Columbus Hotel Suggestion

CooterCooter Posts: 157
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Hey Everyone,

I've recently became a big fan of hotwire for booking hotels and I just booked our room for Columbus. If you search hotwire and select the 4 star downtown, arena section, german village area for $65 per night, I think you'll be pleased with the result.

It's The Westin Columbus and on their site the rooms are booking for $200 a night. It looks to be close to walking distance to the Arena (again I'm not familiar with Columbus), but if not, it's a very minimal cab ride.

Just thought I'd pass along the heads up in case anyone is looking for a nice, relatively inexpensive place to stay. Also, I have a line on a hotel that I've used in Indy before via hotwire for $36 per night. It's not in Noblesville, but it's also pretty close and having lived in Indy for 7 years, I can give you the backroad access into Deer Creek that speeds things up considerably since you don't have to get on I-69.

Enjoy!
Cooter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    Westin @ Great Southern? Cool spot. Historic place. 6-8 blocks from the arena. And yes a very short cab ride.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    don't forget to factor in parking down town.

fyi, a coworker is going to columbus for rock on the range and paid $35 for a hotel by the airport (short drive to downtown) courtyard i believe.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CooterCooter Posts: 157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Westin @ Great Southern? Cool spot. Historic place. 6-8 blocks from the arena. And yes a very short cab ride.

That's the one. And yeah, I know parking will be an additional expense, but I'm hoping the Westin has parking overnight for somewhere around $20...still a bargain in my department, not having to risk driving under the influence.
    Cooter wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

That's the one. And yeah, I know parking will be an additional expense, but I'm hoping the Westin has parking overnight for somewhere around $20...still a bargain in my department, not having to risk driving under the influence.
    Its across the street from a parking garage, not sure about overnight. Plus the hotel has valet parking. May want to check the hotels site to see for sure about parking.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Thanks for posting. I saw the german village area hotel and was wondering which one it was and how close to the venue it was. I've never been to Columbus so german village area means nothing to me.
  • CooterCooter Posts: 157
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Thanks for posting. I saw the german village area hotel and was wondering which one it was and how close to the venue it was. I've never been to Columbus so german village area means nothing to me.

Yeah, I figured it was safe being in the "arena district"...and being a Westin doesn't hurt either. :)
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    I'm staying there as well, booked last week. Parking is $20 for self-park or valet. It's walkable to the arena on a nice day...many bars/restaurants between the Westin and arena for pit stops. $5 cab ride.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Cooter wrote:
    PJGARDEN wrote:

Yeah, I figured it was safe being in the "arena district"...and being a Westin doesn't hurt either. :)

Thanks again! Just booked my hotel. Now lets hope I get tickets ;)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,838
    Ideas:

Call the hotel in advance and see if they offer a shuttle service. If one hotel does offer the shuttle, post that hotel over here and you can all ride the shuttle together. I wouldn't think you would need to be a guest at that hotel in order to use their shuttle??

And keep in mind that the Columbus bus system generally sucks, but your hotel could give you info on how to get TO the show via bus. Getting home, you'd need a cab.

Cab sharing is always an idea as well. They don't charge additional for extra riders.

Anything in the arena district.. hell, you could probably SEE the arena from your room.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Anyone thinking of Courtyard by Marriot on Spring Street should be aware of the YMCA across the street. Some of our less than personable citizens reside there.

• RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    For anyone planning on driving, you shouldnt have to pay too much to park. I just went to a blue jackets game saturday night and paid $5 to park pretty close. It is more expensive at the garages right next door (I know one is $8), or the arena parking lot, but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a close spot for a reasonable rate.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • cifrancgxcifrancgx Posts: 350
    This place is walking distance to Nationwide Arena in downtown Columbus.

Drury Inn & Suites-Convention Center
    druryhotels.com
    88 East Nationwide Boulevard
    Columbus, OH 43215-2576
    (614) 221-7008
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    Thanks for the tip, just booked the Westin, great deal!

:P
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    We booked the Westin last night, but got it for $50 instead of the $65 that the OP suggested. Spreading on the good deals for anyone who needs to know....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.