Things to do in KC

.lovethepj..lovethepj. Posts: 119
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Hey Everyone!

Plan on going out to KC for the first time...any suggestions as what to see or do, or great places to eat? Thanks!!!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EtnixEtnix Posts: 50
    right across the street from the sprint center is the "power and light district". Lots of great places to eat and drink. No need to really go far from the venue.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Grinders Pizza
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • .lovethepj..lovethepj. Posts: 119
    Power and Light district...cool. Also, any suggestions where to stay? I'm looking at Hotel Phillips, but I'm not sure of any other nice hotels close by. Thanks for the ideas!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • EtnixEtnix Posts: 50
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Grinders Pizza

grinders is also very cool and close to the sprint center.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i love KC & used to live not too far in Lawrence. grinder's is great & here a a couple of other suggestions:
    the bottoms art district usually has some great showings. lots of amazing local artists if you're into that kind of thing. i love minsky's pizza....and i always make a point to go to the Peanut when i'm in town. (best bar food i've ever had...their wings are HUGE) tons of great pubs. The Plaza has some cool shops. there used to be a ton of record stores just across State Line Rd (on the Missouri side), but sadly most of them have closed. i know that Streetside Records is still there and you may find a deal or 2 there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • My dad lived in Kansas City for a while, so I have spent a lot of time there. If you are interested in sports or baseball I would recommend the Negro League Baseball Museum and Chappel's sports bar (voted one of the best in the USA). There is also one of the only World War One Monuments that has some interesting history involved. I would also check out the Sports Complex that has Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium next to one another. I have not checked the schedule, but the Royals may even have a game going on!!!!
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009 / Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009 / Sprint Center - May 03, 2010
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010 / Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010