Question about Jude Law and PJ on SNL

meveretmeveret Posts: 110
edited March 2010 in The Porch
What the heck was up with Jude dissing Ed on the handslap on SNL. He seems like a real cocky prick to me, but a decent actor. It looked like Ed was still clapping when Jude went for a hand slap and Jude like couldnt be bothered to wait for Ed to slap him back and just left him hanging..... Now normally I wouldn't think anything of it but Law has been known to be quite a prick so I have to wonder. I think it also could have simply been a joke between them as later they shook hands but I couldn't tell, and am pretty confused. What do you guys think?
Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
Albany NY 5/12/2006
Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    cocky prick
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• tubes10stubes10s Posts: 529
    pretty obvious that it was just a joke. jude law did that to several people right along with eddie right there in a span of a couple of seconds, then they all laughed about it.
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • meveretmeveret Posts: 110
    Thats a pretty shitty joke to play on someone on live tv. He's even more of a tool than I thought.
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Lighten up. You wouldn't care if he did it to any other band, human, cast member, musician, etc. God forbid he does it to your hero. I really doubt Ed cares and neither should you.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think Ed's big enough to handle a stupid joke like that.
    Don't worry.
    Ed's fans could pulverize Jude's fans. ;)
    :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    I could be way wrong and hopefully someone has a better memory than I do but I think something similar happened to another guest one time and it made a bit of news so I'm thinking it was an in joke?
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I was at the dress rehearsal and Jude Law was sitting 10 ft from the band while they did just breathe and was fixated on the performance. It was clear he is a fan. This is just a fact and trust me I am not a Jude Law guy
  • doubtful but maybe Jude was chapped Jerry loaned his private jet to Ed instead of him or that Pearl Jam should'a closed with Come Back & the fact that he's owed another song b'coz Ashley Simpson's jig.
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
    Ok so when I responded a few minutes ago I was in the midst of watching the episode for the first time on my DVR so I didn't see what you were talking about. I just got up to the handslap "incident" you are referring to. After watching it, I feel the need to question if you are blind or diagnosed with some sort of mental condition. Are you serious with this? Did you notice that about 2 seconds later Jude turned around, laughed and then they hugged? Were you so incensed that this "cocky prick" snubbed your hero that your eyes were closed and you didn't see your hero laughing about it?
    Well, well, well.... from your tone it's clear you suffer from the same smug prick disease as Mr. Law. Don't tell me how I feel or who my heroes are. I love PJ but that doesn't mean I love Eddie Vedder. There are some things I really like about him and some things I really dislike about him. If Jude did do that to screw with anybody I'd say the same thing. And yes I see you are ASSuming that I didn't see the end of the video either which I did, which is why I think it was possibly a joke as well. Eddie seemed embarrassed about it at first so I wondered, and judging by Mr. Law's track record he can be quite the ass. Whose incensed youre the one freaking out lol.

Ok so when I responded a few minutes ago I was in the midst of watching the episode for the first time on my DVR so I didn't see what you were talking about. I just got up to the handslap "incident" you are referring to. After watching it, I feel the need to question if you are blind or diagnosed with some sort of mental condition. Are you serious with this? Did you notice that about 2 seconds later Jude turned around, laughed and then they hugged? Were you so incensed that this "cocky prick" snubbed your hero that your eyes were closed and you didn't see your hero laughing about it?
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
    meveret wrote:
    Well, well, well.... from your tone it's clear you suffer from the same smug prick disease as Mr. Law. Don't tell me how I feel or who my heroes are. I love PJ but that doesn't mean I love Eddie Vedder. There are some things I really like about him and some things I really dislike about him. If Jude did do that to screw with anybody I'd say the same thing. And yes I see you are ASSuming that I didn't see the end of the video either which I did, which is why I think it was possibly a joke as well. Eddie seemed embarrassed about it at first so I wondered, and judging by Mr. Law's track record he can be quite the ass. Whose incensed youre the one freaking out lol.

Hahaha...I have smug prick disease because I pointed out how ridiculous it was that you were ragging on Jude Law for not high fiving ed?

And what track record are you talking about?
    Well to be fair it was pretty much everything about you're post, not just that you pointed it out. :D
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    meveret wrote:

Hahaha...I have smug prick disease because I pointed out how ridiculous it was that you were ragging on Jude Law for not high fiving ed?

And what track record are you talking about?

Are you the real Jude Law?????
    The track record is him screwing his nanny, the guy is obviously a creep, why am I even having to answer this question. You just assume so much before you post its disgusting.
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
    @bry321f11

dude im wondering the same thing this guy seems to have a real hard-on for him, the minute i put him down this guy had his panties in a bunch
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • holy make a huge deal out of nothing batman! looked like he was already turning away when ed put his hands out.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    You need to back off anyhow....
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
    I really know very little about the guy, nor do I care to, I just think it's funny when an actor, journalist or other musician has anything remotely negative to say about the band...people on here instantly hate that person, band or publication. My response has little to do with Jude Law and more about how people around here obsess over every aspect of the band and take everything so personal. This thread reminds me of something I would imagine to be on a Twilight or Backstreet Boys message board.
  • there was like, what, 25+ people all around him? when you're in a situation like that, it's hard to focus on just one person.
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I really think you all are wrong. Here's how I saw it:

- Jude tries to give everyone a "you da man" point.
    - Ed mistakes the point for a "gimme five", and tries to give Jude five.
    - Ed waits for Jude to come back around.
    - Jude comes back to Ed and doesn't understand that Ed was trying to give him five.
    - They shake hands.

End of story. They are two people who obviously respect each other and just wrapped up a long night (and week). A little misunderstanding is understandable.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • I think it was a continuation of the promo they filmed where the one cast member says "I dig your accent", Jude Law responds "thanks" and the cast member says "no I was talking to him (Ed)" and then they high five.

But come on, even without that, it was OBVIOUSLY a joke (or just a miscue), as they both laughed and hugged after it happened.

Come on, are we really sinking this low? :shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    To me it looked like any of the many times I've gone to shake a friends hand and they want a hug, or you go to fist bump and they want a high five.

Jude Law a prick? Did you actually watch him? Its clear as day he doesn't take himself seriously. He let them write a joke about his illegitimate love child. Come on!
  • LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,208
    Towards the very end you can see Boom sucker punch Jude Law. It was awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaMZS8jB2BA

:o
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
    You seemed like you cared quite a bit about him so I had to ask. I should preface by saying I already disliked Jude Law so if I took it personally that would have been why. There are plenty of actors that I would have been more willing to give the benefit of doubt to but with that prick I had to ask. If Eddie had been a prick to him and Jude had done that back I would have said Ed deserved it. A lot of stuff Ed does pisses me off actually, I'm still pissed at him for firing Dave A! In this case though my dislike of Jude Law outweighs anything else so suck on that he he he

I really know very little about the guy, nor do I care to, I just think it's funny when an actor, journalist or other musician has anything remotely negative to say about the band...people on here instantly hate that person, band or publication. My response has little to do with Jude Law and more about how people around here obsess over every aspect of the band and take everything so personal. This thread reminds me of something I would imagine to be on a Twilight or Backstreet Boys message board.
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I am pretty sure it was a joke relating to the SNL commercial that aired where the SNL guy said "I love your accent man" and Jude Law responds with "Oh, thank you!" and the guy goes "No, I mean him" and points at Ed, and then he and Ed high-5 as Ed says "Oh, thanks man".

C'mon, the commercial aired a ton of times...surely more people saw it?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"