tba show please be jones beach.

DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i know ny gets two shows already but i just like the idea of pearl jam and jones beach. i don't know maybe cause i'm close by or the fact that there's more of a chance of oceans being the opener.

whatever more ny shows the better lol.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i support this message.
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    I also would like to see this, but i dont think there is any chance whatsoever of this happening
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited March 2010
    please Pearl Jam Booking Gods- never let them book this place again.

I remember when the company name associated with this venue was miller genuine draft.
    there once was a time when you were able to pull out a blanket and go lay on the sand and hear the entire concert uniterputed or bothered.
    no more.,
    the venue has long lost the sense of intimacy it once had.
    they keep building up on top of it, ....
    getting larger and larger every summer.
    It run by a bunch of knuckleheads,
    maybe ( hopefully ) pearl jam realizes most of all of this

even tho we are spoiled by fan club allocation of tickets,
    not everyone is satisfied with this and has to resoprt to their own devices in acquiring tickets.
    i tried sleeping out there in that tourstop of 3 nights in 2000 ,
    but the state troopers turned us away at the front and said to return at sunrise .
    i pulled off the side of the loop parkway ( the circle around the needle ) and rested until just before sunrise.
    but by the time we drove up to the front, there were 6 cars inline and the sun hadnt fully risen yet.
    Youd think we woulda been in the top 10 online.
    WRONG.

The scalpers had tents pitched and had obviously been allowed in when we were turned away overnight.

The folks immediately in front of us on the mystreriously extended long line
    admitted to us that they indeed werent fans they were in line for someone.
    They later got a delivery from some shady slooking dudes with multiple cell phones and bags of donuts ;
    bagels and coffeee for all of them .
    I shit you not, they all were securing all the max number of tickets at the box office than everyone waiting in line after them .

Bottom line, this place has been run in the past by some shady people somewhere along the lines, getting preferential advantageous perks that even the biggest diehard out there couldnt contend with.
    I was able to get what I was looking for, but these folks were clearly there for reselling purposes .
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jones beach sucks