Livin' It Up at the Hotel Pennsylvania

ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Anyone know of any nice, clean, reasonable hotels near MSG with reasonable parking rates?

And no, not the above, I stayed at that dump for David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall.
Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I just saw Muse there Friday night. Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th, between 5th and 6th, got a reasonable rate, it's a new hotel and there is a Hampton Inn right next door. Parking garage right across the street from it - $35 to park overnight (pay in the hotel). Easy walk to MSG.

oh, and I am still full from the huge Irish breakfast from the pub a few doors up from the hotel......
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    ponner1us wrote:
    Anyone know of any nice, clean, reasonable hotels near MSG with reasonable parking rates?

And no, not the above, I stayed at that dump for David Gilmour at Radio City Music Hall.

Stayed at the new yorker in 08...was VERY clean..right across the street as well
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i stay on Hotel Pennsylvania at 2008 shows at MSG..its great place and u walk like 20 metres and u are in the Garden..what a place for pj show,,im gonna cry..i dont have the money :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stayed at hotel stanford on 32nd street when i visted nyc....perfectly fine hotel,reasonable rates and close to msg
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    http://www.radiocityapartments.com/

I stayed here for the last couple of MSG shows. It's tiny and no-frills, but it was clean and an easy walk down 7th Ave to MSG. My room was something like $200 a night after taxes, which isn't bad for midtown.

Also, I've gotten rooms in random hotels all over Manhattan for around $150 via Priceline. Try bidding low and you might get lucky. I once got the W on 50th and Lexington for $125 a night! That was awesome, haha.
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i wonder if i should turn my apt into a bed and breakfast for these shows
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I cannot recommend PRICELINE strongly enough for anyone going to NYC. If you aren't picky about the hotel, you can get AWESOME spots for super cheap. If you ever want any tips about priceline or hotwire, please PM me.
  • i wonder if i should turn my apt into a bed and breakfast for these shows
    count me in
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...