Borders defends the sale of 'control-a-woman' novelty remote

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nation ... 5841492083

If only there were remote controls for nickelback and ACDC.

Stop playing
Mute your music is painful
Volume down (no volume up button)
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Without reading the article, I wanna get myself one of these bad boys.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    How dare you badmouth AC/DC!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    How dare you badmouth AC/DC!

Oh you haven't seen my thread haha :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Yeah I've seen those in surf shops...but borders????

Seriously even as a woman, there are women I would love to have such a contraption to use upon! Starting off with;;;;;
    Britney Spears
    Lady GAGA
    anyone who has been on home and away and tries thier hand at a singing career
    Lara Bingle
    Most of the breakfast tv presenters

...feel free to add!

Do agree there should be one for picklehead nickleback, but I think you better step away now with acca dacca comments....thems fighting words dude!! :lol::lol:
    Lara Bingle yes
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lara Bingle yes

OMG!!! how doomed was this relationship if this nudie shot hoohah resulted in a break. ridiculous.

i suggest women lighten up. had to admit i laughed when i heard about his remote. as if men could control women. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Well at least they were also selling a 'control-a-man' remote.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    they were selling these at urban outfitters for years with no complaint...most hilarious question asked by a customer about the control a man remote..."does it really work?" and she wasn't kidding!
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Uh.... no. It's bad enough that women are unfairly stereotyped without marketing a device that plays to some of the worst of those.

Kinda like that Hillary Clinton nutcracker (where you used the legs to break nuts) - there's just something insidiously ugly about it.

Really bad move on Borders, IMO.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Starfall wrote:
    Uh.... no. It's bad enough that women are unfairly stereotyped without marketing a device that plays to some of the worst of those.

Kinda like that Hillary Clinton nutcracker (where you used the legs to break nuts) - there's just something insidiously ugly about it.

Really bad move on Borders, IMO.

borders sell all kinds of novelty stuff. and its all so stupid that alls i can do is laugh. i cant raise enough indignation about this to even float a feather. should i be offended???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Lara Bingle yes

OMG!!! how doomed was this relationship if this nudie shot hoohah resulted in a break. ridiculous.

i suggest women lighten up. had to admit i laughed when i heard about his remote. as if men could control women. :lol:

They are both tools.
    I back Simon Katich, he should've punched some sense into pup but the boys separated them.
    Lara is the worst of the worst.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    A MELBOURNE bookstore chain has defended the sale of a remote control for women, saying the male remote control has already sold out.

exactly.
    i've seen both. while i wouldn't buy one, i laughed and moved on. people need to stop taking EVERYthing so seriously.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    A MELBOURNE bookstore chain has defended the sale of a remote control for women, saying the male remote control has already sold out.

exactly.
    i've seen both. while i wouldn't buy one, i laughed and moved on. people need to stop taking EVERYthing so seriously.

Oh that's classic! I know quite a few fellas who are controlled quite well, but not by a remote. More like whipped..p u s s y whipped!! :lol::lol: