pearl jam - the new real reality

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited March 2010 in The Porch
they havent changed at all - they are still pearl jam and they are awesome. i think the 'new' pj has been over analysed to the point where it's not even really true ... they are no different on stage now and their music is from them still. They hold the same views as they did 20 yrs ago - i think the only difference is they are probably a little more content now.

imo
cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    luke. wrote:
    they havent changed at all - they are still pearl jam and they are awesome. i think the 'new' pj has been over analysed to the point where it's not even really true ... they are no different on stage now and their music is from them still. They hold the same views as they did 20 yrs ago - i think the only difference is they are probably a little more content now.

imo
    cheers
    I'll go along with that....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    luke. wrote:

imo
    cheers

Disagree a bit. Feel that the anger that EV held for so long, is lessened.

I'm pretty sure we are all a bit different than we were 20 years ago.

And yes they are still awesome and they are still Pearl Jam. I don't see EV stage diving and climbing the rafters every night like he used to. If nothing else, that has changed.

Plus BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Dude.....they're older and I'm sure he would love to do those things still but would rather keep his hip.

Stop complaining and enjoy the fact that they are the last ones standing from the respected grundge era.

They play anything and everything on any given night.

That's the problem with this message board....too much complaining.
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Ive only started going to shows since 2006. But thats around the time the band started giving off a 'love and peace' sorta vibe. I think its my favourite part of seeing pearl jam. On the buisness side, If they didnt start to do something different after riot act. Theyre popularity wouldve kept decreasing to the point where we wouldnt get to have TV performances and interviews to look foward to.

That being said. I would love the next album to be difficult like binaural or riot act, rather than straight foward like Avocado and backspacer.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • luke. wrote:

imo
    cheers

gimme a break. you needed to start a new thread for this? "hey everyone look at me!". :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125499

I never said they have changed as people. I said their business model has changed to remain relevant in the existent musical climate they now find themselves in, not to mention their personal situations.

It's evolution baby.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    Old boss....Same as the new boss....
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!