PEARL JAM FOR SCOTLAND JUNE 17TH/18TH?

mawfordinksmawfordinks Posts: 65
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Pearl Jam have seemingly not ruled out playing a show in Scotland. Their original plan for T in the Park fell through and that would have seen them finish their European tour there. But latest info is pointing to starting the Euro tour in Scotland. Possibly at the SECC, although the promoters are hoping for an outdoor show. If this does happen PJ will perform either the 17th or 18th June. Announcement should be made soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    u can ask 10c to answer to that..noone else can
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • if true, a scotland date at this time would be perfect for me!
  • Pearl Jam have seemingly not ruled out playing a show in Scotland. Their original plan for T in the Park fell through and that would have seen them finish their European tour there. But latest info is pointing to starting the Euro tour in Scotland. Possibly at the SECC, although the promoters are hoping for an outdoor show. If this does happen PJ will perform either the 17th or 18th June. Announcement should be made soon.

Stone said in an interview with Gaffa.dk in january that they will play Denmark and Scotland but he didnt said when.

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/36517
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I would love this to be true my friend but I asked 10c recently about additional dates to the tour following the announcement of the Venice show hoping that Scotland, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe might get some shows and the response was:

Unfortunately this is the last show to be added. Enjoy the shows. Thanks 10c

Obviously if there was something in the works regarding other dates they wouldn't want to give out information in case it fell through so the response is what you'd expect but at the same time it does say no more shows. If this does happen though I'm going to hug everyone!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    I would love this to be true my friend but I asked 10c recently about additional dates to the tour following the announcement of the Venice show hoping that Scotland, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe might get some shows and the response was:

Unfortunately this is the last show to be added. Enjoy the shows. Thanks 10c

Obviously if there was something in the works regarding other dates they wouldn't want to give out information in case it fell through so the response is what you'd expect but at the same time it does say no more shows. If this does happen though I'm going to hug everyone!! :D
    i just post this from Euro thread ;)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Pearl Jam have seemingly not ruled out playing a show in Scotland. Their original plan for T in the Park fell through and that would have seen them finish their European tour there. But latest info is pointing to starting the Euro tour in Scotland. Possibly at the SECC, although the promoters are hoping for an outdoor show. If this does happen PJ will perform either the 17th or 18th June. Announcement should be made soon.

I hope your right!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i very much doubt it :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

:(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    dunkman wrote:

:(

:cry:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :cry: I've got a ticket for T, hoping they'd do it (bought it early bird straight from coming back from last year's).. which I now need to get rid off since I'm not missing a PJ show in Portugal..
    17-18 seems strange though, as it'd leave 3-4 days off. you'd said 19-20 I'd find it more believable.
  • Pearl Jam have seemingly not ruled out playing a show in Scotland. Their original plan for T in the Park fell through and that would have seen them finish their European tour there. But latest info is pointing to starting the Euro tour in Scotland. Possibly at the SECC, although the promoters are hoping for an outdoor show. If this does happen PJ will perform either the 17th or 18th June. Announcement should be made soon.

Is there a source for this quote? It looks straight from a music site. Any validity?
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
    I got an email from ten c saying there will not be a Scotland show!

awel guys.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates

awel guys.
    did u ask about Greek one? :mrgreen:

awel guys.
    did u ask about Greek one? :mrgreen:

I will annoy them again and ask then about a Greek show! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates