St. Louis vs. Noblesville

Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
edited March 2010 in The Porch
OK... so if i somehow manage to fit a concert into my busy finals/graduation week which venue is better?? its pretty much equal driving distance from where I am

I think the St. Louis one may have been where I saw radiohead... it was pretty nice... nothing that special

how is noblesville?
"Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BE257117BE257117 Posts: 43
    St. Louis is an arena show and Noblesville is an amphitheater. Really depends on your personal preferences. I've had good experiences with both venues, however the parking situation at Noblesville can be a bitch. Also, getting in and out of St. Louis is quite a bit easier than leaving Noblesville. That being said, I'll be at both.
  • Depends.. Do you like to see indoor shows or outdoor shows? ;)

The ScottTrade Center in STL in where the Blues play. It's an indoor venue. I'm pretty sure the venue you are thinking of is Riverport/UMB/Verizon in Maryland Heights, MO.

I'm pretty sure the Indy show is the old Deer Creek Amphitheater, which would be outdoors of course.. Can someone please confirm this?
  • RZ27566RZ27566 Posts: 57
    I Don't know about Noble, arena rock is arena rock, but every time they play st. louis they have the habbit of playing some really cool odd shit
  • I have a question, but didn't want to start a new thread. I am possibly doing Noblesville, looking probably at lawn seats. Will this sell out right away, or a week or beyond. I have gone to two philly (camden) shows and that didn't sell out until the day of. Feedback is appreciated.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    thanks! this helps

id prefer an outdoor ampitheater

just hope the sound isnt as shitty as the tweeter center :?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    OK... so if i somehow manage to fit a concert into my busy finals/graduation week which venue is better?? its pretty much equal driving distance from where I am

I think the St. Louis one may have been where I saw radiohead... it was pretty nice... nothing that special

how is noblesville?

Noblesville aka Deer Creek is a outside venue and well it's not Alpine Valley it will have to work. :)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Deer Creek is as good as corporate named amphitheaters get.
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    I have a question, but didn't want to start a new thread. I am possibly doing Noblesville, looking probably at lawn seats. Will this sell out right away, or a week or beyond. I have gone to two philly (camden) shows and that didn't sell out until the day of. Feedback is appreciated.

I doubt that it will sell out lawn, but I don't know. The lawn holds 18-20k. I'm not sure if Kings of Leon sold out last year, and that was a huge show. I think DMB ended up selling out, but it took them awhile. That being said, I know of a lot of casual fans that are interested in going, so who knows.
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I have a question, but didn't want to start a new thread. I am possibly doing Noblesville, looking probably at lawn seats. Will this sell out right away, or a week or beyond. I have gone to two philly (camden) shows and that didn't sell out until the day of. Feedback is appreciated.

It won't sell out. I've been to several shows there and never seen anything close to a sellout.