anyone else hoping for Albany?

AndoAndo Posts: 410
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Seems like they usually hit Albany? Anyone else hoping for this? any Rumors? i do hate the curfew there though
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    Hell yeah. Loved the 2006 show.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • todd-otodd-o Posts: 19
    Buffalo may 10
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    Hour and 15 minutes away from Chicopee, MA....Yeah I would take that in a heartbeat. Wouldnt even miss any work except maybe the day after.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    With Buffalo leaked, Albany is all but assured. May is too early for SPAC so Albany it is.

The circus leaves after 3 days on 5/9 so it will be after the Buffalo show on 5/10 or before 5/5.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    With Buffalo leaked, Albany is all but assured. May is too early for SPAC so Albany it is.

The circus leaves after 3 days on 5/9 so it will be after the Buffalo show on 5/10 or before 5/5.

Oh man, I hope the circus being in Albany doesn't derail any plans for PJ to play there. I'd love to catch them in the state's capital again - 2006 was insanely good.

Let's hope, let's hope, let's hope....
  • AndoAndo Posts: 410
    I didnt even think about Buffalo! Wait, wait, i think, ya! i just had another idea. What about SPAC!?!?! That would be perfect! they havent played there since 2000 i think. Much better then Pepsi IMO
  • I'd love SPAC..
    under your tongue, im like a tab.. i will give you what your not supposed to have

in wide open spaces we sing, with strings.. launch a full on musical cannonball.. guided by bells that we bring, they ring.. sound for the sky and the sun, our own waterfall...

one with the raging wind, alive on the highest tides, my ship at sail can climb a mountain.. ride it to the sky
  • EasyEEasyE Posts: 66
    The 2000 show at SPAC was weak. SPAC acoustics are bad for rock and roll but the pre-show party scene is great.

The 2003 Albany show at the downtown arena was pretty good.

2006 in that venue was legendary.

Ed said he spent five or so days here in town prior to his June 2009 shows at The Palace. Said he went paddle surfing on the Hudson.

2010 watch it go fire. Possible Albany Song reprise.
  • AndoAndo Posts: 410
    The 2003 show was soooo short. i thought it was dissapointing. The curfew cuts the shows off at 11, they blew through it in 2006 though! I just love the overall scene at SPAC, your right the acoustics are far from stellar.
  • I wouldn't mind an Albany show....went there to see Ed in '09...only 2 & 1/2 hrs away.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    They won't play 3 days in a row....so may 11th is out.

May 12th makes PERFECT sense; which is ironic, because that is the date they last played here 4 years ago (has it been that long!?!)