What really sucks about short notice pre sale tickets

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I have monies.. but am out of town visiting family :( And of course my bank isn't within a hundred miles of here! I guess this post has no point but i needed to vent .. Just sucks.. oh well at least I'll get a chance sometime next week.. thank freakin goodness i'll be back home on Wed.. This sort of thing is always happening to me ..I'm sure im not alone although everyone and their grandpappy seems to have these "credit card" things.. me I don't care for them, they make zero sense to me .. the only time they come in handy for me is well.. right now :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have monies.. but am out of town visiting family :( And of course my bank isn't within a hundred miles of here! I guess this post has no point but i needed to vent .. Just sucks.. oh well at least I'll get a chance sometime next week.. thank freakin goodness i'll be back home on Wed.. This sort of thing is always happening to me ..I'm sure im not alone although everyone and their grandpappy seems to have these "credit card" things.. me I don't care for them, they make zero sense to me .. the only time they come in handy for me is well.. right now :(

Hi Mandi!

What about your debit card? You have one of those right?
    NERDS!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited March 2010
    I have monies.. but am out of town visiting family :( And of course my bank isn't within a hundred miles of here! I guess this post has no point but i needed to vent .. Just sucks.. oh well at least I'll get a chance sometime next week.. thank freakin goodness i'll be back home on Wed.. This sort of thing is always happening to me ..I'm sure im not alone although everyone and their grandpappy seems to have these "credit card" things.. me I don't care for them, they make zero sense to me .. the only time they come in handy for me is well.. right now :(

Hi Mandi!

What about your debit card? You have one of those right?

Hi bud :D thats what i mean...i had a few hundy before i left on it.. and then of course with airfare here and random shiz.. now i only have cash and no way to get it on my debit card... I know i know , people have real problems just feeling sorry for myself i suppose :D either way my ass is getting in.. it'd just be nice to not have to beg fellow ten c friends for their extras and take my chances with the public sale :D who knows.. maybe ill make out better this way...
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • I thinking finding the extra is the way to go these days. You know enough people to get a good one.

Have fun!
    NERDS!
    I thinking finding the extra is the way to go these days. You know enough people to get a good one.

Have fun!

I'm hoping you are right friend :) you should come out for a show :D
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Tons of board members will have extra's

You won't have a problem getting in at all
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I thinking finding the extra is the way to go these days. You know enough people to get a good one.

Have fun!

I almost got to. I'm going to NYC next month for a few days, unfortunately not in May. :(
    NERDS!
    metsfan wrote:

thanks for the hope.. I'll just consider it a blessing in disguise and enjoy the rest of my trip :) Can't wait to see black keys open for pearl jam! Really dig both of them...
    I thinking finding the extra is the way to go these days. You know enough people to get a good one.

Have fun!

I almost got to. I'm going to NYC next month for a few days, unfortunately not in May. :(

Crap! well they won't stay away TOO long.. they never do :D Drinks are on me whenever you make it to the east coast for a show :D
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

thanks for the hope.. I'll just consider it a blessing in disguise and enjoy the rest of my trip :) Can't wait to see black keys open for pearl jam! Really dig both of them...
    that's cool

Welcome
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    You should get a credit card. This would solve this problem in the future. If you don't have a credit card now, and can control your spending with a debit card like you have been, then you should be fine with a credit card. You probably don't "get it" because you hear about people having balances month to month on their cards and paying interest. Doesn't sound like you would have a problem with that as you can't overspend with a debit card.

You don't need to use the credit card, but it would be good to have to:

a) Build a credit history
    b) Use for emergencies when you don't have access to your bank (i.e., like your situation now with the PJ tickets, or for actual emergencies like car trouble, etc)
    c) You get points with credits for cash refunds, flights, etc....(you may have this on your debit card). I'm paying for my hotel stays on this tour with credit card points. Paid no interest, and get my hotel paid for. I like this credit card thing!
    You should get a credit card. This would solve this problem in the future. If you don't have a credit card now, and can control your spending with a debit card like you have been, then you should be fine with a credit card. You probably don't "get it" because you hear about people having balances month to month on their cards and paying interest. Doesn't sound like you would have a problem with that as you can't overspend with a debit card.

You don't need to use the credit card, but it would be good to have to:

a) Build a credit history
    b) Use for emergencies when you don't have access to your bank (i.e., like your situation now with the PJ tickets, or for actual emergencies like car trouble, etc)
    c) You get points with credits for cash refunds, flights, etc....(you may have this on your debit card). I'm paying for my hotel stays on this tour with credit card points. Paid no interest, and get my hotel paid for. I like this credit card thing!

I'm really not opposed to the idea.. i've just heard so many horror stories so i've been reluctant.. but i guess it may be time to bite the bullet.. i really should have had one already with how much i seem to be flying these days..
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    If you are with family and you have money somewhere cant they lend you their card? Something?