So now that I'm recently single.......

UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
edited March 2010 in The Porch
......I have mixed feelings about the possible upcoming tour. It seems like there could be several shows close to my area (I'm located in Erie,PA) but now I have absolutely no idea who I am going to go these things with.......

Who here has ever met up w/ other 10 clubbers for a show? How did it go? Feel free to share your experience here................

I joined the 10c in 2006, so unfortunately my number is not that great and I can't use it as bait for others :D I'm a 25 yr old guy, so I don't have the girl factor working for me either. Not sure what to do as none of my friends are really into PJ. It would be a mood killer if I had to drag them around to shows they don't necessarily want to be at.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    dude, so go, I went to Chicago by myself and had a blast

also went to 2 Ed Ved shows in Toronto by myself and met great people

key is to stay in a PJ fans hotel and go to pre-party, you'll meet so many great people
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    by yourself is fun.

Just give away or sell your extra here for face.

or go with a friend who hasnt yet enjoyed a show.

meet people, go to the preparties, etc....
  • lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    Went to both Seattle shows last year solo. Met up with different Pit members both nights to share my tix (#303 so it did not relaly matter, people just miss the sale and want 10 club seats a lot) Both nights were a real blast...could not have had more fun. We all traveled the city together, shared hotel rooms...not a hitch. Also, I would recommend going to the wishlist pre parties I had a a blast meeting people there.

Don't be shy....as corny as it sounds this really is a jamily
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I went to Hartford 08 by myself and it was the greatest. Give it a shot.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I went to Hartford 08 by myself and it was the greatest. Give it a shot.

I actually attended Cleveland 06 solo and the concert itself was great.....didn't have 10c tickets though, just picked up a single off of ticketmaster.....but if I'm going to be traveling for shows I feel like I am going to be missing out on a lot.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    USC june of 08 solo - fucking awesome
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • just go to the shows - there are plenty of other places to pick up on the ladies
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    i went a show solo. by chance, i sat next to a pit member (not ten club seats btw). had a blast!!!!
    go, you will regret it later if you DON'T go.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    here is my take....

i went to this years Chicago 2 solo and the last two philly shows solo.

i've gone to other shows with friends

the chicago 2 wasn't bad because i live in the area. the philly shows were awesome, but hanging out in a different city without a traveling companion sort of sucks. once i got to the shows, it wasn't an issue. i chatted with my seat mates and had a good time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i went to Philly 3 solo - sat next to 10 clubbers from Europe - best show ever!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I had the same feelings before and still do from time to time. With that said, I've found some awesome friends here to go to shows with :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I am going solo to as many shows in/around the Midwest/East Coast area as I can and meeting people there. You can hang out with me if all of your other options fail. I promise not to be too creepy.....at least at first. :shock:
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    When you go to a show, dont you normally pay attention to the band and not talk with the person next to you??? in between sets and pre/post show talk with those around you. im sure you will have a great time
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i go to shows all the time solo. love it. hit up a preparty
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 19
    At every show I meet tons of people (girls). Just look for pre-party listings for the night of the show. They really do kick ass! Thanks TJ Hughes in Seattle! :mrgreen:
    Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2010
    I might MIGRATE over there!...So 'RUN' for your LIVES...haha :P
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    cdp1223 wrote:
    I am going solo to as many shows in/around the Midwest/East Coast area as I can and meeting people there. You can hang out with me if all of your other options fail. I promise not to be too creepy.....at least at first. :shock:

Promise?
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    When you go to a show, dont you normally pay attention to the band and not talk with the person next to you??? in between sets and pre/post show talk with those around you. im sure you will have a great time

Its not the show experience I am really worried about....I'll be so into the music that I won't even care.... but more so the down time/traveling in a different city. I guess I will just have to see what I can work with once the dates/places are revealed.
  • Attend the PJ Pre-Parties & Fundraisers prior to whatever show(s) you attend, you'll meet tons of awesome fans.
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    I am in the same boat brother... except I have a good FC #, heh (and in some ways I wish they would sell single tickets for this reason).

Anyway, last summer for the EV tour I invited friends (a different friend for each show) that were nonchalant about PJ. It was great having them with me at the venue prior to the show, telling them about poster crazyness and ultimatly EV was stellar and each of my friends came away liking the experience enough to buy some pj/into the wild.

Meeting people at the venue is great, but if you want a travel companion, I say invite someone you know who may not know about PJ.
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    Take her back dude....nothing better than make-up Pearl Jam
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    i've done make up pearl jam a couple times..it kind of sucked.
    solo pj dominates make up pj
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

eh.......its actually the other way around, to add to the depression of it all.........

Back when we were talking, we discussed going to some shows this summer.... but I think it would just cause more damage to me than anything at this point.
    jones wrote:
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

I will take this advice and run with it........I don't want to be worrying about other shit while trying to enjoy PJ at the same time.

I will definitely be hitting up some of the preparties this year as well

I will make this work.
  • jbmulder9jbmulder9 Posts: 228
    of the 12 shows i've been lucky enough to attend, 8 have been solo. i've driven to albany from RI, and took the train down on halloween in philly...

solo shows are great, you're with PLU's anyway.

people like us. :)
    1994 boston II
    1996 hartford
    2003 albany
    2003 mansfield I, II, III
    2004 boston I, II
    2006 boston II
    2008 mansfield II
    2009 philadelphia I, IV
    2010 buffalo, hartford, boston
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hit the preparties and stay in touch on the board...i've met some great people on here after going alone in '00, '03', and '04. not a day goes by that i'm not truly grateful for the opportunity to meet people from across the US and around the world at PJ shows.
    I love to turn you on
  • I would love a ticket buddy!
  • loladog1loladog1 Posts: 95
    I went to both LA (10/6 and 10/7) shows last year by myself....from Chicago...just met up with other 10club members.
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23 - LV 5/16/22 - LA 5/22/24
    UpSideDown wrote:
    jones wrote:
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

I will take this advice and run with it........I don't want to be worrying about other shit while trying to enjoy PJ at the same time.

I will definitely be hitting up some of the preparties this year as well

I will make this work.

yea nothing like being with the ex having..oh we'll for me it was "hail hail" being played and i was like oh hey i used to throw down whiskey and crank this song thinking about you and wanting to die. havin fun?
    yea. i'll say again. rather be solo. you will have a blast
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Hit up a preparty, meet tons of cool people!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V