NO DETROIT?

stevehomeairstevehomeair Posts: 318
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Things are worse than when they played in 2006..WE COULD USE SOME UPLIFT MOJO PARTY PLAN!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ereeper1ereeper1 Posts: 233
    I don't think they will be going back to Pine Knob. The band was pretty pissed how fan club tickets were handled. I think the Palace sounds terrible compared to Grand Rapids. Now that is my wish for the next Michigan show. Maybe we will get one in 2011.
  • givenfliersgivenfliers Posts: 144
    how were they handled
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    Season ticket holders dominated the front. I have number 197### and I was around row LL - they start in the single letters. "Fans" in the front were not into it and just there to see a free show on the corporate dime. Crowd was lame. Too bad cause I'm from Detroit area and would love to see them back but can understand why they wouldn't make the trip after the last couple shows.
    I did enjoy the free tickets on the hill for the second night. That show is in my top 3.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    The lack of a Detroit show was the biggest surprise to me given the geography of this short tour. I thought Grand Rapids had a shot too. The lack of a show anywhere in Michigan was completely shocking to me.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    I guess it is not much of a shock to me. Grand Rapids got spoiled by back to back shows. However, Indy hasn't had a show in 7 years while GR has only been four. As long as it's in driving distance, I'll find one to go to on every tour.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I was surprised with the lack any date for Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois. What a great Midwest tour, eh? :roll:
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • I'm surprised that there's no Detroit show on Saturday.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    They should go to Cobo!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
    I'm not surprised about no Saturday show. I think the band needs the days off. Give them a little rest so that the shows rock. I'd hate to see them turn into one of those 90 minute set list bands. Let 'em have a bit of down time for those 30+ song set lists. This tour will rock. Just fill up your tank and drive a little. I live in Michigan and I drove to Chicago last summer and I'm driving to my 3rd Indy show. I don't gripe, I rock!
  • MY FAVorite shows we're in the last row believe it or not..You think the band really gives a shat who is sitting where? Rail Riding is just a yuppie staus im cooler than you a biger fan look at my fan club # I personally like people who just discoverd the band and ask question about what song is this and are not trying to compete with who can sing louder!!! wake the bleep up people..the band sees everyone a faceless # and if your fortunate to meet them..I never met any of them...And I feel like i can talk to them and they listen to my complaints..peace but wtf do I know?
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    I think you missed the point stevehomeair. Of course the band doesn't care who is sitting where, but I do believe the band cares if their fan club is treated well by the venue. In this case it wasn't since the first 25 rows or so were not allocated to fan club members - hell, not even individual paying customers in many cases since it is corporate season ticket holders. This is a pavilion so 25 rows = half the seats. So you have many people in the front with free tickets who are there because they had nothing else going on that night. Makes for a lame audience - which a band does care about. Eddie makes a few references in that show to the "real fans" being in the back and used the second encore to blast all the corporate sponsors. The second show Eddie also mentions all the assholes in front the previous night. But from bad rises good - as ereeper1 pointed out - all the fan club members were given two FREE lawn tickets to the second night for the shitty way the venue did things. Or maybe it was just a sign of poor ticket sales and that's why they haven't been back to Detroit since. :D