where am i expected to sit at MSG?

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited March 2010 in The Porch
never gotten tickets through 10c before, debating if i should or not...

i'm a 425XXX...i know...it's bad, but how bad?

am i better off going with TM on the general public sale?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    You do have a chance at hitting the lottery by trying for 10C tickets which by the way none of us are guaranteed :oops: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    You don't SIT!

Who here can SIT at a PJ concert? 8-)
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    If I were you I would try for a smaller venue show, your seats will be alot better because more people will be shut out

Or just be patient there will be plenty of extra tickets floating around thru 10c members.
    This too shall pass.....
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    I have 324XXX and sat in the middle of the back section on the floor(section 9). Awesome seats though. The back section has a gradual rise to it, so there aren't many issues with view.
  • I am 190xxx and sat about half way back in section 8. I went to both nights in 08 and my seats were in the same section and row, 4 chairs apart. I was very happy as always.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    sward wrote:
    I have 324XXX and sat in the middle of the back section on the floor(section 9). Awesome seats though. The back section has a gradual rise to it, so there aren't many issues with view.
    +1. 357xxx in the middle of the last row of floors first night at MSG, nearly side-stage (Mike's side) about two sections back the second night. There's excellent visibility in that venue, though.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    I would think 10 club seats are your best option, ticketmaster sales are ridiculous because you don't really know where all the tickets are going or if there are that many available, not to mention the chance of them being better than any 10 club sale are slim. Get ten club tickets and just rock out anyway, itll be awesome from any seat, and there is still a shot youll win the lottery
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited March 2010
    expect to sit in the back of the floor. I'm talking like last few rows. i have 426,xxx number and thats where i sat for philly 2 and philly 3.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    never gotten tickets through 10c before, debating if i should or not...

i'm a 425XXX...i know...it's bad, but how bad?

am i better off going with TM on the general public sale?

I have a number in the high 300s (37xxxx) and my seats at MSG1 in 2008 were in the loge towards the back of the floor - great view of the stage, no complaints. For MSG2, i picked up tickets that the 10C released after the lottery and they were in the 300 section, but right near the stage. I was happy to be seating with 10C members and had a great time.

Here is the view from MSG2:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/261 ... 819349488/
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    My number is high too and I was back of the floor in Philly, but it was soooooo much better to be in a section surrounded by 10C members than in with a bunch of drunk dudes yelling for Jeremy. :roll:
    Just my opinion, but it was such a great time for me to be around "my people" even though, at 5'1, I couldn't see shit really.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    13xxxx got me 12th row in 08
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • all that matters is that you will be at a pearl jam show and sitting amongst club members. people really need to just accept that they are seeing the greatest band in the world and all that should matter is being there.

in other words...dont sweat the small things buddy.
    I repeat......Who can SIT at a PJ show?
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    cdp1223 wrote:
    My number is high too and I was back of the floor in Philly, but it was soooooo much better to be in a section surrounded by 10C members than in with a bunch of drunk dudes yelling for Jeremy. :roll:
    Just my opinion, but it was such a great time for me to be around "my people" even though, at 5'1, I couldn't see shit really.

I agree. And I feel your pain on the height issue! Im 5-6 and i do what i can to get to the loge; no hope for me on the floor, unless im up front.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • Jo wrote:

apparently quite a few people in 125 at Key Arena.

I got shouted down a couple times last september
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Your probably going to be sitting in the 400 section (way up top :o ) about 1/2 way back, really not too bad a seat. I'd try for 10c tickets 1st. You can then try with ticketbastard, if something good pops up you can always make your decision then. Selling your 10c tickets will not be too hard to do ( high demand at MSG). Remember there is a good chance you may get shut out of both sales( 10c tickets,a bird in the hand), there are a hell of a lot of us freaks looking for tickets for MSG ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • nm262635nm262635 Posts: 19
    pardon the ignorance...but when is the MSG show? and BTW who could have sat at either of the Key Arena shows?!?!
  • BD122845BD122845 Posts: 43
    Why can't there be GA shows in the States as much as in Europe? European shows get GA in arenas or festival appearances. USA gets seats no matter if its in an arena or amphitheatre. Only GA USA shows are in clubs or festival shows. Only Bill Graham Civic Auditorium since it was all GA the venue, Borgata had GA Floor, festivals like Austin City Limits, Festival in San Francisco last August, Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza, with the club shows at Vic Theatre, and Irving Plaza were all GA since 2005. Dave Matthews Band finally went the GA Pit route in amphitheatres starting this year. When will PJ do General Admission Floor/Pit in the states?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    BD122845 wrote:
    Why can't there be GA shows in the States as much as in Europe? European shows get GA in arenas or festival appearances. USA gets seats no matter if its in an arena or amphitheatre. Only GA USA shows are in clubs or festival shows. Only Bill Graham Civic Auditorium since it was all GA the venue, Borgata had GA Floor, festivals like Austin City Limits, Festival in San Francisco last August, Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza, with the club shows at Vic Theatre, and Irving Plaza were all GA since 2005. Dave Matthews Band finally went the GA Pit route in amphitheatres starting this year. When will PJ do General Admission Floor/Pit in the states?

hopefully never
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    BD122845 wrote:
    to many douchebag meatheads will bum rush the stage and push people around and fail horribly at "moshing". also Americans really don't respect each other and most really don't know the unwritten spot rule of a GA concert.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    to many douchebag meatheads will bum rush the stage and push people around and fail horribly at "moshing". also Americans really don't respect each other and most really don't know the unwritten spot rule of a GA concert.

This....speaking as a small woman...I have been elbowed in the eye/nose/boobs far to many times! :?
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    170xxx

2008 MSG1 we had a pretty good spot, first upper section to left of MIke's side. MSG2 was way farther away, 1st upper , 3/4 way towards the back, stone's side..note that there were others from the nite before that were again next to us.

Question:

IF you buy tickets to both nites do you lose seniority the second nite? Seemed like it.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    BD122845 wrote:

hopefully never

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,312557,00.html
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    354xxx got me first row in philly... 8-)

MSG last time it got me the back of the floor, though. pretty good seats because of the rise.
    snipes824 wrote:
    354xxx got me first row in philly... 8-)

Nice!!! :clap:
  • mrbakomrbako Posts: 54
    If the situation is anything like Chicago Night 1 (2009), they will be awful. But at least you are there, right? Ultimately it depends upon the allotment of 10club tickets for a show.
    Danner316 wrote:
    Jo wrote:

apparently quite a few people in 125 at Key Arena.

I got shouted down a couple times last september

SO?? getting shouted down come from those who go to the concerts just to tell the people at the office on Monday that they went to the concert, not to look like total fruitloops.
    I recently got called a CU*T by someone who thought they had more right to be there than me.
    It's Pearl Jam.......How can any abled body sit for it? We should reserve the seating for those who can't stand, and the rest of us be happy in the moshin. :mrgreen:

If, by unfortunate circumstances I found myself with a SEATED TICKET, I will gladly risk getting thrown out for being " out of designated dancing area " just for the fact I couldn't possibly be seated.

There is a difference of being there to add it to your signature and.........BEING IN THE SAME BUILDING PUMPING OUT THIS MUSIC! :twisted:
    Have a nice day. :D
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    benjs wrote:
    sward wrote:
    I have 324XXX and sat in the middle of the back section on the floor(section 9). Awesome seats though. The back section has a gradual rise to it, so there aren't many issues with view.[/quot

and I think you sold me your extra:)

keep me in mind again this year !!!
    +1. 357xxx in the middle of the last row of floors first night at MSG, nearly side-stage (Mike's side) about two sections back the second night. There's excellent visibility in that venue, though.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    benjs wrote:
    sward wrote:

and I think you sold me your extra:)

keep me in mind again this year !!!
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • uskidsknowuskidsknow Posts: 143
    447XXX is my number, so I think I may have better luck just looking for 1 ticket on the ticketmaster sale.
    dream the dreams of other men...you will be no one's rival