Respect for Other Members

HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Not trying to be an ass, but out of respect for your fellow Ten Club members, if you are NOT buying tickets today, could you please stay off of the website during and around on sale times? It will cut down on web traffic and make the lives of those of us who ARE buying tickets and those who run the site much easier today. Thanks and happy on-sale day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• best of luck to you today.

I always wondered how much difference it makes, or if the boards ran off something different than the merch.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    This is a fantastic idea. I will help the cause by logging off for the day since I am not going for any of todays shows. But bet your ass I'll be logged on bright and early tomorrow! :D

BEST OF LUCK ALL!!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I have always done this, I only log on for the shows I am going to attend. We are heading out for the Euro shows and cant wait.

Wish I could join you all across the pond but not this time.

Good luck to you all and have a great tour.

Phil
  • can't do it friend. one of my favorite things to do is to put tickets in my cart for a show i have no intention of attending, then when it looks like they are sold out and everyone starts crying about not getting tickets, i will post in a thread that i am going to release the tickets at a certain time. that way it's as if i'm the one who is actually selling the tickets and i seem like a big hero. you ticket purchasers really need the handful of people like me. which smiley is the sarcasm one?
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • It's another 1 1/2 hrs before the 1st on-sale time but the board is loading creepishly slow for me. Anyone else experiencing this already or is my DSL provider punishing me for some reason?
  • That's a great idea. There's only 300 or so online right now and the forum is super slow (at least for me, it is), so I can't imagine how much worse it'll get once people are online buying tickets. Perhaps, people could also save their "I got tickets" threads until the sales are over. There's no reason to clog everything up.
    can't do it friend. one of my favorite things to do is to put tickets in my cart for a show i have no intention of attending, then when it looks like they are sold out and everyone starts crying about not getting tickets, i will post in a thread that i am going to release the tickets at a certain time. that way it's as if i'm the one who is actually selling the tickets and i seem like a big hero. you ticket purchasers really need the handful of people like me. which smiley is the sarcasm one?

I know you're being sarcastic, but I wonder if this was a problem, which is why they have that new pre-sale rule - - if you haven't completed the check-out process in 10 minutes, your cart will be emptied and someone else will have those tickets. That's slightly nerve wrecking. Just another reason for people to stay away from the site during ticket sales. Please.

Anyway, I'll do my duty and stay away and check in later this evening to hear how it went.

Good luck!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    best of luck to you today.

I always wondered how much difference it makes, or if the boards ran off something different than the merch.
    I think these days they run on different servers (from the last couple of years experience, compared to before)