A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    yep
    my wife and I use it -even when we dont have colds

works wonders and really cleans out the nasal passages
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    OH my god, I LOVE this stuff. I used to use a neti pot, but this is somewhat easier. It works wonders with allergies as well as sinus infections and general nasal funk.

It feels a bit weird the first few times, but it helps if you warm the solution just slightly.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Get_Right wrote:
    yep
    my wife and I use it -even when we dont have colds

works wonders and really cleans out the nasal passages

My Dr. told me to get it when I had a sinus infection...I bought it but never started it

1 month later I got a head cold..so i decided to start using it

Love it!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

cdp1223 wrote:
    OH my god, I LOVE this stuff. I used to use a neti pot, but this is somewhat easier. It works wonders with allergies as well as sinus infections and general nasal funk.

It feels a bit weird the first few times, but it helps if you warm the solution just slightly.

Yeah at first it felt awkward like when you get water up your nose when you're swimming

I usually warm the water about 15 seconds in the micro

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I bought a neti pot about 2 weeks ago but I haven't used it yet because the directions said not to use it if you have a cold. Hhhhmmmm.........I've had this cold for 2 freaking weeks now......BOOOOO!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    I bought a neti pot about 2 weeks ago but I haven't used it yet because the directions said not to use it if you have a cold. Hhhhmmmm.........I've had this cold for 2 freaking weeks now......BOOOOO!

Thats weird because my Dr told me to use this while I had a sinus infection to help get rid of the infection

I've been using it whith my cold and today Im barely congested at all after 3 days of use

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

:P

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    PJPixie wrote:

Thats weird because my Dr told me to use this while I had a sinus infection to help get rid of the infection

I've been using it whith my cold and today Im barely congested at all after 3 days of use

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

ok, i just tried it. It seemed like the first pass thru went ok. The solution came out of the other nostril (and some gunk) but when I tried it on the other side, it just seemed to drip down my throat. I think my nose is still too clogged up :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    My mom swears by this stuff. She had terrible sinus problems for many years but says this helps a lot.
    I tried it for about 3 weeks and it didn't seem to make a difference to me.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    mmmm,,,, might have to try this. I have been on the waiting list for nearly 2 years now to have my sinuses and adnoids fixed up, and I get constant infections and migraines because of it. Gawd I'd give anything ago even if it relieved it a touch.
    PJPixie wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

ok, i just tried it. It seemed like the first pass thru went ok. The solution came out of the other nostril (and some gunk) but when I tried it on the other side, it just seemed to drip down my throat. I think my nose is still too clogged up :(

Nice!

Make sure you keep your mouth open or you will choke and it will go down your throat

I kind of like the one I have better than the neti pot...the neti pot just kind of runs through your nose this bottle you have to force the water up and through...seems to flush better

mmmm,,,, might have to try this. I have been on the waiting list for nearly 2 years now to have my sinuses and adnoids fixed up, and I get constant infections and migraines because of it. Gawd I'd give anything ago even if it relieved it a touch.

Hey give it a shot

Its not a miracle cure but it wont hurt either

Good Luck with it

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I think I'll just stick with the ol' cocaine to tunnel out my nostrils... 8-)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • I tried a neti pot several times. I call it a "Snot Pot" so people have some idea what I'm talking about. It worked well, but on the left side it always got some saline down my throat, no matter how I manouvred. On the right side, it was great!

I still have the thing, it looks like a little genie lamp. But I don't use it.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    my husband snores and I have insomnia. I end up sleeping in 3 different rooms throughout the night.
    when I sleep in our room, I can't breathe out of one nostril and then it is normal after I shower.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    my husband snores and I have insomnia. I end up sleeping in 3 different rooms throughout the night.
    when I sleep in our room, I can't breathe out of one nostril and then it is normal after I shower.

Yeah I've had that happen as well in the shower

Its probably the steam from the shower

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    My son who is only (8) uses this every day for his allergies. I buy saline rinses by the truck loads :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    My Dr. prescribed me Astelin for my sinus problems. It is by far the nastiest tasting stuff you can snort up your nose. I'm going to try the rinse soon, lot's of good input on it.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I never used those but bought a netti pot. I have yet to use it though. But I think I'll be using it soon.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    iluvcats wrote:

:lol::lol: I have to laugh, sounds like me- I have bad insomnia too, and all I do is play "musical beds" trying to get a good nights sleep.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalina wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    I have insomnia

I have bad insomnia too

Switch to all organic food and bevs. That simple act CURED my impossible suffering hell of insomnia forever.
    "May you live in interesting times."
    mikalina wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    I have insomnia

I have bad insomnia too

Switch to all organic food and bevs. That simple act CURED my impossible suffering hell of insomnia forever.

Hi, Thanks for the info- I'll try anything. I never thought that maybe food may be causing this. This week was just horrible, I hate to say it but tonight I'll take a tylenol PM- I need to be knock out. :(
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I have always been told to use saline rinse in my nose. It really helps for allergies. It rinses the nose hairs of all the pollen and stuff. It works!! I have used it for colds and sinus problems...again it worked.
    Way better than using meds, that don't usually work.
    Save room for dessert!