Does anyone know when Pearl Jam does soundcheck?

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Does anyone know? Does the whole band go out or is it just Eddie? Has anyone seen them do soundcheck? I'd love to check them out doing soundcheck at the Hartford show and maybe possibly have them sign Backspacer for me. I know that sounds impossible to happen but I'd at least like to hear their soundcheck.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Most bands perform soundcheck after 2pm, as late as just before doors. I saw them soundcheck at MSG in '08.

A band doesn't need to soundcheck though. Their techs often take care of that if they don't want to show up for it. EG: PJ didn't soundcheck at MSG in '98... their first time in the venue too.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • im sure on the european tour last year it was about 4-5 oclock they soundchecked. could hear them soundchecking waiting in the park in berlin just about over the sound system set up in the park and london o2 in the queue too!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Hey Newch91, come early to Hartford, catch the soundcheck, then rock out to Band of Horses before the main act. You won't regret it. You might caught such gems as Footsteps and Hard to Imagine, as I have at soundchecks over the years.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Actually, the only soundchecks Ive heard were outdoor venues now that I think about it.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    im sure on the european tour last year it was about 4-5 oclock they soundchecked. could hear them soundchecking waiting in the park in berlin just about over the sound system set up in the park and london o2 in the queue too!
    true that..in berlin we have lound the music in 10c bar..in Rotterdam was around 4..u listen via toilets :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    They did their own sound check in Toronto last year around 3ish.
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • im sure on the european tour last year it was about 4-5 oclock they soundchecked. could hear them soundchecking waiting in the park in berlin just about over the sound system set up in the park and london o2 in the queue too!
    true that..in berlin we have lound the music in 10c bar..in Rotterdam was around 4..u listen via toilets :lol:

i loved the 10c bit last year in berlin. not going 10c this year though. just GA. wonder if it will be the same?
    im sure on the european tour last year it was about 4-5 oclock they soundchecked. could hear them soundchecking waiting in the park in berlin just about over the sound system set up in the park and london o2 in the queue too!

i loved the 10c bit last year in berlin. not going 10c this year though. just GA. wonder if it will be the same?
    bet your money on it!10c bar,all Freaks together,,the quote crazy thing...what a great venue.. :)
    u was there when the band arrive and ed wave us via bars,and all was shouting like crazy?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • yes i was! i was sat down on the sand area! and saw the car pull up! and jumped on the ledge but the tree and the little gate to get to into it!! i have all pics from my 3 shows on my facebook! you might be on 1 or 2!!
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I think the last few tours PJ has soundchecked around 4PM. For Philly we could hear it through the doors - anyone know fi you can hear the soundcheck at other indoor venues like the Garden? I know with MSG the actual arena is tucked away making it much harder to hear.
    yes i was! i was sat down on the sand area! and saw the car pull up! and jumped on the ledge but the tree and the little gate to get to into it!! i have all pics from my 3 shows on my facebook! you might be on 1 or 2!!
    i m watching them right now ;)