Eddie w/ Iggy for R&R HOF Induction...

RVM1245RVM1245 Posts: 32
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Genesis has the invisible touch. Not so much Iggy Pop and the Stooges.

After being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the Waldorf Astoria in New York tonight, Iggy stayed true to form, ripping off his shirt and tearing into "Search and Destroy," his 62-year-old abs rippling as always.

"Let's f--k it up!" the Michigan-born, seemingly moon-bred rocker shouted as he took the stage after Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong did the induction honors.

"Come on, you're not too rich to be cool!" Pop urged the largely staid, tuxedo-clad crowd, eventually getting Armstrong and Eddie Vedder to join him onstage for "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

Phish performed Genesis' "Watcher of the Skies" and "No Reply at All," then Trey Anastasio introduced the British prog-rockers turned chart-friendly popsters. Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Michael Rutherford were in attendance.

As for their onetime frontman's absence, Rutherford said that Peter Gabriel was sorry to miss the big night.

"He has a very legitimate and genuine excuse," he said. "He's actually starting a tour." An "orchestral tour," Collins added backstage.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b171833 ... z0iK0dLP61
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RVM1245RVM1245 Posts: 32
    video would be great!
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzm0LMd6kvc

Iggy's performance - Ed, Mike and Jeff jump up on stage
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    It's on YouTube.....very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzm0LMd6kvc
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ed's the coolests MoFo to walk the planet, Him and Billy Armstrong together, now there's my dream concert. If you've never scene GreenDay Live, they F'n KICK ASS!!! :mrgreen:
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Posts: 350
    I saw Iggy Pop for the first time when he opened for Pearl Jam back in 1998 at the Blossom Music Center in Ohio. Great show!

pj_iggypop_1998_blossom.jpg
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I was listening to the Cuyahoga show from 1998 last week. At the end of Black Ed talks about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum and Mike yells out "where the fuck is the Iggy exhibit" :) This video is great anf for the guys to be ther is really cool!

Thanks for posting.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    Who do you think will Induct PJ in the HOF when they get in?

The Boss? Bono? Pete Townsend? Neil Young?
  • Thanks for posting the video 1...was hoping Ed or Mike would sing/play but still cool to see them jump up on stage w/the Stooges. I got to see Iggy 2x on the Yield tour, and finally got to see the Stooges in 2007 at the Electric Factory here in Philly with my fiancee who is also a huge Stooges fan...one of the best concerts I've ever been to...they played most if not all of Fun House. Anyone not familiar should def check out their first 3 records.

Usually when people talk about PJ's influences, the Stooges are not one of the first bands that gets brought up but maybe they should be. GSMF most recently is a really good example of this, but most of their recent albums have had at least 1 song that brought the Stooges to mind for me, such as Comatose or Save You.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pj0705 wrote:

ME!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • pj0705 wrote:

Matt Chamberlain, Dave A, Jack Irons, and Dave Krusen.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • That was a cool video. I like how you could see Mike Watt up there representing, too. I didn't see Jeff, though. Did they mention anything about Ron Asheton?
    Chicago 8-23-09

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    CazzaBGirl wrote:
    It's on YouTube.....very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzm0LMd6kvc

iggy pop is my hero
  • pj0705 wrote:

scott stapp