Columbus is in the lead

Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
edited March 2010 in The Porch
....so far. This weeks top 10 has Columbus as the top tix seller 45 min into Indy sale. Who's it gonna be in the end!?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,838
    Ughh.. I want Columbus to NOT do good since it would mean a better seat for me. Then again, if they do good sales here, more shows in the future. And that would be bad, since i'd go broke. :p

It's probably location (easy from Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, Indy, Pittsburgh, and a ton of other places), plus i'm sure the Thursday night helps ticket sales. It's really easy to take Friday off work and call it a three day weekend.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Wow how can it be doing so good...NOBODY I know outside of Ohio (except for ArcticAngel) is going to that show. I know WAY more people doing Indy. DAMN!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    Wow how can it be doing so good...NOBODY I know outside of Ohio (except for ArcticAngel) is going to that show. I know WAY more people doing Indy. DAMN!

count 2 more from Chicago, not that you know me!
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Wow how can it be doing so good...NOBODY I know outside of Ohio (except for ArcticAngel) is going to that show.

raises hand....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Thinking maybe Columbus but not sure. Indy is a lock.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'm coming from Texas. That's way outside Ohio.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    Before Columbus went on sale, the KC and St. L. shows were up there. It might just be updating a little behind, and the last show to go on sale is the current most popular.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • If you ask me, STL is in the lead.. Guess it just depends on how you look at things though.. Kids, stay away from that STL show.. It's bad news! 8-)
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    ....so far. This weeks top 10 has Columbus as the top tix seller 45 min into Indy sale. Who's it gonna be in the end!?

I'm curious, where are these numbers from?
  • Wow how can it be doing so good...NOBODY I know outside of Ohio (except for ArcticAngel) is going to that show. I know WAY more people doing Indy. DAMN!

1. the ohio state university = 60k+ college students, not to mention alums, faculty, etc. we fill a 110k+ stadium on fall saturdays, so 20k really won't be difficult

2. i know of a handful of ppl coming in from out of state

3. there isn't much else to do in c-bus - especially once hockey season ends for the jackets

4. like others said, very easy trip from chicago, indy, lexington, louisville, cincy, pitts, detroit, etc.

5. i'll be there and people know it

6. nationwide arena and the arena district are great- of the 15+ shows i've been to, the arena district will make for the best bar scene prepartying. 10or 15 bars within a 5 minute walk.
  • right now it's running Indy #1 and C-Bus#2
  • Gvn2fly wrote:
    dumb question but how do you know how many tix been sold?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    dumb question but how do you know how many tix been sold?
    HAve the option to list by top seller on the goods tix page. Indy #1 at the moment.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Figured Indy would win out of this group because it's on a Friday night and relatively close for Chicago fans to drive down.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley