Question re: the stage at Quicken Loans Arena -

mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I noticed the stage at the Q Arena is in the center, does that mean the seats in back of the stage will also be sold ? Or do they somehow block it off ? Can anyone help. Thank you,
********************************************************************************************* image
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Depends if they use a backdrop.
    Sometimes they sell the ones behind the stage in ticket drop closer to the show.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,389
    mikalina wrote:
    I noticed the stage at the Q Arena is in the center, does that mean the seats in back of the stage will also be sold ? Or do they somehow block it off ? Can anyone help. Thank you,

It's always been at the end when I've been there....
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    It'll be at the end. Pretty sure they'll close the seats behind/use a backrop unless tickets sell fast, then they'll open it up.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Bearfan80Bearfan80 Posts: 221
    I would say they will not sell tickets behind the stage, if so how bad would it suck to have PJ's back to you the entire show? At least you could still listen.
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2011- Detroit, MI (EV Solo Show)
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    CC279770 wrote:
    I would say they will not sell tickets behind the stage, if so how bad would it suck to have PJ's back to you the entire show? At least you could still listen.

Behind the stage is equally stimulating.
    75 bux to sit behind the stage? I'll pass on that....
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    CC279770 wrote:

I've been to plenty of PJ shows where seats behind the stage were used. I've never seen a PJ show from that point of view, but think it would be interesting.

I seem to recall people sitting behind the stage for the 2003 show at this venue (when it was Gund Arena), but not in 2006 when they had a backdrop.
  • wheelzwheelz Posts: 26
    That center stage setup was listed as being for the Jonas Brothers at one site I saw. PJ will be an end stage setup.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 00, Detroit 03, Detroit 06, Chicago 09, EV Detroit 11, Wrigley Field 13
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    CC279770 wrote:
    I saw the Boss from behind the stage, it was really cool! They all turned around during most songs (except the Big Man, but he could barely move at that point)... I definitely prefer that to the other side of the arena.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Interesting, sounds cool then. I just figured it would be a bad angle to see a show!
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • I sat behind the stage in Chicago '03....one of the best shows ever. They turned around every song and actually came back and acknowledged the behind stage showgoers!! 8-)
  • CB1279CB1279 Posts: 134
    My first PJ show in East Lansing in 1998 I was behind the stage with 10C tickets. It wasn't that bad. Last time I was at Quicken Loans for PJ the stage was at the end and nobody was sitting behind the stage.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

It's always been at the end when I've been there....

So, the "stage" is pushed back, that would be nice. Thanks :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thank you everyone, it will be interesting to see what will happen. Hope to see lots of PJ fans there !!