Options

Eddie Chicago Stanley's

Comments

• Options
    i know i still haven't left ... i hate stalking! i'm not going ... i know i'll kick myself tomorrow ...
    it aint stalking if you HAPPEN to go in there for a beer and suddenly see him... ;) if it turned out that he played some songs youd DEFINITELY be kicking yourself!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    supposedly the OP said he was getting ready for a set? id def check it out if he was playing a secret show! this isnt just him eating, its a secret show!

yeah i think that's why everyone is so interested.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    it aint stalking if you HAPPEN to go in there for a beer and suddenly see him... ;) if it turned out that he played some songs youd DEFINITELY be kicking yourself!

After the initial shock wore off I kinda have a hard time picturing him trying to play, at least into the wild stuff, i mean he hated the yellers at the show, it's going to be a billion times worse in a bar.
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    After the initial shock wore off I kinda have a hard time picturing him trying to play, at least into the wild stuff, i mean he hated the yellers at the show, it's going to be a billion times worse in a bar.

I've heard he's done this before at Stanley's so, who knows! Again, I'll be kickin' myself!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    I've heard he's done this before at Stanley's so, who knows! Again, I'll be kickin' myself!

The bar has been playing pearl jam.
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    The bar has been playing pearl jam.

the house band is playing pearl jam, ed's left. good night.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    So he didn't play or anything?

Nah, he was apparently just hanging out there. There is a tribute band there playing daughter though. My friend missed him by 15 minutes.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    yeah i missed him by 15 apparently :( spent $40 to get there and back, oh well. and he wasn't playing, just hanging out i guess.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Damn it! I missed it! I was waiting in line as he sang!

And apparently as they let us in, he came out the side for a smoke and left.

Also met a cool girl who found out about it from the board here in line with me.. We were so damn close Lindsey!
  • Options

Also met a cool girl who found out about it from the board here in line with me.. We were so damn close Lindsey!

Wait, so he did sing there?
  • Options
    Williedog wrote:
    with the internet and messages boards Eddie cant even eat and relax in peace without his location being given out to the hoards of crazy fans on here....poor guy....
    He was playing there. He does that when he goes there. I wouldn't have gone if he was just having a beer.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079

So...he did sing?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Wait, so he did sing there?
    Yes, unless bars like to play random covers like I Got You.. at least I think I was I Got You. I was in line and kind of on edge. He was definitely there according to the people who work there.
  • Options
    He was playing there. He does that when he goes there. I wouldn't have gone if he was just having a beer.

me neither, i was under the impression he was playing, not just hanging out.

if you told me your board name i totally would have recognized it! :)
  • Options
    me neither, i was under the impression he was playing, not just hanging out.

if you told me your board name i totally would have recognized it! :)
    :) ..I do come here often.

My friends were giving me shit for knowing he was there. I keep this message pit my little obsessive secret. ;)

And I recognize your name too!

Small world. I love this city.

Next time he's in town, I'm going to make it a Stanley's week. :cool:
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    So, somebody said that the house band was covering some Pearl Jam. You guys sure it wasn't the house band you heard? (of course who could be that good as far as having a similar voice to the man himself, right? :D)
    No, they played after he left. As I got in. :( They mentioned Eddie just left and they played daughter in honor of him.

It's literally a five minute walk to this place from where I'm at. I wished I checked in here earlier.
  • Options
    Yeah Eddie was absolutely there at some point tonight. Several people working there told me. Not completely sure that he played though, but I think he did.
  • Options
    Williedog wrote:
    with the internet and messages boards Eddie cant even eat and relax in peace without his location being given out to the hoards of crazy fans on here....poor guy....

after all is said and done, i agree. even if it was for a 'secret show', maybe there's a reason it's secret, he just wanted a random spontaneous moment. who knows. now if it was at the metro, different story all together. : )

my hesitation wasn't truly about going alone, it was, is this right? glad I didn't go.

all the same, thanks for the moment adventure.
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    about friday night we were going to go but, it was a private party id wouldnt be able to have gotton in and he wanted to be with all his cubbie and sean penn friends anyway! hope ed had fun!
  • Options
    eddie was hanging out in the basement with friends came up about 2 then he left at 4 00 in the morning. it was the one on lincoln. i was gonna go but, i know i couldnt have gotton in cause it was a private party!
  • Options
    you got in?? eddie left at 4 00 you should of saw him!!!
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I was there! Anyone could get in for $20. I saw Chelios , drank from the cup, met ed. And he DID NOT sing.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Why would you drink from the Cup? That's Not For You!
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Chris1401 wrote:
    Why would you drink from the Cup? That's Not For You!

Hopefully you're just saying that to quote a Pearl Jam song...otherwise why wouldn't you drink from the cup. Especially if you're from Detroit, MI.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    pj14 wrote:
    you got in?? eddie left at 4 00 you should of saw him!!!
    Are you serious? He was nowhere to be found when I was there. The people who worked there said he left.
  • Options
    are u serious cause i called stanleys and they said they were closed. i heard it was a private party?? im confused so i could of went darn
  • Options
    as I started it I will leave one last one....Sunday night he was there hung out for around 2 hours....He Did NOT sing....my friend was in booth right next to him.....

He got me a personally signed sig on a diner check....sweet....a little Eddie artwork he also included...my friend said he was the most gracious nice guy, others around him not as much but EV was true to what we all think of him.

Just thought I would finish up. Take care.

Next time in town we should be planning at Stanley's:)
  • Options
    pj14 wrote:
    are u serious cause i called stanleys and they said they were closed. i heard it was a private party?? im confused so i could of went darn

there was definitely not a private party, i walked right in at around 12 without even getting carded. (i'm only 18)
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Williedog wrote:

I agree a little, if he was going to play a set that is one thing..... running down there would not be stalking

but if he was just there having a beer after a long day of hanging out and going to the cubs game then it would be little like stalking....

that is the kind of thing you want to leave to chance, like hey I as at a bar and guess who I saw.... kinda like the person who in this thread who had a friend there.....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    my buddy sent me a text at 12:30 saying that eddie wasn't there. one of the people that worked there told him that he missed him by like 20 minutes....he lives right there so next time the boys are around it's gonna be a Stanley's night.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05