enjoy MSG EVERYONE

2»

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

im just trying to help

yourself to the lottery... correct?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CJMST3K wrote:

im just trying to help

IM A PAYING MEMBER CORRECT?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    Just putting this out there...

The rules of the 10C with ticketing expressly state that if you sell the tickets above face value they revoke your membership and ban you from being a member.

So...if you sell them to recoup your ten club membership fee, you are selling them above face value and admitting to such on the very forum that was created for 10C members. You might want to think this over before committing to such a task.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    I do not see how this helps at all. The same person who gets shut out of tickets because you are buying these is going to be out of posters, vinyl, other tickets etc...

i have the right to lottery chance no?

Yeah. And like everybody else, use the tickets even if they aren't lottery. And if they are lottery winning tickets, the person you'd be selling them to is screwed? Way to help.

I'm trying to find a reason why this is helpful to anybody at all, but I just can't. Shit don't make no sense.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • When is the MSG show?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    soo ... you do know that you won't know where your seats are until the day of the show right? ... why would you do this - offer up tix to someone who got shut out ... and then wait to see if you won the lottery? ...
  • You do realize you must pick up your tickets in person and don't get them until the day of the show, right?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    CJMST3K wrote:

im just trying to help

When you say "I'm just trying to help", you're making it sound like you're "just trying to help". The best way to help is not to buy tickets you are not planning on using.

You are absolutely a paying member, and allowed to buy tickets to as many shows as you'd like. You're allowed to buy them for the potential that you may win the lottery. You may burn them in advance of the show and not attend too. But to say "I'm only trying to help" is incorrect.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:

im just trying to help

To the retard club? All signs point to yes.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    LOL.

I needed this thread this morning, to breakup the tension. Thanks.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I'm no rocket scientist but I see what Neily is trying to do and I don't have a problem with it. It seems as though Neily has an inside way of getting tix to MSG which are better then his/her fanclub seats. Neily will then see which seats are better and sell the other pair to a fanclub member that gets shut out. I'm not seeing how this is hurting another fanclub member, outside of missing out on the lottery. And this is only IF Neily gets presale tickets.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    this is what I think he is getting at, but is explaining it very poorly.

I had a similar sitch for Spectrum #4 where I had 10c seats, ticketmaster seats, and was very up front with the person I was selling to, basically saying that they are getting the ticketmaster seats unless my 10c seats were lottery or in the seated areas (Im way too short for the floor).
    I'm no rocket scientist but I see what Neily is trying to do and I don't have a problem with it. It seems as though Neily has an inside way of getting tix to MSG which are better then his/her fanclub seats. Neily will then see which seats are better and sell the other pair to a fanclub member that gets shut out. I'm not seeing how this is hurting another fanclub member, outside of missing out on the lottery. And this is only IF Neily gets presale tickets.

holy shit !!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU UNDERSTAND ME

I COULD TAKE THE FAN CLUB TICKETS AND SELL THEM TO FRIENDS FOR MORE

BUT NOOOO ILL SELL THEM TO PEOPLE I DONT EVEN KNOW ON THIS BOARD FOR SAME VALUE

AND IM AN IDIOT :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    And this is only IF Neily gets presale tickets.

Which is probably a better time to start a thread like this.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

yeah ... i think we've figured it out but it is disingenious to say he is trying to help someone ... the reality is that he is impacting a fan club member ... anyone who gets shut out who has a lower number than him will technically be screwed ... as if they got his seats that he clearly doesn't need - they would be a lot closer than what they'll have to find elsewhere ...

having said that - i don't see anything wrong with what he's doing ... just be upfront about it ...
  • I'm no rocket scientist but I see what Neily is trying to do and I don't have a problem with it. It seems as though Neily has an inside way of getting tix to MSG which are better then his/her fanclub seats. Neily will then see which seats are better and sell the other pair to a fanclub member that gets shut out. I'm not seeing how this is hurting another fanclub member, outside of missing out on the lottery. And this is only IF Neily gets presale tickets.

I'm not getting that at all.
    jamburger wrote:
    And this is only IF Neily gets presale tickets.

Which is probably a better time to start a thread like this.

HENCE I EDITED THE TITLE

ok everyone enjoy the news from today (thats the important thing)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well i wasn't sure who this neiybabes was, but now i am

;) :wave:
  • I'm no rocket scientist but I see what Neily is trying to do and I don't have a problem with it. It seems as though Neily has an inside way of getting tix to MSG which are better then his/her fanclub seats. Neily will then see which seats are better and sell the other pair to a fanclub member that gets shut out. I'm not seeing how this is hurting another fanclub member, outside of missing out on the lottery. And this is only IF Neily gets presale tickets.

yeah. I THINK EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS YOU

but any...well, most...other paying members will buy ten club tickets and use them whether or not the win the lottery. Someone else could be buying the club tickets that you'll be using...but wont be able to and you're taking away their RIGHT AS PAYING MEMBERS TO THE LOTTERY (as was your defense). The fuck don't you understand about that?

but any...well, most...other paying members will buy ten club tickets and use them whether or not the win the lottery. Someone else could be buying the club tickets that you'll be using...but wont be able to and you're taking away their RIGHT AS PAYING MEMBERS TO THE LOTTERY (as was your defense). The fuck don't you understand about that?

The other members have just the same chances to get pre-sale tickets as Neily. You're argument is basically that millionaires can't play powerball since they already have money, that's just nonsense.
  • this is bizarre.
  • RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    This is the kind of crap that Pearl Jam detests. I hope the mods read this and refund his $20 and say good bye.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

The other members have just the same chances to get pre-sale tickets as Neily. You're argument is basically that millionaires can't play powerball since they already have money, that's just nonsense.

They can play... but what's the need to? Just 'cause they can? No, so they can become richer.

I don't fault the OP for wanting to take a chance at the lottery even with having a secured seat already. It's just poor form to act as if it's doing a favor to anyone else but themselves...
    HENCE I EDITED THE TITLE
    RockMama wrote:
    This is the kind of crap that Pearl Jam detests. I hope the mods read this and refund his $20 and say good bye.

helping pearl jam fans i don't know ?

instead of just keeping them for personal friends

again im a paying member who has every right to win the lottery ..just like you

you kids are really funny

• holy shit !!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU UNDERSTAND ME

Noooo. The argument is that someone will get the tickets from him, but won't have the chance on the lottery that they would have if they just bought them from the ten club. He has every right to take a chance on the lottery but if he doesnt win he USES those tickets. It's like buying a $20 instant lottery ticket and instead of winning millions, he wins his twenty dollars back and then sells it to somebody for twenty bucks.
    Neily - If I get shut out from the presale and can't pull anything decent from TM, I'll be more then happy to take your "damaged goods" off your hands! :thumbup:
  • RockMama wrote:

helping pearl jam fans i don't know ?

instead of just keeping them for personal friends

again im a paying member who has every right to win the lottery ..just like you

you kids are really funny

of course you have a right to try for lottery seats. Your original thought was to buy them for someone else (in a sense). That would be stupid and pointless.

What you're saying now, that you'd be buying them for a lotto chance, makes sense. But the problem is that you wouldn't be able to sell them to another fan here until right before the show, not right away which was implied by your original post. To tell a fan that you're going to sell them your fan club seats is dishonest if there's a chance you'd be using them yourself, even if you have some other ticket that you might be able to give them instead.

Again, what your saying now (which is called the truth by the way) makes more sense. I don't even have a problem with you selling your 10c tickets as long as its for face value (w/10c fees too because everyone would have to pay those). My problem is your dishonesty in the situation.

So in conclusion, i hope you're computer crashes next week.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time