NOBLESVILLE Pre-Party, Fundraisers & Post-Party!!!

Comments

• 2003Tar Heel PJ Fan2003Tar Heel PJ Fan Charlotte, NC Posts: 54
    Myself and my boy Mike are heading over to the show from Columbus, we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Fishers. To those who live in the area, how hard would it be to get a post-show taxi ride from the venue to Fishers ? It's only seven miles away, looks like a couple exits down I-69. How plentiful are cabs after shows ? I wonder if the hotel offers shuttles close to the venue. I'll have to check.

We will definetely swing by the 10 club pre-party !
    Charlotte 2000, Raleigh 2003, Charlotte 2003, St. Louis VFC 2004, Columbia 2008, Chicago Eddie 2008, Atlanta Eddie 2009, Philly Spectrum night 4 2009, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Jacksonville Eddie 2012, PJ Wrigley 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, Buffalo 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013, Seattle 2013
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    I will be there! This will be my 2nd PJ show! So excited.
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Myself and my boy Mike are heading over to the show from Columbus, we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Fishers. To those who live in the area, how hard would it be to get a post-show taxi ride from the venue to Fishers ? It's only seven miles away, looks like a couple exits down I-69. How plentiful are cabs after shows ? I wonder if the hotel offers shuttles close to the venue. I'll have to check.

We will definetely swing by the 10 club pre-party !

Cabs not that plentiful after the show, usually only show up for pre-arranged rides. I would try the hotel shuttle, because getting out of the place is a bit of a bottleneck and I would hate to see you spend $50 on a cab just to get out of the parking lot. good luck!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    damn you guys! the attendance list is amazing....way to go...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    My girlfriend and I are going to be there!
    All the way from Detroit!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 566
    edited March 2010
    My wife and I will be there, this will be her first PJ show.
    Post edited by CosmoCramer on
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Count me in and at least 5 others that r not on this board.

PS- Where's Foxymop?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    shadowcast wrote:
    Count me in and at least 5 others that r not on this board.

PS- Where's Foxymop?

Where is Foxy Mop? 8-)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    You already have my name.. but there are 3 others coming with me from Cincinnati. One of which is another die hard. The other 2, one is my wife (who I must say is pumped to see her first live show) and my brother's gf (first show also...).

Cant wait to celebrate all things PJ with you all!!

We are staying at the Cambria Suites right by the venue and the bar. Only cost $200... Pricey... but now I dont have to worry about cabs and stuff.
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I'll be there.

And where is Foxy Mop? :lol:
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• It has been several years since I was at this venue (PJ in 2000 maybe), but I recall sitting in the parking lot for at least 2 hours after the show waiting to get out. Just a heads up that when people say getting out is bad, they mean BAD. Hit the restrooms first, that's for sure. The cool part about it though was that everyone was so pumped up from the show, every car had PJ blaring and people singing. It just kept the love alive a little longer.

Hopefully, getting out is easier 10 years later but I'm guessing....No.
    It has been several years since I was at this venue (PJ in 2000 maybe), but I recall sitting in the parking lot for at least 2 hours after the show waiting to get out. Just a heads up that when people say getting out is bad, they mean BAD. Hit the restrooms first, that's for sure. The cool part about it though was that everyone was so pumped up from the show, every car had PJ blaring and people singing. It just kept the love alive a little longer.

Yeah, I was one of those cars... I remember we went to White Castle for food after and the line in there was just as long as it was to get out. Never seen 100 people in line for White Castle!!!
  • tbhooptie wrote:
    It has been several years since I was at this venue (PJ in 2000 maybe), but I recall sitting in the parking lot for at least 2 hours after the show waiting to get out. Just a heads up that when people say getting out is bad, they mean BAD. Hit the restrooms first, that's for sure. The cool part about it though was that everyone was so pumped up from the show, every car had PJ blaring and people singing. It just kept the love alive a little longer.

Yeah, I was one of those cars... I remember we went to White Castle for food after and the line in there was just as long as it was to get out. Never seen 100 people in line for White Castle!!!
    That's cool. Maybe you were also one of the cars parked by me on the interstate waiting to get off of I-69 for two hours before the show too:). Same thing - PJ music coming out of every car, people singing, cars decorated, etc. So, the trek for PJ at Deer Creek includes an entire days' fun for the family :lol::lol:
  • jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
    I'll Be there PJ show Lucky # 13, with my little brother driving from the university of Alabama just for the show, it will be his first experience.
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Already in the roll call, but I'll be bringin' my buddy, and we'll be campin' and partyin' with you folks! See some of you at Cbus and Cleveland too.
    tbhooptie wrote:

That's cool. Maybe you were also one of the cars parked by me on the interstate waiting to get off of I-69 for two hours before the show too:). Same thing - PJ music coming out of every car, people singing, cars decorated, etc. So, the trek for PJ at Deer Creek includes an entire days' fun for the family :lol::lol:

yeah, we are heading up as early as possible... Hoping to leave Cincinnati around noon, 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive... All PJ, all the way...
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Only show I'm seeing on this tour so I can't wait. ;)
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited March 2010
    i have 2 extra 10c tickets available for this show. 158xxx

the ticket gods came through big time :)

edit...2 people have contacted me and i will close the deal with the first one who did, so as of right now these are not available. thanks.
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • i have 2 extra 10c tickets available for this show. 158xxx

the ticket gods came through big time :)

pm sent
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'll be there. I swore I'd never go back to that venue after the last trip there, but since PJ won't seem to play any closer to those of us below the Mason Dixon, I'm going to suck it up and make the trip.

Staying at the Cambria and planning to walk over.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Got my pair add me too the roll call
    RFK 6/13/98 -Tibetan Freedom, Pittsburgh 8/25/98, Merriweather Post 9/4/00, Grand Rapids 10/03/04 - MoveOn.org, Palace of Auburn Hills 5/22/06, Grant Park 8/05/07 - Lollapalooza, Verizon Center, DC 6/22/08, Chicago 8/22/08 - EDDIE, Baltimore 6/14/09 - EDDIE, United Center 8/23/09, Verizon Wireless 5/7/10
    shadowcast wrote:
    PS- Where's Foxymop?

I've left her a voicemail too, should we be worried??? :?
  • Inside_Job_INInside_Job_IN Indiana Posts: 41
    I am so excited to finally see them in Indy, seen them lots of other places but never Indy. I saw Coldplay at Verizon last summer and while it took about an hour to get out this time, it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past but as others have posted if you just go with the "flow" and enjoy the environment it is a hell of a lot of fun.

I am taking my 14 year old son to his first PJ concert and he is so excited, I am sure we will have a great time. Does any know if the location of the pre-party will allow folks under the age of 21 to enter, I sure hope so as I want him to have the full experience of a PJ concert. :)
    Cincy-2006
    Chicago-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 3)-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 4)-2009
    St. Louis-2010
    Columbus, OH-2010
    Indy, IN-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincy-2014
    St. Louis-2014
    Raleigh, NC-2016 (Cancelled)
    New Orleans Jazz Fest-2016
    Wrigley II-2016
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    IAmMyself wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    PS- Where's Foxymop?

nope, no one should be worried ;)
    she's fine and will be in touch soon
    in the meantime
    add me and my hubby to the list of attendees :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
    I am so excited to finally see them in Indy, seen them lots of other places but never Indy. I saw Coldplay at Verizon last summer and while it took about an hour to get out this time, it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past but as others have posted if you just go with the "flow" and enjoy the environment it is a hell of a lot of fun.

I am taking my 14 year old son to his first PJ concert and he is so excited, I am sure we will have a great time. Does any know if the location of the pre-party will allow folks under the age of 21 to enter, I sure hope so as I want him to have the full experience of a PJ concert. :)

YES!!!! That's why I wanted to have it here, because there are a lot of younger fans!!
  • JA25290JA25290 Posts: 8
    We will be there...camping hopefully. I haven't been able to get a response from Sleepybear on rates and etc. But did make a reservation. The VIP parking is expensive but totally worth it not to have to wait so long. The last time there was a PJ concert they made us turn out of the parking lot to the left and it ended up circling us around a cornfield in a line of stopped traffic for hours. We are from the Cincy area so we didn't get home until early morning...it was rough. Since then we've always done the VIP and have had no problems. This year we'll be walking from the campground (hopefully!). Can't wait to see you all there!!! Also going to Columbus and Cleveland!

I would assume he should be fine. Its a restaurant also... now after like 10 pm, no clue.
    IAmMyself wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    PS- Where's Foxymop?

nope, no one should be worried ;)
    she's fine and will be in touch soon
    in the meantime
    add me and my hubby to the list of attendees :)

Thanks, good to know!!
  • Inside_Job_INInside_Job_IN Indiana Posts: 41
    tbhooptie wrote:

I would assume he should be fine. Its a restaurant also... now after like 10 pm, no clue.

That's great, my son is in for a night to remember!!!! Thanks
    Cincy-2006
    Chicago-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 3)-2009
    Philly (Spectrum 4)-2009
    St. Louis-2010
    Columbus, OH-2010
    Indy, IN-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincy-2014
    St. Louis-2014
    Raleigh, NC-2016 (Cancelled)
    New Orleans Jazz Fest-2016
    Wrigley II-2016
    JA25290 wrote:
    We will be there...camping hopefully. I haven't been able to get a response from Sleepybear on rates and etc. But did make a reservation. The VIP parking is expensive but totally worth it not to have to wait so long. The last time there was a PJ concert they made us turn out of the parking lot to the left and it ended up circling us around a cornfield in a line of stopped traffic for hours. We are from the Cincy area so we didn't get home until early morning...it was rough. Since then we've always done the VIP and have had no problems. This year we'll be walking from the campground (hopefully!). Can't wait to see you all there!!! Also going to Columbus and Cleveland!

Sit in the parking lot, until they are no longer directing traffic, DO NOT TURN LEFT!! They try and lose you in the country, it's terrible!!!
    I go to a lot of shows at the VW, I refuse to turn left, I live in the area and get lost myself!!