****The Official Quit Your Bitching Thread****

butterjambutterjam Posts: 215
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I believe this band has gone above and WAY beyond to make their fans happy. I think most people on here would agree. There is almost nothing we can do to affect their touring schedule.

I understand if people wanna bitch to vent. We all need to vent time and again. Here I go: I wish they'd play Red Rocks. (On a side note, if they ever do, or even play Denver, I will be more than happy to open my home for travelers out of town.) But I think people just need to get rid of their entitlement attitude that they deserve to have them play where they please. If seeing them is such a big deal to you, do something constructive about it.

Sure, it sucks that Texas has gotten hosed, or Florida, or wherever. But that's life. Its not always fair. Get over it. Maybe realize how great we have it here as opposed to most others on this planet.

Remember, a great songwriter once said "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thanks for that completely pointless addition to the internets.
  • I seriously think people wait for days like these to create the "Official Start your Bitching Thread" or "Official Quit Your Bitching Thread" or "Your a Bitch Thread".

Why cant people just be happy there is a tour and be happy for the fellow Jamers that can go? At the end of the day, if you cant go at least there will be a nice new boot for you to listen to!
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    what makes you thread official?
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    I hereby nominate this thread to also serve as the official people bitching about the people bitching about the people bitching thread.
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    you have 5 posts... you're far from official

you probably just became a fan becuase you liked the song With Arms Wide Open
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    I really wish PJ would ignore the northeast for 7 straight years..ok not really, but can you imagine the bitching then?

Wes
  • Terryible wrote:

Asterisks, I guess...
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Why do people think it is a personal slight against them when Pearl Jam doesn't pick their city? I just don't get that train of thought. They dont know you so to come on here (essentially their home on the net) to trash them and complain is just plain rude. What is this 11 date tour? How can you expect them to make everyone happy? Just go outside and blast some Pearl Jam, there are other things more important to rant about.
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    311jj wrote:
    I believe this band has gone above and WAY beyond to make their fans happy. I think most people on here would agree. There is almost nothing we can do to affect their touring schedule.

I understand if people wanna bitch to vent. We all need to vent time and again. Here I go: I wish they'd play Red Rocks. (On a side note, if they ever do, or even play Denver, I will be more than happy to open my home for travelers out of town.) But I think people just need to get rid of their entitlement attitude that they deserve to have them play where they please. If seeing them is such a big deal to you, do something constructive about it.

Sure, it sucks that Texas has gotten hosed, or Florida, or wherever. But that's life. Its not always fair. Get over it. Maybe realize how great we have it here as opposed to most others on this planet.

Remember, a great songwriter once said "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."

While a large part of this fan base has absolutely no problem with jumping on a plane or in a car for 10 hours to go see this band live, it's not unfathomable to think that you shouldn't HAVE to do that to see the band/music you enjoy. Travel is expensive even if you do have a couch to crash on, and going into hock isn't smart or constructive. And these towns that get "hosed", get hosed over and over again, so let these people vent. I know nobody here ever had to get on a plane or drive any great length to go buy their records or bootlegs or t-shirts for this band, so why to see them live?
  • 311jj wrote:

maybe I should make an official "newbies need to learn the search function thread"

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125138

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    Terryible wrote:

Asterisks, I guess...

:lol:
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    Why do people think it is a personal slight against them when Pearl Jam doesn't pick their city? I just don't get that train of thought. .
    nothing personal. just business. they make more $$$$ in the northeast so thats where there going.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Why do people think it is a personal slight against them when Pearl Jam doesn't pick their city? I just don't get that train of thought. They dont know you so to come on here (essentially their home on the net) to trash them and complain is just plain rude. What is this 11 date tour? How can you expect them to make everyone happy? Just go outside and blast some Pearl Jam, there are other things more important to rant about.

Hi Solar,

I don't think its a slight against me that the band won't come here, however it becomes very frustrating when tour after tour for the past 7 years the city you live in (a major us city) and another one a few hours drive gets shut out while other parts of the country and the world repeatedly get shows. If I lived in Fargo, Oklahoma City, or some other small town I would not expect the band to play there. But cities like Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Atlanta are huge and have a lot of Pearl Jam fans who continue to be very disappointed that their favorite band skips over them again and again for the same cities or for much smaller cities. We're upset and are going to vent so deal with it!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    jamburger wrote:
    Travel is expensive...

This goes for the band, crew and equipment. For example driving the caravan across fucking Texas probably is not a great idea financially. Someone with half a brain might look at the map of the planned tour and see it's pretty much a straight shot to New York on a major interstate highway with stops evenly spaced out. There are reasons beyond most of the complainers comprehension why Pearl Jam plans their tours this way. Its too bad if they would just stop and think for two minutes it makes perfect sense.
  • Ivn1322Ivn1322 Posts: 68
    you have 5 posts... you're far from official

you probably just became a fan becuase you liked the song With Arms Wide Open

Lmao :lol:
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    SolarWorld wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    Travel is expensive...

This goes for the band, crew and equipment. For example driving the caravan across fucking Texas probably is not a great idea financially. Someone with half a brain might look at the map of the planned tour and see it's pretty much a straight shot to New York on a major interstate highway with stops evenly spaced out. There are reasons beyond most of the complainers comprehension why Pearl Jam plans their tours this way. Its too bad if they would just stop and think for two minutes it makes perfect sense.

Then maybe they should take one year and draw a different line on the map. And yes, the band should be the one spending the money on travel... the concert goer spends money on the ticket. That's how it should work. I've never HAD to travel to see this band, but I do because I've met some really cool people along the way and seen some great places. No one should HAVE to travel for a concert.
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    Travel is expensive...

then how does every other band on the planet survive (and profit) playing cross country tours? Did PJ add some pyrotechnics or dancers or stage props i dont know about?

try thinking more than two minutes.
    jamburger wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    Travel is expensive...

Then maybe they should take one year and draw a different line on the map. And yes, the band should be the one spending the money on travel... the concert goer spends money on the ticket. That's how it should work. I've never HAD to travel to see this band, but I do because I've met some really cool people along the way and seen some great places. No one should HAVE to travel for a concert.

OK, they should sacrifice more of their free time, time with families, etc to tour all year so you entitled fans will be happy? Asinine...
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    SolarWorld wrote:
    OK, they should sacrifice more of their free time, time with families, etc to tour all year so you entitled fans will be happy? Asinine...

They haven't been here in 7 years. Surely if they just didn't come on MOST tours we wouldn't be as upset. But they don't come here at all anymore. I don't feel entitled to anything and the band can do what it wants. Either way, I'm going to find a way to go to some shows but that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed that they skipped my area again.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    MrSmith wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    Travel is expensive...

then how does every other band on the planet survive (and profit) playing cross country tours? Did PJ add some pyrotechnics or dancers or stage props i dont know about?

try thinking more than two minutes.

There are many more factors at play here than just the money. Maybe they don't like touring all year across the whole damn country, maybe the band members all have families they would rather spend time with than driving across say, fucking Texas to make a few more dollars. I cant believe that you and all these other complainers think they have touring all figured out after Pearl Jam has been doing it for 20 years now.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Kettle meet black. YOU think you have it all figured out.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

reverse that. why would fans like a live band that never plays within hundreds of miles ? that doesnt make sense.

if they dont want to sacrifice free time thats fine. they are rich and can manage just fine. but you should understand that has consequences: less fans nationally. its just like any other job.

its not entitlement. if they dont play near me, then i'll just go watch one of the bands that are still hungry enough to play anywhere people will listen.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    nothing personal. just business. they make more $$$$ in the northeast so thats where there going.

Wonder how they even know these days... They ONLY play the fucking NE.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    SolarWorld wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    Travel is expensive...

Houston, Austin, and Dallas are close as shit to each other. Im a truck driver, they should hire me to drive there shit around. Or Roadshow should hire me, Id work for cheap!
  • 311jj wrote:

well fuckin said... i've read some cynical posts recently and it screams "take take take" .... some ugly shit... sit within 4 walls and listen to the music and if you still want more... fuck it, it's not for you