TBD speculation continues

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Sox are home on 5/19 - will need more then a day after a concert at Fenway.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    The timing just doesnt line up... they need days off before and after to get the field ready for the show and torn down for the next home games.
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    drsluggo wrote:
    The timing just doesnt line up... they need days off before and after to get the field ready for the show and torn down for the next home games.

yet another reason why rock concerts at baseball stadiums are stupid
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Could it be another MSG? :?

(Ten Club only? 8-) )

... I wish!
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • My best guess would be Albany or Saratoga
    Sometimes I burn like a dot on the Sun...
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    95% chance of it being td banknorth
    3% chance of albany
    1% chance msg
    .5% chance of fenway
    .5% chance of anywhere else

hope that helps
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • am121202 wrote:
    My best guess would be Albany or Saratoga

Well on their Facebook page, the Times Union Center in Albany (formerly Pepsi Arena, formerly the Knick) says they are making a concert announcement sometime today but that it is NOT for Pearl Jam. So I guess that still leaves SPAC in 'Toga but I dunno...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    How bout a secret 10c only show at a small club in boston. They could do a raffle for 10c members who purchased tix to the td bank north garden show.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,480
    TBD is gonna be Augusta, Maine!
  • demetrios wrote:
    TBD is gonna be Augusta, Maine!
    should we take a poll?
  • I hope it's Chicago...the Cubs are in town and Ed always wants to play here when they are in town
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I hope it's Chicago...the Cubs are in town and Ed always wants to play here when they are in town

I could see that... :roll:
  • bosdiegobosdiego Posts: 11
    Look at the standings and potential matchups for the Celtics...they are a #4 seed right now, and would get the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Semis this year....they are not beating them...trust me, I'm a Celtics fan. Celts might not even get through the first round.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule/res ... -2009.html

Look at the dates from last year's NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals...not to mention that even if the Celtics do get through the first two rounds, the chances are they will be playing a higher seed (Magic or Hawks), and would be on the road May 18th.

Think about it logically...they've had plenty of time to book other venues (Saratoga, Albany, NJ, Philly, etc) if they were going to leave Boston that night. So why haven't they? Obviously it is because there is a possibility that there is another event at the TD that night, and they have to wait to confirm it. What's the only thing that could possibly be there in mid-May? The Celtics. It won't be announced until the NBA regular season is over and playoff schedule has been announced, but there's no reason why they wouldn't add a second show to Boston. It makes absolutely no sense to move all of that equipment when they could EASILY sell out a second show at TD Garden.

(As discussed ad nauseum in previous threads, Fenway is not an option because the Red Sox are playing the Twins at home on the 19th.)
    Dodge Music Center - Sep 13, 1998 * Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 * Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003 * Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004 * Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004 * Cox Arena - Jul 07, 2006 * The Forum - Jul 09, 2006 * Eddie Solo - Spreckels Theater - April 15, 2008 * Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009 * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 06, 2009 * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 07, 2009 * Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009 * Mt Smart Stadium - Nov 27, 2009 * AMI Stadium - Nov 29, 2009 * XL Center - May 15, 2010 * TD Banknorth Garden - May 17, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
  • bosdiego wrote:
    Look at the standings and potential matchups for the Celtics...they are a #4 seed right now, and would get the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Semis this year....they are not beating them...trust me, I'm a Celtics fan. Celts might not even get through the first round.

Look at the dates from last year's NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals...not to mention that even if the Celtics do get through the first two rounds, the chances are they will be playing a higher seed (Magic or Hawks), and would be on the road May 18th.

Think about it logically...they've had plenty of time to book other venues (Saratoga, Albany, NJ, Philly, etc) if they were going to leave Boston that night. So why haven't they? Obviously it is because there is a possibility that there is another event at the TD that night, and they have to wait to confirm it. What's the only thing that could possibly be there in mid-May? The Celtics. It won't be announced until the NBA regular season is over and playoff schedule has been announced, but there's no reason why they wouldn't add a second show to Boston. It makes absolutely no sense to move all of that equipment when they could EASILY sell out a second show at TD Garden.

(As discussed ad nauseum in previous threads, Fenway is not an option because the Red Sox are playing the Twins at home on the 19th.)

I think we all know it's most likely a 2nd show at TD, but are just having some fun. :D
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I hope it's Chicago...the Cubs are in town and Ed always wants to play here when they are in town

Hahaha

• YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    metsfan wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Hahaha

Get 'em Metsy!!!! ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • metsfan wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Hahaha

metsy, u seeing dmb at Citi?

Get 'em Metsy!!!! ;)

Ahh another old timer. Always good to see one on this payboard.

nope I won't be. Don't know anyother dmb fans around here and I won't step into that park till the mets put a good product on the field.

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Yankee Staduim, after we finish kicking the Sox Ass.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    metsfan wrote:

Get 'em Metsy!!!! ;)

Ahh another old timer. Always good to see one on this payboard.

nope I won't be. Don't know anyother dmb fans around here and I won't step into that park till the mets put a good product on the field.

Likewise, friend.

And don't wait too long, they may have to build a new park by the time you go again. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    100% chance of it being td banknorth
    0% chance of albany
    0% chance msg
    0% chance of fenway
    0 chance of anywhere else

hope that helps

Fixed.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,778
    KO282453 wrote:
    Yankee Staduim, after we finish kicking the Sox Ass.

Who's we? Are you on the team or part of the front office/scout in some capacity?> :lol::lol:

I hope they add another MSG show.
  • SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186
    100 Pacer wrote:
    100% chance of it being td banknorth
    0% chance of albany
    0% chance msg
    0% chance of fenway
    0 chance of anywhere else

hope that helps

Fixed.

You are correct! :!:
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06