Hotels in Columbus, Noblesville

max8700max8700 Posts: 208
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Just an FYI for everyone looking for rooms in these towns: Last night I booked the Westin Columbus (4 stars but mediocre reviews) via Hotwire for $65. In the Brewery District a few blocks south of Nationwide Arena. Lots of good bars and restaurants by hotel and on the way to the arena.

For the next night, I got the Super 8 motel in Noblesville, about 4 miles from Verizon Music Center, for $80, though she said they are running out of rooms quickly. It's a Super 8, but the reviews were great. The hotel that is within walking distance of the venue (the Cambria) increased their price for rooms from $99 to $179 between 2 p.m. yesterday and 8 p.m. Should have booked there when I had the chance....

For those who have been to Verizon before, the hotel clerk told me horror stories about getting in and out and also about the cops sometimes doing sobreity checkpoints and being all-out d*cks. She suggested taking a cab from the hotel and that there is a taxi-stand also at Verizon. Said it would be a little quicker...and much safer if you are planning on drinking. Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Look for hotels in Fishers area near Noblesville...96th St. or 116th St. Lots of quality hotels and most restaurants. VWMC is a lot easier to get in and out of now. It's not like it was 5 years ago
    Before his first step...he is off again!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    I just booked a hotel for the Indy show in the Castleton area. It's about 10 miles from the venue. I got one night at the Days Inn for $53 on priceline.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,627
    max8700 wrote:
    Just an FYI for everyone looking for rooms in these towns: Last night I booked the Westin Columbus (4 stars but mediocre reviews) via Hotwire for $65. In the Brewery District a few blocks south of Nationwide Arena. Lots of good bars and restaurants by hotel and on the way to the arena.

For the next night, I got the Super 8 motel in Noblesville, about 4 miles from Verizon Music Center, for $80, though she said they are running out of rooms quickly. It's a Super 8, but the reviews were great. The hotel that is within walking distance of the venue (the Cambria) increased their price for rooms from $99 to $179 between 2 p.m. yesterday and 8 p.m. Should have booked there when I had the chance....

For those who have been to Verizon before, the hotel clerk told me horror stories about getting in and out and also about the cops sometimes doing sobreity checkpoints and being all-out d*cks. She suggested taking a cab from the hotel and that there is a taxi-stand also at Verizon. Said it would be a little quicker...and much safer if you are planning on drinking. Thoughts?

yeah I got pulled into a sobriety checkpoint for the Yield tour.....luckily I was dressed like a preppie and driving a minivan with my wife and they waved me through but I was blasted
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    max8700 wrote:

yeah I got pulled into a sobriety checkpoint for the Yield tour.....luckily I was dressed like a preppie and driving a minivan with my wife and they waved me through but I was blasted

Wow...good break you caught there.

You seem to know a lot about the area....how is this Castleton area?? Will I have any problems getting in/out fo this place coming from that area?
  • max8700 wrote:

Hey Max,
    When you booked the Westin in Columbus on Hotwire, did it say "Downtown Columbus - Arena District - German Village, 4-star"?
    "you don't have to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring, besides that, they're fascist. Make em' hit groundballs, they're more democratic."

-Crash Davis
    max8700 wrote:

Wow...good break you caught there.

You seem to know a lot about the area....how is this Castleton area?? Will I have any problems getting in/out fo this place coming from that area?

possibly.....if going to the venue from the hotel you could get caught up in rush hour traffic....I would suggest that you leave the hotel around 430 or so then hang out at the mall near the venue....maybe grab something to eat there and then head over to Verizon....that way you'll miss rush hour and miss the venue traffic coming off the interstate

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    max8700 wrote:

Wow. I booked a room at the Cambria Suites in Noblesville for $99 right around 2 pm yesterday. It must have been right before the rate increase.
    Still looking at my options for Columbus.
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    max8700 wrote:

Hey Max,
    When you booked the Westin in Columbus on Hotwire, did it say "Downtown Columbus - Arena District - German Village, 4-star"?

Yep, I turned off all other areas of the map on Hotwire, only kept that one on, and got 3 options. Picked the $65 option. Good luck!
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    Hey Gern, can you park at the mall and then walk to the venue? To avoid the traffic crush? Or would that not even really help since they are so close to each other?
    max8700 wrote:
    Hey Gern, can you park at the mall and then walk to the venue? To avoid the traffic crush? Or would that not even really help since they are so close to each other?

I don't think that would help....there isn't good walking access from the mall

• dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Driving over from the mall to the parking lot shouldn't take that long, that's the way I've gone to shows in the past. The main thing is to avoid the interstate if possible, especially on a Friday night with people going home from work too. The northeast side of Indy is always screwed up even when there isn't a concert.

I can help with directions on some side streets if you need it, just email me and let me know where you're coming from. I live right behind the mall so I'm familiar with the area. You can get from Castleton to the mall without getting on I-69.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley