PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TO PHILLY ON 5/18

MF284586MF284586 Posts: 6
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I'm beggin here...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Anyone who thinks it's going to be anywhere but Boston is setting themselves up for major disappointment.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I would be so angry if pearl jam went to philly :x :x :x It would make no sense what so ever
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You guys in Philly have been spoiled.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • MF284586MF284586 Posts: 6
    Makes sense to me...if not, oh well - we'll have to go to NY. Hope you all enjoy the shows! Peace.
    MF284586 wrote:
    Makes sense to me...if not, oh well - we'll have to go to NY. Hope you all enjoy the shows! Peace.

How does it makes sense?! They play there so much! Give some better, more deserving places a try.
    It doesn't make sense. I'm just being selfish - don't be so angry. Hope you get to see them!
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    It hasn't even been a year since the last 2 Philly shows.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    there's a reason why they play here so much. We sell out everyshow quickly and they make alot of money. look in the goods section tomorrow the boston and nyc will sell out probably in 5-15 minutes just like Philly does,thats why we get so much love here on the northeast. the shows that went on sale today are still up and thats probably why Pj barely plays there. There not dumb they go were the money is for them philly,ny,boston,chicago,toronto and a few other cities.A Philly show always makes sense to PJ cause there a smart band.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    there's a reason why they play here so much. We sell out everyshow quickly and they make alot of money. look in the goods section tomorrow the boston and nyc will sell out probably in 5-15 minutes just like Philly does,thats why we get so much love here on the northeast. the shows that went on sale today are still up and thats probably why Pj barely plays there. There not dumb they go were the money is for them philly,ny,boston,chicago,toronto and a few other cities.A Philly show always makes sense to PJ cause there a smart band.

So.......a band should only play in places where the fanclub sells out fast?

You do know that plenty of people go to shows that aren't in the fanclub right?

Oh, and the fact that they haven't played some places in over 6-7 years might be why the fanclub seats aren't selling, because people have given up on the band, because the band had forgotten about them.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Thorns2010 wrote:

So.......a band should only play in places where the fanclub sells out fast?

You do know that plenty of people go to shows that aren't in the fanclub right?

Oh, and the fact that they haven't played some places in over 6-7 years might be why the fanclub seats aren't selling, because people have given up on the band, because the band had forgotten about them.
    Thats how 2nd shows are added so fast based on how fast fanclub seats sell out i believe. in 06,08 camden1 sold out then they added another before ticketmaster sale happen so yeah i'd say so. Well maybe if those places sold out or almost did then it wouldn't have been 6-7yrs since they were there last. And if they want them to come back in the future they better fill up the venue in may.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • A Philly show always makes sense to PJ cause there a smart band.

Unlike the people in the area... ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 98, Tampa 00, Detroit 00, Buffalo 03, State College 03, Detroit I 03, Detroit II 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids, 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Lollapalooza 07, West Palm Beach 08, Tampa 08, To be continued...
    MF284586 wrote:
    It doesn't make sense. I'm just being selfish - don't be so angry. Hope you get to see them!

Haha sorry, I just don't like pearl jam playing in philly, I love the city, but i don't know, its the fans, none of you on these boards, your all ok, its other fans, i told a long story about philly 1 a coulple of weeks ago on here somewhere and it helped some people understand.
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306

If they play there so much, what is the point behind this thread? What is the point of BEGGING them for another show? "Oh please play here again, it's been since June 2009, wahhhhhhhhh, I thought you loved us because we sell out all your shows in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!"
  • Yeah right..
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    In the past their has been years were Philly was skipped! The only reason we got 4 shows last year was because of the Spectrum closing and the band loved playing there! I doubt they will be playing here this time around!So I'm planning on Hartford and Maybe Washington DC! I have a few vacation days to use! I might need a PJ buddy for the Washington show!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
    Wow. You're all reading way too much into this. I agree PJ plays Philly a lot. I've seen them three times in the last year - doesn't mean I can't post anything asking them to come back. I have mad love for them and want them back. And to clarify - I'm not from Philly, agree some Philly fans can get rowdy, but save the anti-Philly fan rants for a different thread. Again...whereever they play on 5/18, I hope it is a great show. Looking forward to Kings of Leon in August at Camden. If we can get to the venue w/out getting shot at or robbed.
  • CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    Please please please do not play Philly.....they had there turn and a half.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Surely this is a joke. How someone from Philly could even think that suggesting that is ridiculous.

The furthest South they have played in 6 years is Cincinnati and that was 4 years ago.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    edited March 2010
    know1 wrote:
    Surely this is a joke. How someone from Philly could even think that suggesting that is ridiculous.

The furthest South they have played in 6 years is Cincinnati and that was 4 years ago.

They have played Florida, TN, one of the Carolinas, and Texas since then.
    Post edited by Better Dan on
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    RiotZact wrote:
    MF284586 wrote:

How does it makes sense?! They play there so much! Give some better, more deserving places a try.

First of all, what is up with better, more deserving place?? No need for that.

Since they were just here I can deal with them not coming around this time, but there's no need to say that one place is better than another.
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    know1 wrote:

what about the 2 florida shows in 2008?
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    RiotZact wrote:
    MF284586 wrote:

First of all, what is up with better, more deserving place?? No need for that.

Since they were just here I can deal with them not coming around this time, but there's no need to say that one place is better than another.

I didn't mean it like that, I meant a place that they havn't played in a while like pitt or state collage, yes, I think pitt should get a show once every 4 years and philly can get 6... you know what I mean?