To sell or not to sell....

shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I own both benny hall and into the wild on vinyl. I'm torn if i should sell them to fund a trip to nyc. I plan on going to Hartford and Boston so it's not like I wont get my fix. There's nothing like msg...right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    shawndyer wrote:
    I own both benny hall and into the wild on vinyl. I'm torn if i should sell them to fund a trip to nyc. I plan on going to Hartford and Boston so it's not like I wont get my fix. There's nothing like msg...right?

Sell! Who gives a shit about "assets"... it's all about experiences!
  • shawndyer wrote:

this is what is called "fishing for offers without committing to the sale"
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
    No it's not just looking for input. I just reread my original post and i did not see anything about offers. Did you?
  • generally when someone does something like this, it is followed by 4 pages of "pm sent" with offers to buy said items. everyone knows that. these are hugely sought-after items in this community. whether the word "offer" was in your post or not, it is obvious to me what was implied.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
    You got me! You can believe what you want. Again I was just looking for input not offers.
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    Sell em. Everyone gets what they want.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• you can't take any stuff with you when you die, but you can lay on your death bed, remember how awesome that pj show was, and smile as you exhale one last time
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    The show you cant replace, the album you could always buy again at some point.

Nuff said.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    shawndyer wrote:
    There's nothing like msg...right?
    Right.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Depends... 'why' do you have the albums? Collecting - therefore not being listened to and increasing in value (with potential to sell when the money is right or when you have an emergency and need money)? Listening to them and therefore these are just two albums like any other?

Case 1 - is it the right time to sell? Is seeing PJ at msg a 'need' (you are potentially seeing them a couple of times) worth parting with your 'investment' now?

Case 2 = If you enjoy listening to them and you get rid of them, will you regret not putting them on your turntable seeing that they will be very difficult and expensive to replace? Will a 2hr show make up for the hours of pleasure you could still get out of them?

Need to think!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just pass my mind for sell my benny and Itw for get some money for Boston + NY but again isnt enough... :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,486
    redrock wrote:
    Depends... 'why' do you have the albums? Collecting - therefore not being listened to and increasing in value (with potential to sell when the money is right or when you have an emergency and need money)? Listening to them and therefore these are just two albums like any other?

Case 1 - is it the right time to sell? Is seeing PJ at msg a 'need' (you are potentially seeing them a couple of times) worth parting with your 'investment' now?

Case 2 = If you enjoy listening to them and you get rid of them, will you regret not putting them on your turntable seeing that they will be very difficult and expensive to replace? Will a 2hr show make up for the hours of pleasure you could still get out of them?

Need to think!

Exactly!

If I were you, take another sacrifice instead of selling the PJ. There's many way's to save up. Cut back on fast foods, restaurant's & parties. Instead of a kegger of beer a week, go for 1 beer or 2 beer's a week. Smoke? Cut that in half. Work after coming back or before seeing Pearl Jam? Make it your focus & take some overtime work. Just buy those ticket's & travel stuff to see them in NYC on your CC. If you sell those ideas, those what you call 'stuff', you will be paying alot for them down the road to get them back. If you payed the cost, bought them on 10club for 30 bucks a pop, why should you pay 400 bucks to get them back that you already had in your hands later on?
  • Its M-S-fraggin-G
    You get goosebumps when PJ comes out at any show, but in NYC your goosebumps are bigger and stay up all night!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Its M-S-fraggin-G

They've played there before and they will play there again. Maybe then the OP will have a bit more spare cash.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    demetrios wrote:
    If I were you, take another sacrifice instead of selling the PJ. There's many way's to save up. Cut back on fast foods, restaurant's & parties. Instead of a kegger of beer a week, go for 1 beer or 2 beer's a week. Smoke? Cut that in half. Work after coming back or before seeing Pearl Jam? Make it your focus & take some overtime work. Just buy those ticket's & travel stuff to see them in NYC on your CC. If you sell those ideas, those what you call 'stuff', you will be paying alot for them down the road to get them back. If you payed the cost, bought them on 10club for 30 bucks a pop, why should you pay 400 bucks to get them back that you already had in your hands later on?

do you need a better advise? Mr this is pure wisdom!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?