St. Louis CCFA Event or Ten CLub Meet Up St. Louis?

tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Anyone planning on meeting up during the St. Louis show? I live in Soulard in St. Louis. It's an area about a mile from Scott Trade Center. There are bars everywhere and shuttles that go to the Arena. It would be cool to set something up for a Ten Club meet up.
07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    While I'm unable to attend any shows this time around, I encourage you to set something up.

If you're look for beneficiaries for a pre-show fundraiser may I suggest "Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness"...or selfishly, you could help out my CCFA Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis team - The Rolling Crohn's. ;)

Check with the folks at The Wishlist Foundation and let them know you're interested.

I'm around from time to time if you, or anyone else, need help getting something set up.

"Small my table, seats St. Lou!" :D

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    We're working on it,
    We have a place already set up,
    I'm thinking for the beneficiary TTTS twin to twin transfusion syndrome, I lost one of my twins on New Years Eve 2008 when she was just three due to complications from TTTS,

Anyway as soon as we get everything confirmed we will post all the info! :mrgreen:

ETA some info about TTTS
    Established in 1989, The Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation is the first and only international 501c.3. nonprofit organization solely dedicated to providing immediate and lifesaving educational, emotional and financial support to families, medical professionals and other caregivers before, during and after a diagnosis of twin to twin transfusion syndrome. We are dedicated to saving the babies, improving their future health and care, providing NICU, special needs and bereavement support, furthering medical research and keeping families together the way twins are meant to be.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    I'm thinking for the beneficiary TTTS twin to twin transfusion syndrome, I lost one of my twins on New Years Eve 2008 when she was just three due to complications from TTTS,

Mindi...I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad your able to take your experience and turn it into something positive.

Awareness is key.

If nothing else, you've educated me on TTTS today.

Cheers,

Brent
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Thanks Brent,

Yeah just getting more people aware of TTTS is what I love, Most people have never even heard of it,
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    Thanks Brent,

Yeah just getting more people aware of TTTS is what I love, Most people have never even heard of it,

Not too many people knew what CCFA stood for five years ago or knew about Crohn's.

Raise as much awareness as you can.

Cheers to you.

Brent

• Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    So sorry for your loss. Please post the details of the event, and my wife and I will be sure to be there! :-)
    Getting the details worked out and will post everything, I'm hoping, early next week,
    I don't want to post anything for sure yet, until I talk to Laura, but so far it looks like it's going to be at Maggie O'Briens(THANKS STLJOE!)
    And I'm pretty sure the beneficiary is going to be TTTS,
    Can't wait to see everyone there! Me and Melissa already have been planning all kinds of stuff,
    Someone is also working on group rates for a hotel so we'll post that as soon as we know,
    I know Maggie O'Briens has shuttles for Cards and Blues games so I think we're going to look into those,

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions pm me or Melissa (ozarkcoolchic)
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    This is gonna be one heck of party I can tell already. :D
    I hope so!
    We have some pretty sweet donations already! :mrgreen:
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    mindi wrote:
    I hope so!
    We have some pretty sweet donations already! :mrgreen:

Awesome!!!

I'll go threw my stuff and make a donation. :)