posters sure are easy to get these days...AFT

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I for one am saying thanks for listening ten club, we love our posters and you have made getting them way easier than the mad rush wait all day and hope then it does not get trampled days. I remember cradling my Vic poster, praying it did not get crushed or stained from my totally stank ass that stood in line all day sweating my ass off. I also remember how nice Chicago 1/2 were last year knowing I don't have to worry about them at all and I will be getting them in the mail in a month!

I don't care about value, I care about getting good art, so if they print more, or have multiple editions I am all for it if people can get their beloved prints.

No more lugging tubes!

No more getting screwed by ninersfan!

No more babysitting a piece of paper during a ROCK concert!

TEN CLUB KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Agreed!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    yup, very cool of the 10C to address these issues and come up with a great system. I hope they dont lose money on all the leftovers. I suggested that they wait a couple of weeks and maybe send out a 50% off coupon to members to get rid of the rest.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Agree
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    yeah, I like not having to worry about it. less stress = good times. :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    I kinda wish they would sell all 4 Philly posters together .....Save on Shipping !
    What do ya think Santos ???

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It was real nice last tour not to have to worry about getting a poster and then protecting it from feet, beer, and thieves. I hope they make the same offer when the play INDY this year!
  • I'll still be cautious when PJ comes to the Garden... I don't think I'll be able to wait until after the show.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    And thank you for putting them on sale in high quantities, and putting them on sale after they've been "sold out" for a while. I do find it funny that people buy them just to flip, but after they are re-released, their price plummits, leaving the flipper with no profit. :lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    I agree it's been nice

but why not announce that you're going to up the number of posters you're printing?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I agree it's been nice

but why not announce that you're going to up the number of posters you're printing?

If it's a limited edition, they should never add more. Aside from that, the sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I agree it's been nice

If it's a limited edition, they should never add more. Aside from that, the sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned. :D

oh it's still limited

they've just gone from 1,000 to 2,000

:)
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Some things might seem less special if
    they're available to anyone.
    If it is special to you, however, who cares if everyone else
    has 1?
    It's a badge of honour, + those who truly know will nod in subtle assent.
    Collecting PJ posters is like being in a fight club:
    anyone on the outside of the club can see the black eyes, the bruises,
    + the posters.
    But only the members truly get the significance.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    that may be, but the bullshit of it was getting way out of hand.

seriously paying hobos to buy them, selling them at 2-400% a day later, waiting to get shut out anyhow?

I'll take a little less special to get the fucking prints I want, if I want a quest I'll buy Iron Masks, oddly named CD promos and blue vinyls. A memento of a show should not be a $500 undertaking because you have a life and had to work a certain day. It should not make hearing/seeing a show turn into a armored car protection event. Yeah it is sweet to get in the venue and see the print, even buy it, but it flat out sucks traveling to New York lets say spend a grand to stay a few nights to go to a show, want a sweet item of memorabilia to hang up on your wall and not get a fucking poster because some ass-wipe paid 20 homeless guys 5 bucks to buy one each so he can flip them the next day and make 500 bucks on it.

As a die-hard and huge collector I am totally cool and fine with how is goes now.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    a lot of the practices of this band take away from the music because of the hysteria of the fans. it's not the band's fault and they do try to remedy them. it was posters, now its t-shirts, and its always been tickets.

I think the next step is to change the ticket method:

1. make the floor GA;
    2. give 10C members the option to purchase floor or reserved (wing) seats;
    3. allow early floor access to 10C ticket holders and keep the wing seats by straight seniority.

the whole ticket/seeing what you get thing was fun, but with the lottery, it gets people expectations up and percentage-wise most are disappointed. GA floor would mean anyone can get front row, but you have to try for it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mad3mad3 Posts: 16
    AMEN!! :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,486

1. make the floor GA;
    3. allow early floor access to 10C ticket holders and keep the wing seats by straight seniority.

the whole ticket/seeing what you get thing was fun, but with the lottery, it gets people expectations up and percentage-wise most are disappointed. GA floor would mean anyone can get front row, but you have to try for it.

Please, no floor GA standing for Pearl Jam show's indoor's. For festival show's, go nuts. But playing in door's, I like my reserved 10club seat on the floor close to Pearl Jam or on the side stage by Pearl Jam.

The 'try for it' approach to get your way up front sucks. I hate the one's who make their way from the very end of the back of the arena to the very front, while pushing & shoving other's away to their left or right.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    a lot of the practices of this band take away from the music because of the hysteria of the fans. it's not the band's fault and they do try to remedy them. it was posters, now its t-shirts, and its always been tickets.

1. make the floor GA;

easy..come to Europe shows
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”