2010 U.S. Tour Name = Ticket To Ride?

Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
edited March 2010 in The Porch
This question is based on the photo shown on the U.S. tour announcement and ticket purchasing pages in the Goods section.

7312.jpg

Is this tour officially known as the "Ticket To Ride Tour" and if not, should we affectionately refer to it as such?

At the very least, I think the band should cover "Ticket To Ride" on this tour (Boston please!!). 8-)
"I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    I like it!
    I bet we get the boots for this tour before we get Philly! (sorry I couldnt resist) ;)
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    This question is based on the photo shown on the U.S. tour announcement and ticket purchasing pages in the Goods section.

7312.jpg

Is this tour officially known as the "Ticket To Ride Tour" and if not, should we affectionately refer to it as such?

At the very least, I think the band should cover "Ticket To Ride" on this tour (Boston please!!). 8-)

That would be a great cover...
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    I was wondering that too. I'm more curious about what intro music the band will use. I actually wouldn't mind if they went back to the orchestral baba oriley. that gets me pumped. I hope they do use something else than what they played for the 2009 shows (not that i didn't like it...i just want someting new...and bad ass!)
    "So much it dont show"
  • This question is based on the photo shown on the U.S. tour announcement and ticket purchasing pages in the Goods section.

7312.jpg

That would be a great cover...
    Maybe if we get enough requests it will happen. The band is cool like that. 8-)

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • On SNL, above PJ during Unthought Known, was a banner type thing that read "Entrance to Trains".
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    edited March 2010
    On SNL, above PJ during Unthought Known, was a banner type thing that read "Entrance to Trains".

I'm pretty sure that is a permanent decoration on the SNL set.

As for the "ticket to ride" on in the graphic for the tickets, I think they used the same image in the 10 Club preorders for shows last year.
    Post edited by NeilJam on
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    On SNL, above PJ during Unthought Known, was a banner type thing that read "Entrance to Trains".

The SNL set has a Grand Central theme, one of the famous train stations in Manhattan
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • nah.......because my baby does indeed care, whether she has a ticket to ride, or not.
  • Eeek.. sorry. I don't have cable so I haven't seen SNL since 1991 or so... uh-oh.. I'm sharing way too much. I'm watching SNL on the web right now :)
  • Eeek.. sorry. I don't have cable so I haven't seen SNL since 1991 or so... uh-oh.. I'm sharing way too much. I'm watching SNL on the web right now :)
    You don't need cable to watch SNL. It's broadcast on NBC. Surely you must get NBC via over-the-air reception.

• NeilJam wrote:
    As for the "ticket to ride" on in the graphic for the tickets, I think they used the same image in the 10 Club preorders for shows last year.
    Didn't they use this image last year?
    pjticket-BS-2009.jpg

• NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    NeilJam wrote:
    Didn't they use this image last year?
    pjticket-BS-2009.jpg

They've used that image for ticket preorders in the past, but I'm not 100% sure about which one they used last year, but I think it was the new one with "Ticket to ride." If not, they must have used it for an announcement or something because I know I've seen the "Ticket to ride" image before this recent tour announcement.
    You don't need cable to watch SNL. It's broadcast on NBC. Surely you must get NBC via over-the-air reception.
    Well, here in southern Indiana, or at least with my television... the answer is no. I get nothing over the air... nothing. The 41 inch HD TV I got from Goodwill for $150, 3 yrs ago, is only used to watch videos on once every 2 months. :?
    Well, here in southern Indiana, or at least with my television... the answer is no. I get nothing over the air... nothing. The 41 inch HD TV I got from Goodwill for $150, 3 yrs ago, is only used to watch videos on once every 2 months. :?
    Wow, that is rough. Maybe you should try buying a powered HDTV antenna, or position your existing antenna somewhere else in your house. This website may be helpful to you:
    http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

• loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    Eeek.. sorry. I don't have cable so I haven't seen SNL since 1991 or so... uh-oh.. I'm sharing way too much. I'm watching SNL on the web right now :)

I feel ya. Thats just the way we roll in Indiana.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • it should be: "2010 Let It Go To Fire" - Tour
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011