta love a free bar for 2 hrs a night
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • JameydogJameydog Posts: 68
    When you guys get to Kansas City and are looking for a bar, the best place is right arcoss the street from the venue. Its called the Power and Light District and I think you guys will be quite impressed. Its a variety of different bars located around a big court and is right across the street from the sprint center. Thats where i will be before and after the show. Hope this helps.
  • Jameydog is right. The P&L District is a great area for the pre-pre party! (If you want some local flavor, however, head to Jack Stack or Oklahoma Joe's for BBQ). My husband and I live in the KC area, but count us in! We'll drive downtown for the pre-pre party!
    Austin 9/16/95, Kansas City 7/3/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, Kansas City 10/12/00, Kansas City 6/12/03, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, MSG 7/8/03, St. Louis 10/5/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, NJ 6/1/06, NJ 6/1/06, The Gorge 7/22/06, The Gorge 7/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, Bonnaroo 6/14/08, ACL 10/4/09, Kansas City 5/3/10, MSG 5/20/10, MSG 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, PJ20 9/4/11, Chicago 7/19/13, Dallas 11/15/13, OKC 11/16/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, MSG 5/1/16, MSG 5/2/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, St. Louis 9/18/22, OKC 9/20/22, Chicago 9/5/23, Chicago 9/7/23 
  • hey guys...so this is my first time grabbing 10c tickets, i was a past member and lost my membership after it expired while i was doing a few army things. anyway, i'm also new to the KS/MO area and was wondering if any of you could tell me a little about the venue as far as how safe the area is, if there are parking issues, etc. i'm making the trip solo since my husband has training to do during may, and don't want to get myself into any messes and miss the show!

also...i was thinking about possibly going to the pre-party on the day of (assuming there will be one), never done that before either haha, i am kind of shy, but would love to meet some fellow fans and make some buddies for the show so i won't feel so lonely :-/
    something to look forward too :)
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I hope duh location has good rib-eye ;)
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    hey guys...so this is my first time grabbing 10c tickets, i was a past member and lost my membership after it expired while i was doing a few army things. anyway, i'm also new to the KS/MO area and was wondering if any of you could tell me a little about the venue as far as how safe the area is, if there are parking issues, etc. i'm making the trip solo since my husband has training to do during may, and don't want to get myself into any messes and miss the show!

also...i was thinking about possibly going to the pre-party on the day of (assuming there will be one), never done that before either haha, i am kind of shy, but would love to meet some fellow fans and make some buddies for the show so i won't feel so lonely :-/

Downtown KCMO is tricky. There are a bunch of one-way streets that can mess you up and take you to a part of town you don't want to be in. Parking is also an issue. There are parking garages but they fill up quick and you're left to find street parking or side-lot parking which can put you pretty far away from the venue. The Power and Light District is a safe and secure area and the closer you park the better. I love my town KC but it is rough around the edges if you know what I mean. I think the earlier you get there, the better.
    Hi Jameydog,

What's up?...I am doing good...I live in St.Louis...Not so famaliar with the KC downtown areas...I knwo you recommended some bars across from the Sprtint Center...So, which bar would recommend for me to have this pre pre party at?...I would like to find one that has a jukebox..So, we can feed the jukebox to play some pearl jam tracks...Also, would be nice if the bar has a nice variety on their menu....I probably will be at the bar majority of the night....

What would be a good time to meet at the bar?....Just going to sort of take a poll from the fans who are interested in going to this pre pre party....I probably will be arriving in KC at around 1pm Sunday...

Jeremy
  • Hi Jameydog,

What's up?...I am doing good...I live in St.Louis...Not so famaliar with the KC downtown areas...I knwo you recommended some bars across from the Sprtint Center...So, which bar would recommend for me to have this pre pre party at?...I would like to find one that has a jukebox..So, we can feed the jukebox to play some pearl jam tracks...Also, would be nice if the bar has a nice variety on their menu....I probably will be at the bar majority of the night....

What would be a good time to meet at the bar?....Just going to sort of take a poll from the fans who are interested in going to this pre pre party....I probably will be arriving in KC at around 1pm Sunday...

Jeremy

Visit the web site for the P&L to see all of the bars/restaurants in the area:
    http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/

As for parking, I was just there for the BIg 12 Basketball Tournament and never had a problem finding parking within a few blocks of The Sprint Center.

We KC folks are happy to help those of you coming in from out of town...
    Austin 9/16/95, Kansas City 7/3/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, Kansas City 10/12/00, Kansas City 6/12/03, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, MSG 7/8/03, St. Louis 10/5/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, NJ 6/1/06, NJ 6/1/06, The Gorge 7/22/06, The Gorge 7/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, Bonnaroo 6/14/08, ACL 10/4/09, Kansas City 5/3/10, MSG 5/20/10, MSG 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, PJ20 9/4/11, Chicago 7/19/13, Dallas 11/15/13, OKC 11/16/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, MSG 5/1/16, MSG 5/2/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, St. Louis 9/18/22, OKC 9/20/22, Chicago 9/5/23, Chicago 9/7/23 
    Hi Jameydog,

Jeremy

As for parking, I was just there for the BIg 12 Basketball Tournament and never had a problem finding parking within a few blocks of The Sprint Center.

thank you! bookmarked and very much looking forward to experiencing KC have wanted to for a long time :)
    Hi Jameydog,

Jeremy

I took a look at the list of bars in the power and light district....Johnny's Taverns looks like a pretty good place to hold the pre pre pary..Has anyone been to Johnny's Taver..Anyone have any other suggestions on a bar in the power and light district?..

Jeremy
    Hi Jameydog,

Jeremy

I took a look at the list of bars in the power and light district....Johnny's Taverns looks like a pretty good place to hold the pre pre pary..Has anyone been to Johnny's Tavern..Anyone have any other suggestions on a bar in the power and light district?..

Jeremy
    I really dont know which bar would have a jukebox or not but Johny's Tavern is a good bar. They are all good bars. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there. I was definitely going to Power and Light before and after the concert, but if Pearl Jam fans are meeting up then I am there. Lets get an official pre-concert meet up place.
    Looks like Johnny's Tavern will be where the KC Pre-Pre Party will be held...I will be arriving in KC at around 1pm Sunday...I am staying at the Westin Crown Center in downtown KC...I will be probably heading over to Johnny's tavern at around 5pm...If your planning on going to the party?...Just come on over whenever you can...I probably will be there most of the night....Looking forward to meeting pearl jam fans at the Party...

Jeremy
  • I think our group from Wisconsin will be coming down Sunday Afternoon. We have about 8-10 of us and we will be ready to party by the evening hours. It would be nice to meet some other PJ fans the night before the concert, so we should be in on this little get together.

Let me know exactly where you're thinking on getting together and we will be there!!!
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009 / Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009 / Sprint Center - May 03, 2010
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010 / Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    DJ273378 wrote:
    I think our group from Wisconsin will be coming down Sunday Afternoon. We have about 8-10 of us and we will be ready to party by the evening hours. It would be nice to meet some other PJ fans the night before the concert, so we should be in on this little get together.

Let me know exactly where you're thinking on getting together and we will be there!!!

The Pre Pre Party will be at Johnny's Tavern in the Power and Light District in Downtown KC..I should be at Johnny's Tavern at around 5pm..Hope to all you Wisconsin Pearl Jam fans there...

Jeremy
  • There is a Pre-Party currently being organized. All is TBD There has been a Facebook Events page created for this. Here's the link Hey gang! There is going to be preparty in KC. All is TBD. There is a Facebook Events page for the event. Here's the link! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 9796486812 Hope to see you all there!

More coming soon..............................
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down