Bad feeling about Indy show

Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I'm getting the feeling that the Indy show ticket situation is going to be similar to chicago 1 '09. Closest show to the large chicago fan base and the impression I am getting from numerous threads it sounds like lots and lots of people are planning on going.

Be prepared to be disappointed on seats again. Not that this is a bad thing but there shouldn't be any surprises this time. However I'm sure the bitching and complaining post show will no doubt arise again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'd be more nervous about tickets selling out fast than the seats being worse than normal. I think with Chicago they worked out the deal to get way more than the normal TC allotment. Here its just going to be a lot of people trying because its the closest to anything west of, well, Indy (yes, Missouri counts too - but interest seems higher in this show being a Friday and much closer to IL/MI/MN/IA). :)
  • BiomechBiomech Posts: 34
    There are 6000 seats in the pavilion and an estimated 18000 for the lawn area. As long as I'm in the pavilion again I'll be happy!
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    isn't it possible they'll set up chairs and wire-tire them together for the GA seats? so there are more assigned seats?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
    amethgr8 wrote:
    isn't it possible they'll set up chairs and wire-tire them together for the GA seats? so there are more assigned seats?
    Not for the lawn - maybe that little pit area they use now, but they won't do that in the lawn... would sell way less tickets hat way.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    this new tour announcement method is flat out shit. very little advance notice... 10 dates at a time not giving any hint on future venuesI think they are purposely doing this to create ticket demand. meaning announce all the shows NOT Chicagoland now so you go buy all the off major market seats, heck even major market seats, in a month they announce some alpine dates etc AFTER you already shelled out the cash for Indy/St. Louis. I love seeing them, but they are making planning ahead almost impossible now-a-days.

Sure you can save up, and I do, but you can easily blow your wad traveling thinking this is your only chance to see them in your region, then they throw out 3 more closer dates a month later. Not cool

how hard is it to release the first leg with: a tentative dates to follow in Chicago, Milwaukee etc message below it?
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    how hard is it to release the first leg with: a tentative dates to follow in Chicago, Milwaukee etc message below it?
    They've been crazy vague with tour dates since 2003 and to a certain extent even then... I guess I just roll with it.

plus - we know they won't tour again until Aug/Sept and that's a massive IF. So there's a good 3 months in-between to replenish the funds I guess. :)