Is kind of hoping...

KigityKKigityK Posts: 85
edited March 2010 in The Porch
that Chicago isn't a stop on the Tour... I want to travel, but feel obligated to attend a Chicago show if one or two are there (I live in the 'burbs of Chi)... anyone ever feel this way?

Discuss
Chicago (Soldier Field 95), Chicago 98, East Troy 00, Chicago 00, East Troy 03, Chicago 03, St Paul 03, Chicago 06 x 2, Albany 06,Milwaukee 06 x2 Chicago (Grant Park) 07, Chicago (Vic) 07, Chicago 09 x2, Noblesville 10, East Troy PJ20 11 x2...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    this makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • KigityKKigityK Posts: 85
    believe me... I love seeing PJ in Chicago, but after like 6 times at the UC, it gets a little old.... maybe a new venue
    Chicago (Soldier Field 95), Chicago 98, East Troy 00, Chicago 00, East Troy 03, Chicago 03, St Paul 03, Chicago 06 x 2, Albany 06,Milwaukee 06 x2 Chicago (Grant Park) 07, Chicago (Vic) 07, Chicago 09 x2, Noblesville 10, East Troy PJ20 11 x2...
  • KigityK wrote:
    anyone ever feel this way?
    Ummmm.......no
    I wish Pearl Jam would play in my town.
    KigityK wrote:
    believe me... I love seeing PJ in Chicago, but after like 6 times at the UC, it gets a little old.... maybe a new venue

so you would rather fly/drive/book hotels/use vacation days/etc. rather than see them at the UC? I love the UC, though it would be cool if they played something a little smaller, like the Sears Center, but I am by no means sick of it.

you're entitled to your opinion, so please dont take offense. just talking here.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn Posts: 748
    I'll trade 2 philly for 2 chi town. Never been. I know what ya mean, seen them literally 10 times in philly, but it gets fucking better every time! Did you make it to any Philly shows at the Spectrum?
    not taking offense... I posted this to get some insight and discussion while we are all waiting. I have seen PJ in a few other states and I think it's cool to expand a little. Some of the best PJ shows have been in Chicago, it'll just give me a justified excuse (to my girlfriend) to go and travel a little out of state. If they play here, then I'll have no reason to go any where else, thats all :P
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I love traveling to see Pearl Jam, its a nice excuse and you get to see places you normally don't get to see them. I have seen them in CT, NY, MA, IL, FL, and PA, and never would have gone to a couple of the places if Pearl Jam wasn't in the area or like in 2007 was the ONLY place in the states they were playing. Going to the same arena can be a bore, but it was really nice to go to Hartford, since I live in West Hartford. I could go without ever having to go back to Mansfield, that's the worst venue on the planet, so the more they play TD Bank Center the better in my opinion.
    32 shows and counting...
    hmmmm Philly.... That is something I may consider!!!! Is it really ALWAYS SUNNY there? hahahah
  • I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I just want them to play somewhere else, like the Allstate Arena or Alpine Valley.
    United Center does get old. I hear ya, but it's better than nothing in Chicago.
  • dude there is a whole list of shows already up you could travel your little heart out. ...
    KigityK wrote:
    If they play here, then I'll have no reason to go any where else, thats all :P

that's where you're wrong! go travel anyways. go see a city you want to visit and see Pearl Jam. did that with DC in 2008, got to see San Diego and Philly last year, SF in 2006, been to just about every state in the midwest to see them, saw 3 cities in Canada, etc.

no 2 shows are ever the same.
    well, I would love to go see PJ in every state, but money, vacation etc prevents that as is does 99% of us. If they play Chicago, I go to Chicago. If they play elsewhere, without a stop in Chicago, then I have options...
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    edited March 2010
    This is why I love living in CT sometimes, I am two hours from Boston, and 45 minutes and a train ride to NYC. So I potentially have 5 shows a tour, if they play 2 nights in NY and Boston and a night in Hartford. Which is what actually happened in 2008
    Post edited by Kraven on
    32 shows and counting...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    KigityK wrote:
    anyone ever feel this way?
    Ummmm.......no
    I wish Pearl Jam would play in my town.
    no shit! I just want a show that is under 8 hours away for me to drive to
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa