What are you deathly afraid of?

JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Me it's birds...I think I was attacked by one when I was a kid and just don't remember because there is no other explanation.
If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mayonnaise

and

spiders....not exactly deathly afraid but I'll be damned if I like em
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't like spiders either or snakes or
    roller coasters unless they are in the dark like Space Mountain
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    snakes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Mayonnaise

and

Mayo?? Do explain..
  • not4u32not4u32 Posts: 46
    Pearl Jam never playing alpine valley again...i get sick to my stomach just thinking about it :thumbup:
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Nothing in my life, so far, has caused the panic stricken, heart pounding fear associated with phobias. My biggest fear, I guess is dying without answers to the secrets of the universe(s).
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Jukee wrote:
    Mayonnaise

and

Mayo?? Do explain..
    HAHA!!! I just hate the crap!!! Loved it as a kid actually and I'm not sure when or why it changed so drastically. I think it might have had something to do with me watching The Fly

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Open Stair Cases, where you can look down...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Being stabbed 53 times, having my spinal cord severed where I can't move, being set on fire and then ran over by a steam roller from the feet up.

I think that would be pretty scary.

Oh, and Chuck Norris' balls. Those dangerous, 70 year old ninja balls.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I would not say that I'm deathly afraid of ....

but I really don't like being alone for long periods of time.

so I guess a fear of dying alone without ever finding "the one".
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:

Truthfully that is also my answer....I still can't stand mayo though

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    lettinggo wrote:
    My biggest fear, I guess is dying without answers to the secrets of the universe(s).

why do I find that response odd coming from someone with a user name lettinggo :lol:

I absolutely hate SPIDERS - I literally stand clear across the room and throw things at them.. Just typing the word means I will have a nightmare tonight about them.
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    Bees. I semi-frequently have nightmares that I'm laying in my bed and there are bees everywhere, and I'm trying to hide under my covers to keep them out, but then some creep in. It usually ends up in me freaking the hell out then falling back to sleep.
  • Open Stair Cases, where you can look down...

Me too. I thought I was the only one..and well my Mum because I think I got it from her. Not that I should blame her.

I am also afraid of spiders.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Ron "The Hedgehog" Jeremy.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• the wolf wrote:

What if "the one" doesn't exist? At least I don't think it does for me.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    Snakes.
    Being stabbed 53 times, having my spinal cord severed where I can't move, being set on fire and then ran over by a steam roller from the feet up.

I think that would be pretty scary.

Oh, and Chuck Norris' balls. Those dangerous, 70 year old ninja balls.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    the wolf wrote:

For every pot there's a lid.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• pandora wrote:
    I don't like spiders either or snakes or
    roller coasters unless they are in the dark like Space Mountain

weird about roller coasters, I'm the same way. I guess it helps when we don't know whats coming..

heights are the worst for me though...
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I've always found it interesting that people are so afraid of animals and insects. You can combine all the injuries and deaths from all the animals all over the world on an annual basis and it wouldn't even be a fraction of a fraction compared to the number of humans attacking, raping, maiming, and killing other people. As such, I am rightfully fearful of other humans, thus all the guns and knives and booby traps found around my place. Spiders and snakes are most welcome though.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Danimal wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

True but I am no pot ;)

Sure ideally it would be great to find "the one". Some guy who is a perfect fit (I don't mean perfect in the sense of perfect if that makes sense) and enjoy life's adventures with. As the wolf said I really don't want to die alone but I have reached that point in my life where I just don't think it will happen and I will enjoy the adventure of life on my own but it still remains sad to think of dying alone.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Danimal wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Man, I haven't heard the term "lid" being used in association with pot for years and years. 8-)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I hate clowns. I can tolerate being at a circus and them being far away. However, when they are up close I lose my shit. I went to a haunted house around halloween (one of those big production ones). I didn't know there was a scary clown section. I cried hysterically, wet my pants and got so disoriented I was certain I was going to die.

I am also afraid of bats.

And flying...
    quote] Man, I haven't heard the term "lid" being used in association with pot for years and years. 8-)[/quote]

Well you can smoke a ton of pot and blow your lid off. I know I have down that a couple of times. :lol:

• I hate clowns. I can tolerate being at a circus and them being far away. However, when they are up close I lose my shit. I went to a haunted house around halloween (one of those big production ones). I didn't know there was a scary clown section. I cried hysterically, wet my pants and got so disoriented I was certain I was going to die.

I am also afraid of bats.

And flying...

Clowns are creepy as hell!!
    True but I am no pot ;)

Sure ideally it would be great to find "the one". Some guy who is a perfect fit (I don't mean perfect in the sense of perfect if that makes sense) and enjoy life's adventures with. As the wolf said I really don't want to die alone but I have reached that point in my life where I just don't think it will happen and I will enjoy the adventure of life on my own but it still remains sad to think of dying alone.[/quote]

Hey...good things come to those who wait...you'll see.

BTW, we all die alone.

eyedclaar wrote:
    I've always found it interesting that people are so afraid of animals and insects. You can combine all the injuries and deaths from all the animals all over the world on an annual basis and it wouldn't even be a fraction of a fraction compared to the number of humans attacking, raping, maiming, and killing other people. As such, I am rightfully fearful of other humans, thus all the guns and knives and booby traps found around my place. Spiders and snakes are most welcome though.

I would have to definately agree with you on this...except the fact that spiders and snakes aren't welcome in my home but if they come for a visit it's okay as long as they don't mate.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Bees. And pap smears.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:

again i am in agreement with you mr. eyed.
    all the critters on land, in the air, and in the world's oceans are mild compared to humans.
    i've had rattle snakes, large pythons and boa constrictors living in my house as friends of mine.
    i am afraid of heights.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce