Buffalo NY

elderlywomanelderlywoman Posts: 8
edited March 2010 in The Porch
With so many major cities within only a few hours ( Niagara Falls, Toronto, Hamilton, Rochester, Cleveland and Pittsburgh) I am afraid this show will sellout almost immediately. How was it getting tickets to the last Toronto show? I am really kicking myself for not renewing my Ten Club membership until, well, now!

By the way, Buffalo gets a bad rep, but it is a really kickass little city and anyone coming to town will have a great time! Bars are open until 4am and the Sabres should be well on their way into their Stanley Cup run so the town will be jumpin! GO SABRES!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The public on sale tickets for the last show at the Molson Ampitheatre sold out REAL fast, and was a pretty difficult ticket to get. I'm not sure if this will sell out as quickly, but could.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    who is selling the tickets? In 03 I think it was www.tickets.com for the HSBC Arena...is that still the case?
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Rossum20 wrote:
    who is selling the tickets? In 03 I think it was http://www.tickets.com for the HSBC Arena...is that still the case?

All the info is here:

http://www.hsbcarena.com/events.asp?eventID=31

You're right it's tickets.com.
  • RD171825RD171825 Posts: 443
    Toronto in 09 sold out real fast, a few friends of mine who were able to get tickets through the Edge 102 presale were only able to pull lawns right when they went on sale. Is 103.3 having a presale? or maybe 97.7 in St. Catherines?
  • I am not sure about any pre-sales...how is it getting tickets post sellout? Will stub hub have anything or will i just be out of luck?
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    This is my first experience buying tickets, you're getting me paranoid bro.
  • Sorry, its just that i know how Buffalo crowds can be for certain events and how hard it can be to get tickets. Point in Fact, The Boss chose Buffalo for his last show ever...

Also there are those 8 million pesky Canadians right over the border.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    staying near the venue... good idea?? bad idea??

what hotels or area for hotels do you suggest?
  • There are plenty of hotels downtown. I would say try for the Holiday Inn or the Hampton Inn, Both are on Delaware Avenue and close to night life. Easy access to the metro rail which will bring you right to the doorstep of the arena.
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Sorry, its just that i know how Buffalo crowds can be for certain events and how hard it can be to get tickets. Point in Fact, The Boss chose Buffalo for his last show ever...

Also there are those 8 million pesky Canadians right over the border.

The Boss retired? IN Buffalo? When the hell did that happen?
  • I could be wrong...that was the rumor at least. i didn't go to the show but i remember thinking its pretty cool he chose buffalo for his last show.
  • RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    I didn't have any trouble getting tickets in 2003 for Buffalo or to Toronto in 2005 and 2006.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • IndycatIndycat Posts: 1
    I also did not have any problems getting tickets for previous shows in Buffalo, Hamilton or Rochester.

As far as Hotels are concerned, the Hyatt is an 10 minute walk to the arena or a 4-5 minute metrorail ride. Also there is a Comfort Suites in the same area that has rates for under $100. Both are right next to the Chippewa Bar strip and a number of restaurants.
    *Rochester 04-07-1994**Buffalo 10-01-1996**Buffalo 05-02-2003**Toledo 10-02-2004**Hamilton 9-13-2005**

Cleveland 5-20-2006
    Please give us a Buffalo 06 show cause we make the best mozzarella
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    You could always head down toward Niagara Falls and find a motel for about $35. But I wouldn't recommend it.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    RockMama wrote:
    I didn't have any trouble getting tickets in 2003 for Buffalo or to Toronto in 2005 and 2006.
    Indycat wrote:
    I also did not have any problems getting tickets for previous shows in Buffalo, Hamilton or Rochester.

Not saying it's gonna sell out quickly, but you gotta remember tours in the past had many more dates then the dates announced for 2010. Less dates announced means more TC fans at each show.

Plus didn't TM recently put a smaller limit on the # of fan club tix? (I know HSBC is not through TM, but just trying to give reasons on why TC tix could sell out easier these days)