Surprised theres no Toronto date...

DirectionOfTheEyeDirectionOfTheEye Posts: 40
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I'm not complaining, I just thought after the August show last year we would get another date after the album was released...and they always shoot up to Toronto when they're close...I guess not this time. August was a great show, I guess we'll have to be happy with that up here...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I thought they'd play SOMEWHERE in Florida when the 'South' tour was announced, but to my misfortune,they didn't! =/
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,485
    I hope & crossing my finger's that the rumored 20th anni show's coming back from the European show's this summer they will do atleast 1 or 2 Canadian show's. Vancouver was the only Canadian city that got the Backspacer treatment. Other parts of Canada want's a piece of the action, baby! :mrgreen:
  • demetrios wrote:
    I hope & crossing my finger's that the rumored 20th anni show's coming back from the European show's this summer they will do atleast 1 or 2 Canadian show's. Vancouver was the only Canadian city that got the Backspacer treatment. Other parts of Canada want's a piece of the action, baby! :mrgreen:

as a fellow Canuck, we both know, unfortunately, that this is less likely than me winning the $30 million tonight.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    demetrios wrote:

as a fellow Canuck, we both know, unfortunately, that this is less likely than me winning the $30 million tonight.

I know!

george_costanza_eatin_onions.png

:(
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Did you listen to the Toronto bootleg? Let's just say I'm ashamed to be from Toronto after listening to that crowd.
  • NO DETROIT? since 2006 was a success in my books and the economy and no work...p.s. I've been outta work since June 2006.....
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Did you listen to the Toronto bootleg? Let's just say I'm ashamed to be from Toronto after listening to that crowd.
    Were you there or are you just judging by the boot. The crowd was amazing.....AMAZING

Also - Adding a Canadian Show is not just as simple as booking a venue. You also have to apply for a permit to work in Canada (for the band and everyone in the crew) and Make arrangements for the Equipment/Crew to cross the border.

You also then have to ensure the Canadian Government gets their share, so you have to complete Canadian Taxes for everyone in the crew.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Were you there or are you just judging by the boot. The crowd was amazing.....AMAZING

Also - Adding a Canadian Show is not just as simple as booking a venue. You also have to apply for a permit to work in Canada (for the band and everyone in the crew) and Make arrangements for the Equipment/Crew to cross the border.

You also then have to ensure the Canadian Government gets their share, so you have to complete Canadian Taxes for everyone in the crew.

Cursed taxes! I hate the fool who invented taxes! If only I had a time machine, head back in time & stop this blashemy from ever happening.

The crowd in Toronto last August was amazing! If you're judging the audio of the event by the bootleg mix, then you're missing out.
  • demetrios wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

Cursed taxes! I hate the fool who invented taxes! If only I had a time machine, head back in time & stop this blashemy from ever happening.

The crowd in Toronto last August was amazing! If you're judging the audio of the event by the bootleg mix, then you're missing out.

I concur. I was at Toronto last year and the crowd was great. And I have seen some their most jizzed over shows. I loved the venue and the city!!

Sorry you guys aren't getting a date--but who knows, maybe it will come out later? Wouldn't be the first time they trickled out extra dates.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • mikeyb46mikeyb46 Posts: 44
    I agree last summers toronto show ..the crowd was amazing ...can't judge by the boot had too be there in person

Toronto / Sept 21/96 -Barrie/aug 22/98- Auburn Hills, /oct 07 /00
    Grand Rapids /oct 03/04 -London/sept 12/05-Hamilton /sept 13/05
    Toronto/sept 19/05 -Toronto/ may 09/06 - Toronto/aug 21/09- Hamilton /sept 15 /11
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    this is liek someone from philly bitching that there's no philly date. just as they can easily get to nyc, you torontonians can easily get to buffalo.

people from texas reading this thread probably want to kill you.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    this is liek someone from philly bitching that there's no philly date. just as they can easily get to nyc, you torontonians can easily get to buffalo.

people from texas reading this thread probably want to kill you.

Why? Texas got Austin City Limits 10/4/09 & an intimate show broadcasted live around the world on TV via Austin City Limits 10/3/09. Austin is in Texas right? They got 2 show's on the Backspacer tour. Toronto got one show that only displayed 2 Backspacer tracks.

Feel my pain. I live in Atlantic Canada. The closest port of North America to Europe where everyday a star, an artist, a businessman flies over our heads each day directly to Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto (cities only the rest of the world know's of that's part of Canada) & they don't get a chance to stop by a day or so & play here, in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island & Newfoundland. That hurts alot! :(
    I was at the show last year. I agree it was great. I loved it. The bootleg is just disappointing.

Maybe I need to stop listening to European bootlegs.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Maybe I need to stop listening to European bootlegs.
    u are not the one has this problem..the Berlin cd want to kick my ass if i put it once more to play..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    u are not the one has this problem..the Berlin cd want to kick my ass if i put it once more to play..

It's that good huh? I only have the dvd, but have Berlin 06' on cd. That's a great bootleg as well.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Red Lukin wrote:

It's that good huh? I only have the dvd, but have Berlin 06' on cd. That's a great bootleg as well.
    believe..is thaaaaaaaaaaaat...GOOD ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,037
    mikeyb46 wrote:
    I agree last summers toronto show ..the crowd was amazing ...can't judge by the boot had too be there in person

I agree, the crowd was incredible that night. I think being an outdoor venue, the bootlegs don't capture the crowd noise the same way an indoor show does.
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    demetrios wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

Agreed the crowd was TOTALLY into it!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You Toronto folks got a show last year and Buffalo is close by this year. I was considering Buffalo, but it's just too far.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • YES I WAS THERE and the boot will explain for the hardcore fans..peace