edited March 2010 in The Porch
I'd love it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    You should start a Pearl Jam hates single people thread! :lol:
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I DONT NEED 2,I TRAVEL ALONE FROM gREECE,BUT I LIKE THIS 2 TIX THING..I GIVE MY SPARES AMD MET SO COOL PEOPLE AND NOW WE ARE SO GOOD FRIENDS :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I wish there were an option for 4!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131

Well aren't you popular.... :lol:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    cdp1223 wrote:

Well aren't you popular.... :lol:
    I have been to shows by myself and had an amazing time, so I agree with starmap, actually. The pair or nothing deal is very constricting in my opinion. There are shows that require 1 ticket and some that require more than 2. I understand where the 10c is coming from in offering just pairs, but it complicates things on both ends.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I'd love it.

If they sell singles, someone with a higher number who bought the second single (after the person with a lower number bought the other single adjoining seat first) could end up with a better seat then someone with a lower# who bought a pair.

best to find a friend with whom to enjoy the show!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    this could work , leave the ball and chain at home. :P
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Wish list - I'll hope for GA floors for US shows. Pansies can get seats :D
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 201
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Wish list - I'll hope for GA floors for US shows. Pansies can get seats :D
    This would be excellent just like the old days of going to shows. I agree 10C should sell single seats not all of us have friends that are willing to split the cost and have the desire to see PJ. Also going to a PJ show with someone that is just not into the band sucks.
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Hm i suppose only selling two is bad for people who have either zero or lots of friends hahah
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    just more potential for the nimwit at the box office to screw things up and more transactions to crash the server

they have enough problems as it is

and PLEASE no GA, you want to be grinding up next to some inconsiderate sweaty douche so you can get close-go to a festival
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I go to shows to go to shows, not to hold hands. single tickets usually yield a better single seat too... someone said something about "the extra seat" or something. if they did singles, member #1 would still be ahead of member #2 in terms of 10C seniority. so if member #2 had a single seat it wouldn;t be as close as the pair purchased by member #1... i wouldn't think, but what do i know. then again.... what do any of us know. :lol:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I go to shows to go to shows, not to hold hands. single tickets usually yield a better single seat too... someone said something about "the extra seat" or something. if they did singles, member #1 would still be ahead of member #2 in terms of 10C seniority. so if member #2 had a single seat it wouldn;t be as close as the pair purchased by member #1... i wouldn't think, but what do i know. then again.... what do any of us know. :lol:

But if the next member to purch a single is member #50, they'd get the open seat next to member#2, so #50 would be closer then #25.
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    I'm guessing they don't because its easier to sell them in pairs. All rows are evenly paired, and if you have single tickets mixed in, you could have seats distributed where one ticket is Row A, seat 36 and your bud is on Row B, seat 1. I've had this happen at basketball games and its pretty damn annoying.
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    nbakyfan wrote:
    I'm guessing they don't because its easier to sell them in pairs. All rows are evenly paired, and if you have single tickets mixed in, you could have seats distributed where one ticket is Row A, seat 36 and your bud is on Row B, seat 1. I've had this happen at basketball games and its pretty damn annoying.

All rows are not evenly paired. Case and point, San Diego last summer, I pulled row 3 on stone's side, single seat from the Ticketmaster public onsale. Those are obviously ALL 10C seats right? They had an odd number of seats in the first few rows as it angled back, yielding a true nugget, since 10C doesn;t do singles.

Wait... yeah, don;t sell singles. Bad idea then I couldn;t get 3rd row from TM. Thanks 10C!
  • they should just alternate single double single double to fill up each row...

it would look something like this (|= aisle s= single d= double (i put two to show two seats))

|-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-|

the only issue would be if there's only one seat left at the end and it's a double's turn, then they can fudge it to have either 2 singles in a row or 2 doubles in a row...

problem:
    |-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-x-|

solution:
    |-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-s-| or |-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-dd-|

so single tickets do work and it will allow for some mixing of seniority so high #'s could get in close as well
  • they should just alternate single double single double to fill up each row...

it would look something like this (|= aisle s= single d= double (i put two to show two seats))

|-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-|

the only issue would be if there's only one seat left at the end and it's a double's turn, then they can fudge it to have either 2 singles in a row or 2 doubles in a row...

problem:
    |-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-x-|

solution:
    |-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-s-| or |-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-s-dd-dd-|

so single tickets do work and it will allow for some mixing of seniority so high #'s could get in close as well

Aren't they busy enough without having to do this? We'd never get another deep mag again. :lol:
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    nbakyfan wrote:

All rows are not evenly paired. Case and point, San Diego last summer, I pulled row 3 on stone's side, single seat from the Ticketmaster public onsale. Those are obviously ALL 10C seats right? They had an odd number of seats in the first few rows as it angled back, yielding a true nugget, since 10C doesn;t do singles.

Wait... yeah, don;t sell singles. Bad idea then I couldn;t get 3rd row from TM. Thanks 10C!

This guy's right. My friends pulled FRONT FUCKING ROW, Stone's side at the venue's box office an hour before the same show.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I'm a "LONER" hahaha :P ...2 Tickets and Just ME last year! (November 14th)..Luckily "SWIFT" action and a last minute CALL made it that i DIDN'T waste the Ticket...;)