Concert Posters: Upcoming Tour - Quick Question

KrautMcfriendKrautMcfriend Posts: 20
edited March 2010 in The Porch
When I was younger, I always admired the PJ posters for the individual concerts they put out at each venue I visited. But, due to being 18 and not 28 like now- I never thought of purchasing one as a beautiful framed piece of eye candy for my home.

So, my question, though I do realize all venues are different and other factors like the popularity and how it attracts fans at that particular show are variables is this:

Do these posters "usually" sell out by the end of the concert on average, or are they available usually after the show also.

My question is raised due to not wanting to damage the poster in any way during the show, and afterwards it would be a lot more convenient...

Again, yes they could always sell out, etc. I got it folks! Just wondering on past experience if they "tend" to sell out more than not...I would NOT be surprised if they do, my God- just look at them!

See you in K.C. PJ & friends- it's about time! :P
Rock Pearl Jam, Rock The Vote...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,389
    In the past, they have typically sold out well before the show. That being said, I think they've printed a lot more because the past tour, there were posters available on the way out. A lot of people bring cardboard tubes and roll their posters up inside them to keep them safe during the show.

Also, for the last tour, they sold posters before the tour and you could pre-order them for the shows that you had 10c tickets for.

Hope that helps...
  • THANKS!...what a great response! Thanks friend.

Do they let you bring in poster tubes to shows- or is there a good way to sneak 'em in?

And if we can pre-order these posters, what a great idea!

Again- thank you so much! I'm so excited and eager to see the guys play, for due to their recent choices in cities to play in, along with the fact that I just graduated and therefore haven't had the money while in college to travel away from KC- I have not seen them since the Vote 4 Change tour back in 2004 in St. Louis! It's been tough not seeing them during their last two albums, considering the absolute awe I am in because of how good their last two albums have been...KC is coming up! Now if I could just obtain a job with this damn degree... ;)
  • last year they sold tubes for 3 dollars i think
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,389
    THANKS!...what a great response! Thanks friend.

Do they let you bring in poster tubes to shows- or is there a good way to sneak 'em in?

And if we can pre-order these posters, what a great idea!

Again- thank you so much! I'm so excited and eager to see the guys play, for due to their recent choices in cities to play in, along with the fact that I just graduated and therefore haven't had the money while in college to travel away from KC- I have not seen them since the Vote 4 Change tour back in 2004 in St. Louis! It's been tough not seeing them during their last two albums, considering the absolute awe I am in because of how good their last two albums have been...KC is coming up! Now if I could just obtain a job with this damn degree... ;)

You're welcome. Most venues seem to let people in with tubes. I can't vouch for all venues tho. It sounds like you are overdue for a show. Enjoy whatever shows you make it to to the fullest. :) Don't give up the job search, something will come your way.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    ah posters... if I cant attend any shows (looks like the case) I'll atleast have other ways to waste all my $$$ :mrgreen:

hope ames gets a good chunk of the work!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • They sell tubes there? YES! They have my $3...they better donate a buck from the poster 'n tube combo to Haiti though...LOL!

PEACE!