Cleveland Show Folks

skere26skere26 Posts: 304
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Just got the Marriott downtown Key Center on priceline for $60 bucks... going for $269 on travelocity....I wish I bid lower!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    wow, $60 aint bad :)
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    I live in Buffalo and will be traveling to Cleveland for Mother's Day anyway...now I get to see PJ on Sunday, travel back to Buffalo and see them on Monday...best news I've had in a while....rock on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    I am staying there Saturday and Sunday.

2 Indians games, RRHOF, Dinner, PJ, Buffalo, PJ
  • mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    I'll rent out a room of mine. I live 20 min. from downtown cleveland. That would be fun.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Cavs in the playoffs probably playing Saturday night at the Q

Indians in town for a 3 game weekend series with Detroit

and Pearl Jam

nice!
  • PjWingsfanPjWingsfan Posts: 136
    Sweet, I didn't even realize the Indians were playing the Tigers that week. I think am going to drive in from Detroit, catch the Tigers/Indians, and then of course see Pearl Jam!! Sounds like a great day to me :]
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    I'm thinking seriously of hitting this show. I'm in California and this show is on my birthday. Plus my wife wants to see Cleveland as we might at some point be relocating in the next few years. The company I work for has corporate headquarters in Cleveland and it would be a great shot for me to advance my career. But anyway I might take a Red-Eye arriving early on Sunday, check out the Indians game then the show. On Monday I'll hit the Rock & Roll HOF and then fly out Monday night. Now I just need to ask the wife and hope she's down for such an adventure.

By the way if anyone from Cleveland thinks it's a decent place to live please PM me and let me know your reasons. I'm conflicted about relocating. I see the place ranking #1 on the countries most miserable cities and I wonder why the hell I might be leaving sunny California for such a place. I've only spent 1 week in CLE and I thought it was nice. Maybe I'm crazy?
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    dont base anything off that "most miserable cities" list (or any list) by Forbes.

Its a crock of shite.

if you look at the criteria they used, its terrible. Sports teams? It also assumes that everyone bases miserable weather on how cold it is. I would much rather have a change in seasons and snow than 80 degrees 365 days a year. Some people prefer the latter.

Im not from Cleveland, but I can see this list was very unfair to Cleveland. Its a nice city. Fun things to do. The sports teams may be torturous, but people enjoy the games and are very passionate.

Im from Buffalo and it gets a bad rap too. The truth with these 2 cities are the economies arent the greatest, but if you can make a decent, secure wage, and dont mind winters, they are great places to live. Cost of living is low, overpopulation/traffic isnt miserable, people seem friendlier, etc... The key is having a decent job in these "rust belt" cities though... the lack of jobs also drove them down on the "list".

And Great Lakes Summers are the best thing going.

not to mention the list had inaccuracies. It said something like the top 150 cities were taken into account which would be populations over 370,000 people. There arent nearly 150 US cities with that many. If you take the top 150, you have to include hell holes such as Camden, Bridgeport, New Haven, LLowell, etc...
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
    THIS IS THE CLEVELAND SHOW !!!!!!! ( maybe cleveland jr will behave )
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • I'm thinking about doing this one since my brother lives in Toledo so I'd have a place to crash. I'm still trying to convince him to go, so if that doesn't happen I'll be looking for someone to split tickets with. I'm happy to purchase or buy one from you. My 10C is a 245XXX, not that great, but it tends to get me into the front 1/3 or 1/2 of the floor. LMK if you might wanna split tickets.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Pittsburgh is coming to cleaveland. See ya there
  • PjWingsfanPjWingsfan Posts: 136
    It seems like Cleveland hasn't gotten much hype with the two MSG dates.

This is going to be my first attempt for 10c tickets. Is Cleveland going to be a tough show to get Ten Club tickets to, and whereabouts would someone with a high ten club number be seated with the Cleveland crowd?
  • hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    Personally...I like Cleveland. It wouldn't be my favorite place to live because i detest winter in general but I've always enjoyed my visits there. Lots to do...great places to eat...neighborhoods with character. Beats the hell out of Dayton.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    dont base anything off that "most miserable cities" list (or any list) by Forbes.

Its a crock of shite.

if you look at the criteria they used, its terrible. Sports teams? It also assumes that everyone bases miserable weather on how cold it is. I would much rather have a change in seasons and snow than 80 degrees 365 days a year. Some people prefer the latter.

Im not from Cleveland, but I can see this list was very unfair to Cleveland. Its a nice city. Fun things to do. The sports teams may be torturous, but people enjoy the games and are very passionate.

Im from Buffalo and it gets a bad rap too. The truth with these 2 cities are the economies arent the greatest, but if you can make a decent, secure wage, and dont mind winters, they are great places to live. Cost of living is low, overpopulation/traffic isnt miserable, people seem friendlier, etc... The key is having a decent job in these "rust belt" cities though... the lack of jobs also drove them down on the "list".

not to mention the list had inaccuracies. It said something like the top 150 cities were taken into account which would be populations over 370,000 people. There arent nearly 150 US cities with that many. If you take the top 150, you have to include hell holes such as Camden, Bridgeport, New Haven, LLowell, etc...

Great post, dig Buffalo as well, we are survivors living in cities such as these. The weather in a non issue, I love the seasons, wouldn't wan't it any other way.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    skere26 wrote:
    Just got the Marriott downtown Key Center on priceline for $60 bucks... going for $269 on travelocity....I wish I bid lower!!!

Thats a great price. Most everything (Q Arena, RRHOF, Prog Field) is within walking distance from all of the good hotels in Cleveland.
  • garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Well I'll be on a Contiki tour of the US and Canada, and I will be in Cleveland the same day/night Pearl Jam plays, so I'll be going to see them live (though I'm sure my 439xxx member number won't get me as close to the front as GA in Perth last year got me)

Also curious as well as my chances of getting 10C tickets, I hope I do get them.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    js280023 wrote:
    Pittsburgh is coming to cleaveland. See ya there

more pittsburgh coming
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    Oh yes, Pittsburgh is coming.
  • mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    MayDay10 wrote:

Its a crock of shite.

Great post, dig Buffalo as well, we are survivors living in cities such as these. The weather in a non issue, I love the seasons, wouldn't wan't it any other way.

I AM from Cleveland. I've lived there 15 years, originally from Chicago. I love the weather, I prefer cold. That being said, Cleveland is a pretty dead city. Nothing left there. Once the steel mills closed, the city has been slowly dying ever since. And don't get me started on the Cleveland sports teams and how they pretty much suck the life out of the entire northeastern Ohio area whenever they lose a chance at a championship.