So pearl jam amazes again...

capecodriotcapecodriot Posts: 340
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Outstanding performance by the boys once again, cannot wait to hear backspacer songs live, really flawless last night, I'm stoked for may!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    Meh, they did ok. Didn't seem to me like the most inspired of performances, and in my opinion Eddie sounded a bit flat and uninterested. But I never think any of these tv-performances by any band sound good.
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    Outstanding performance by the boys once again, cannot wait to hear backspacer songs live, really flawless last night, I'm stoked for may!

I thought they sounded great as well. Eddie's voice sounded great to me too. Don't know why one would think it sounds flat. Unthought Known was fucking amazing! Great job by the greatest band! :clap:
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    Meh, they did ok. Didn't seem to me like the most inspired of performances, and in my opinion Eddie sounded a bit flat and uninterested. But I never think any of these tv-performances by any band sound good.

How did it now seem like an inspired performance? I don't understand your thought process on that one at all. Every one of them was rocking out on Unthought Known. Stone and Mike look as inspired as they could be if you ask me. Same with Ed and Jeff too. I didn't really see Matt, but I doubt Matt has many uninspired performances. and of course Boom doesn't get uninspired! :lol:
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,797
    Op

be careful

saying good things about the band ( especially when it's true) is taboo around here

be careful ........ Their watching us
  • AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    glb wrote:

How did it now seem like an inspired performance? I don't understand your thought process on that one at all. Every one of them was rocking out on Unthought Known. Stone and Mike look as inspired as they could be if you ask me. Same with Ed and Jeff too. I didn't really see Matt, but I doubt Matt has many uninspired performances. and of course Boom doesn't get uninspired! :lol:

It's all in the eyes 8-)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    They were very amazing with a very all grown up style about them now right down to the clothes choices. Classy performance. I really dug it and it was so nice to see Boom with them who I thought looked extra handsome.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853

I think that it was arguably the best performance in PJ history. Hopefully their next album has a similar feel to Backspacer because Backspacer is fucking awesome.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Op

be careful

saying good things about the band ( especially when it's true) is taboo around here

Don´t tell anyone - but I too think the band was great last night - they looked really inspired. looking forward to hear those two songs i Berlin ;)
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • RS5479RS5479 Posts: 3
    I thought the PJ performance was good. The worst part was suffering through SNL to wait for PJ to play. It's amazing that show is still on the air.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,485
    CROJAM95 wrote:

whoa.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    I happen to agree-the rust showed.
    Just breathe was good as usual, but the tempo in unthought known was a bit off and EV flubbed the lyrics.

No matter, I still enjoyed the performances.
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    Op

be careful

positivity nazis are coming to your address to enforce the positivity!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I thought they sounded good, especially on Unthought Known. I'm finally starting to accept Backspacer in my life.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Yesterday I preferred Just Breathe (although UK is a better song imho), U.K. somehow didn't amaze me, either,
    yes, Ed kinda sang a bit rusty:-( , but the others were awesome!
    @ Conan in June Got Some didn't work for me , either for the very same reasons...
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Yes they did awesome on SNL, Eddie's voice sounded flawless and I now have WAY more respect for unthoughtknown after hearing it last night.
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    I thought "Just Breathe" was a poor choice, especially as the FIRST of the two songs. I'm FAR from a Backspacer-hater, I absolutely love the album and love "Just Breathe" in the context of the album, but it didn't work for me on SNL last night. "Unthought Known" was better, although there was a fire lacking from both performances. But I'm pretty sure we all realize the difference between a 2-song TV performance and a 30-song live show packed with all us PJ geeks. They were playing to a different crowd basically, and it seemed like they knew it and adapted accordingly. So be it.

My favorite part was seeing Eddie and Jerry Seinfeld acting all chummy at the end...lots of talent under that roof last night!
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    don't know what was so amazing about the performance. it looked like they were doing a job to me. just breathe is an average song at best. that's being generous. unthought known is one of the few really good songs on the new album, and yet they don't seem to be able to play it right. can they slow it down just once?

...that said, i don't want to be too hard on them. i'm rarely impressed by tv studio performances no matter who the band is.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    edited March 2010
    I thought Boom looked absolutely ripped yesterday. He must be working out.
    Post edited by over bends on
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• CROJAM95 wrote:

they're
  • RiotZact wrote:
    Yes they did awesome on SNL, Eddie's voice sounded flawless

You must have been watching a different broadcast than I was.