if you had to travel to just one show???

the jamthe jam Posts: 31
edited March 2010 in The Porch
ok, i'm from south florida, and i'm not going to jump on the bitchen train. we have had our fair share of great shows. if PJ wants to just play the midwest and northeast...so be it. i'm not waiting around like before begging. so which show/city would you prefer. i'm asking the die hards who actually travel to other cities. i know my wife will want to do NY because its NY. i for one have never been to NY, and don't really have much desire to go. while i'm thinking here...maybe i should pick the show that will be attended by the least of the travelers. this being so i get better seats. please any input will be good. i want to make this a great mini trip/show.
thanks in advance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Well, the NYC & Boston shows will be the hardest to get tickets and will have a ton of 10c members and are in cities that speak for themsleves. Some of the other shows, like KC and St Louis may have less 10c members so you may get better seats if that is what you want. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    new orleans doenst count right cuase its just a fest show right :mrgreen: but KC would be mine maybe i could even bump to the fabulous marvelous stephanie :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Well, the NYC & Boston shows will be the hardest to get tickets and will have a ton of 10c members and are in cities that speak for themsleves. Some of the other shows, like KC and St Louis may have less 10c members so you may get better seats if that is what you want. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

+1
    Austin, TX
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,935
    Even though it be a tough ticket to get since it's NY, I'd go with 5/20 because I'd really like to see the Black Keys play with PJ. Saw TBK at the Orpheum in Boston a couple years ago and last year out here at Coachella. They were great both times. I've always wanted to travel to NY since the MSG shows usually end up being epic and if I was going to, that'd be my pick.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    if its just one show for us flying in from Atl its probably KC- been wanting to party there
    first tix on sale too so I'll know if i got em
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    depends what you want...

rabid fans and a big city - but more than likely shittier 10c seats

or

better shot at tickets and better 10c seats

makes a difference.

boston, NYC, and even hartford....bound to be more difficult to score, worse 10c seats but filled with absolutely rabid fans. just about anywhere outside of these areas will be easier to score i would think, tho ohio and indy could prove difficult, as chicago has quite a solid fanbase too. i think some of the cities that haven't bit hit in a good long while may have some great surprises on their setlists, easier tickets to score, definitely better 10c seats....so yea.......decisions, decisions.

me, i am just staying close to home, so NYC is it for me. and i will HAPPILY take my shitty-ass 10c seats at my hometown shows. hope to be so lucky! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if you have to travel and you are going with your wife who may or may not be as big a fan - i would pick a place you want to visit because the show is only 3 hrs when all is said and done ...

you will likely get better seats at the smaller cities but at the same time ... with only so many shows ... you can expect a huge 10C response to every show so - it may not be that much better! ...
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Cleveland always has great setlists. The Cavs will be in the playoffs, and the Indians are at home that weekend...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Cant say.. this is why this band is so good they can pull ANYTHING out of ANYWHERE, whereever you go you will get your own gems and experience.

If you never been MSG then thats always epic, saw the 2 shows there last time and was just pure epic with all those people and the history etc.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    polaris_x wrote:
    if you have to travel and you are going with your wife who may or may not be as big a fan - i would pick a place you want to visit because the show is only 3 hrs when all is said and done ...

you will likely get better seats at the smaller cities but at the same time ... with only so many shows ... you can expect a huge 10C response to every show so - it may not be that much better! ...

or husband....;)
    but you're right - all of that comes into play.
    tho i still say you will have an easier time scoring tix for a MO show than a NY or MA show.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    or husband....;)
    tho i still say you will have an easier time scoring tix for a MO show than a NY or MA show.

true but there are two shows for NYC ... i just saw i land at 5:45 - i wonder if i can get to msg from la guardia in time?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    polaris_x wrote:
    or husband....;)

true but there are two shows for NYC ... i just saw i land at 5:45 - i wonder if i can get to msg from la guardia in time?

Yes you can ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I say the TBD show...
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I think I'm gonna go to Bristow, 1 because it's closest to me, 2 because I'll almost definatly get better seats there than ny or clevland, and 3 is because most of the fans there will be awesome because no ones actually from bristow lol so it will be the fans willing to travel and the crowed and show should be great!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i'm from orlando and have a terrible club number so i'm gonna go to dc and hartford for a couple reasons..

like i said my number sucks so my chicago and philly seats were terrible. more importantly though i have a best friend in each city that has never been to a show. i love goin with people for their first show plus i will save money on hotels. i'm guessing i can take a train between dc and hartford and it won't be too expensive.

hartford 08 had maybe the best show of they year that tour so here's hoping for more immortality :)