What do you expect from DEEP magazine?

pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 472
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Although message boards are a haven for all around negative remarks, maybe it is best to address what others find lacking in the fan club magazine. Better yet, what would you like to see added to DEEP to give it more substance. Pearl jam needn't cater to our every whim. Seeing as the hardcore fan is the target demographic for the magazine, perhaps our insight can be made of some use in the future.

Personally I think they do a good job, so I was a bit surprised to hear how indifferent people are towards DEEP. In general, I still like the magazine format more than the newsletters. I mean, the layout of the newsletters were above and beyond anything else out there. Very pretty to look at. But between each newsletter, the content would be uneven. Some of them were nothing more than a calender. Which is also nice.

Just received the new issue, by the way. Can't wait to delve into it. Since Backspacer, I was hoping there would be a DEEP interview with Tom Tomorrow, and I got my wish. I'll need time to look at the whole thing before I decide how it stacks up with the rest of them. Notice the issues used to come out twice a year, but now that has been curtailed to a single one annually. Is it a budget thing or do they just not have enough content to fill up the pages? I wonder.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,390
    I kind of expected to get it before people overseas, but I seem to never get it until it's been on the street for 2-3 weeks.

*still waiting*
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Got mine today & i live in the UK(seems we get things first here) & it always delivers a good read on all fronts. Especially like Mike's pictures from my beloved Australia & the pictures of the beach have made me a bit homesick. Contest is always different & challenging a bit to much for me. One thing did get me was the pic of Mike in the fold out is from 2002, i am sure there were plenty pictures taken of the same kind in 2009. Always get excited when my deep mag turns up, had a feeling it would today it did.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    maybe a few notes from each band member. that'd be it.

the pictures from the tour were the coolest part.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    that hole in the ozone to repair itself
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    a recipe :)
  • Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 244
    I look at it this way: I'd pay $20 to be in Ten Club just to say I was a part of it; if they gave me nothing, I'd probably be OK with it. Access to tickets prior to everyone else is more than enough to keep me coming back.

Deep? Complete gravy for me...anything they do with it makes me happy.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,954
    I look at it this way: I'd pay $20 to be in Ten Club just to say I was a part of it; if they gave me nothing, I'd probably be OK with it. Access to tickets prior to everyone else is more than enough to keep me coming back.

Deep? Complete gravy for me...anything they do with it makes me happy.

agreed...............but I wouldn't bitch if they wanted to throw a DVD inside.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,486
    If they have room for the next Deep 7, wouldn't mind seeing ...

- Original guitar & bass tabs scanned from Jeff, Stone, Mike & Ed's on a few sweet song's.

- Latest cd/dvd/vinyl releases they have contributed the past few month's & new's on what's to come in the future in stores.

Too much? :geek:
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Whatever they decide to put in it...
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    I'm a newbee to 10c, got my copy of my 1st Deep today & even(especially?) after reading people bitching about it on here last night I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's FAB!!! Love Mike's pictures, love the interview, won't be entering the competition but still think it's fab &&&&&& I'm totally stoked with it. :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011