i've got a feeling...

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited March 2010 in The Porch
no not the beatles...sorry...

but i really have a feeling that Jack Johnson is going to open this tour...

i may be wrong but i just have a gut feeling...jack has announced a tour, and the dates are expected to be announced really soon...now on top of that, the slide show on the home page of his website was just changed today from one song (i'm blanking out on which one it was) to Constellations featuring Eddie Vedder (from Jack's live album En Concert)...it must be a sign...his new album is said to be slightly more punky than his older stuff which will mesh better with PJ fans...i think this is a consideration to be serious about...

again i may be WAY off
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    JJ would be cool- saw him at Roo while waiting in the line for the Pit. Rather see someone new though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I would love to see Jack open for PJ. I don't think it would happen, but I like where your heads at.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I do not approve this message. :(
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    Kind of interesting that the song on jack's web site changed today of all days, really no way to tell if it means anything, but its certainly possible. I'm not a big jack johnson person, but listening to jack outside on a warm summer night followed by pearl jam sounds very enjoyable.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
    Kind of interesting that the song on jack's web site changed today of all days, really no way to tell if it means anything, but its certainly possible. I'm not a big jack johnson person, but listening to jack outside on a warm summer night followed by pearl jam sounds very enjoyable.

I don't think it means anything in relation to PJ. The shows are announced and the opener isn't usually announced for a few weeks after. Ben Harper wasn't announced opening the 09 shows until early Sept if I remember correctly.

• youngster wrote:

I don't think it means anything in relation to PJ. The shows are announced and the opener isn't usually announced for a few weeks after. Ben Harper wasn't announced opening the 09 shows until early Sept if I remember correctly.

well jack isn't expected to announce for a few weeks..."We’ll be announcing his US tour in just a few weeks"...this was in a news update on friday...

i know it's a long shot, and i know i'm thinking way too much into this...i'm just putting 2 and 2 together and hoping i get 4
    youngster wrote:

well jack isn't expected to announce for a few weeks..."We’ll be announcing his US tour in just a few weeks"...this was in a news update on friday...

i know it's a long shot, and i know i'm thinking way too much into this...i'm just putting 2 and 2 together and hoping i get 4

I hope you get 4 too. Seeing Jack before PJ on the same stage would be a treat.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    LukinFan wrote:
    JJ would be cool- saw him at Roo while waiting in the line for the Pit. Rather see someone new though
    JJ makes me yawn. He's a nice guy and all and I know frontman fucking adores him but come on! We need a rockin' opener or no opener at all!
    ps. Not those stupid pharmacists either! :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    edited March 2010
    i was thinking more along the lines of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJPmB6HqcTY

or better yet, this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10DEroF_J8
    Post edited by PJ Fan est. 1990 on
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    JJ makes me yawn. He's a nice guy and all and I know frontman fucking adores him but come on! We need a rockin' opener or no opener at all!

THANK YOU! :lol:

PS
    The f-ing title of this thread has gotten that TERRRRRIBLE Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head. :evil:
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

THANK YOU! :lol:

PS
    The f-ing title of this thread has gotten that TERRRRRIBLE Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head. :evil:

it was supposed to be a beatles reference...get them stuck in your head
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    jack is too big to open for PJ?
  • well he did sell out arenas and soccer stadiums all over europe his last tour

I know! I know!! But that awful Black Eyed Peas song is so goddamned pervasive!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    cdp1223 wrote:
    I do not approve this message. :(

i agree.

holy hit the snooze button

i'd rather see Bad Religion agian. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    cdp1223 wrote:

I know! I know!! But that awful Black Eyed Peas song is so goddamned pervasive!!!

i don't even know the beatles song well enough for it to pop in my head

someone sing it for me

i'll take anything but this black eyed peas shit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWxEkhE9GSg

i have never heard this piece of shit either

and i never will again

this really is memorable??????
  • cdp1223 wrote:

i don't even know the beatles song well enough for it to pop in my head

someone sing it for me

i'll take anything but this black eyed peas shit

i posted two links earlier...one by the beatles, the other a PJ cover
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    How 'bout Alkaline Trio?
    They'll be touring their new album soon.
    No tour dates posted beyond April 3rd.
    Hmmm...
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I'm with Pillow ... JJ is too big now.

But then, I thought Ben was too!?!?!

Mayhaps it's that these guys are big EVERYWHERE ... except here, and opening for PJ is the next best thing.

I'd like to re-enact OLF -- BUILT TO SPILL!!!!

Prettty pissed I missed John Butler few weeks ago, poorly advertised non-Ticketmaster/Live Nation gig in SF (i know I know, i should check GAMH's site regularly...) Now HE could open for PJ no PROB!!! But i don't think they've crossed paths...
    [sic] happens